Postings by Calvin Mc Catster D.I.T#46b 's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 102: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > Looking to Adopt a FIV+ Cat!
Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Mon Jul 22, '13 7:27pm PST 
Hi!
Ruffy here, and my brofur Smokie and I are both FIV+, as is my little sisfur, Princess Antonia.

Listen, Smokie and I have health issues, but no more so than many older cats. And Princess has never been ill, except for a cold once. she got antibiotics and is fine.

I do all the things cats without FIV+ do. I sleep and eat. I love chicken. (got any chicken?). I sleep some more. I play. I eat more chicken. I go to the box. I sleep again. I search for chicken.

Seriously, we're fine. While we can get some 'opportunistic' illnesses, we also may not. Some of us never do. Many cats get sick without being FIV+ at all, so there is no guarantee that any 'non' FIV cat will never have a health problem.

Tell you mom to read up on FIV+. It's not like the HIV virus at all. Many of us never manifest a single symptom and live long healthy lives. My vet beleives, incidently, my health issues have come from years of rough living outside. Now that I'm 'safe' I hopefully will never have another health issue.

We're here if you need to speak with us-and as you can see, there are many of us here!

we hope you do get this little cat...purrs and all the best...

love,
Ruffy
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by River, Jul 23 3:18 pm

Behavior & Training > Help my mommy please?
Orange Ruffy

Purred: Mon Jun 3, '13 7:01am PST 
Firstly: Deep breath...

When cats come into new homes, it takes awhile for them to really become themselves, get used to the people around them, and the home. It sounds to me that alot is being expected of a cat, who has her own needs and wants, and simply may not be ready to be what you expect them to be.

When we meet potential 'Forever' pawrents, the first thing we say is 'understand, what you see here, may not happen with you-at least not right away'. All cats need an adjustment time-cats bond to their environments as much as to their people. They don't act the same way with people-some cats behave very differently in different homes.

I am going to probably sound slightly hard here, but I'm going to say this: this kitty might well be one that needs the comfort and social atmosphere of other animals-and she sounds as though she's very, very bored. A cat isn't a stuffed toy, to be expected to sit on your lap all day! There are cats that will, but again, lap sitting may be something that happens with time and trust. There are things you can do to work on the relationship-and yep, it's a relationship like any other!

1) Spend time playing with your cat! Get a wand toy, get a toy with feathers on the end and spend time playing!!!
2) Catnip toys are good! Don't take them away! Cats need stimulation and need to keep from getting bored!In a home with other animals she had alot of stimulation and here she sounds as though she doesn't, that she's expected to sleep on the bed with you and thats about it....she needs lots and lots of interaction, but in a way that will make her feel a part of your life. Play with her-toss them for her, let her know you want to interact!
3) A good, sturdy cat tree near a window. Again....this is about her needs...and she needs to be a cat...looking out a window is something all my cats love to do! It's usually a big part of their morning routine, watching birds, watching squirrels, watching other things outside.

Affection, lap sititng, seeking you out...it's a part of building trust. She sounds bored and stressed, and again, cats pick up on your mood, your anxiety and your tension. It sounds like you're expecting quite a bit from her, and she hasn't found her feet yet. She may well be missing her foster family and what she knew at their home. I don't know how long you've had her, but again, all relationships take time to build.

If you don't feel that you're the right now, talk with the rescue and the foster mom if you can. They may be able to give you some guidance.

All the best,
Mom to Ruffy, Natalie, Smokieboo, Princess, CK Angel Ryder, Midnight, Calvin and Paws
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Orange Ruffy, Jun 3 7:01 am

Get Well Soon > The New Home of Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs

Orange Ruffy

Purred: Mon Jun 3, '13 6:41am PST 
Purring for Charlie, and his family.
[notify]

» There has since been 298 posts. Last posting by Stella, Fri 10:32 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I can't handle this...

Orange Ruffy

Purred: Mon May 27, '13 7:02am PST 
Dear Luna's mom,
You know, you were the best for her. You loved her and gave her a wonderful kind and loving home. We, as cats, don't know 'time'. We know warm naps in the sun, playing with our toys, sitting in boxes and being loved.
Time to us is you and love and all the wonders of home.
Luna had that.
I sit up on my hinds, and salute you dear human. You are and will furever be loved.

Ruffy
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by IMO (Gone to the Rainbow brid, Jun 9 2:06 pm

Get Well Soon > Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs

Orange Ruffy

Purred: Thu Apr 25, '13 6:52am PST 
Purrs for all....
[notify]

» There has since been -19912.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Cat Health > my sweet kitten is gone
Orange Ruffy

Purred: Thu Apr 25, '13 6:46am PST 
...may the road rise up to meet you...
may the wind blow softly at your back
may the sun shine warm upon your face
and til we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of his hand'

Dear Mom to Mutzi,

As cats, we don't fear the beyond, we live day to day, and appreciate and love each moment. When the time comes to leap the divide, we know you are there, and as we turn back with a last purr, our souls link forever, and we leave our pawprint on your heart.

it's not the number of breaths you take...but the number that take your breath away. Your dear little one had that...and purrs and pats you gently from just beyond....don't grieve too much...she's close by watching over you.

love and light,
Ruffy
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bowski, Apr 25 6:11 pm

Orange Ruffy

Purred: Mon Apr 22, '13 6:08am PST 
Purrs for Midnight. Purrs for all in need, in Chicago, in Texas, and in Boston.
[notify]

» There has since been -19900.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > sweet Hooch has crossed the bridge

Orange Ruffy

Purred: Tue Mar 19, '13 9:42am PST 
Dear Hooch,
We know you're in good company there...and we're sending many purrs and much much love.

love,
and lots of it
The Ridgewood kitties.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Natasha, Mar 22 1:50 am

Orange Ruffy

Purred: Thu Mar 14, '13 1:04pm PST 
For Peekaboo...can someone alert Miss Ingen's mom? She lives in Washington state and knows of some inexpensive vet hospitals in her area. Not sure if it's close, but we hope it helps. 9 is not old for a cat, and this makes us feel sad and helpless....purrs.
[notify]

» There has since been -19814.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Orange Ruffy

Purred: Sat Feb 23, '13 7:25pm PST 
Guys, I need purrs. I have extremely bad ringworm. I had to be shaved down. The lesions are itchy. I have to be dipped weekly.
My whole house is in kitty watch for it now. Smokie may have it to.

and tonight I have to have that e collar on me, because I have a bacterial infection from scratching.
[notify]

» There has since been -19787.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

(Page 1 of 102: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.