Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Behavior & Training > she likes him, right?
Kashi

Purred: Tue Jul 1, '14 8:30pm PST 
I think some of it is definitely him being younger and a playful kitten. Some of it is also that he's male. We've always had rather big cat families and I've observed that age and gender make a difference sometimes in how they relate.
All our cats are spayed or altered but the girls usually roost with each other. The senior girls usually sleep together. The boys might pair off if it's cold weather but usually they compete with each other for the sleeping spots, food dish and humans.
But yes I'm sure she likes him. Sometimes she's probably just exasperated he wants to play so much. Maybe giving him a springy toy or something catnippy will let him play off some energy on his own?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 3 3:26 am

Behavior & Training > Woooof, We Got Jumped by a CAT
Kashi

Purred: Sun Jun 29, '14 5:32pm PST 
I would've thought it was a bad dream if I hadn't had the scratches the next morning. I was walking Sophie late night. Because of her crazy behavior around other animals we walk where we can hopefully be alone. She has killed several cats so I keep her leash short near houses, parked cars, bushes. We walked past a driveway and she pulled slightly and I pulled her back. Out hopped a huge ball of gray black spitting fluff.
I pulled Sophie back hard and IT FOLLOWED US. After a couple long seconds Hell Kitty lost interest.
I got Sophie home right away and checked for scratches. The only thing majorly scratched was my leg. I saved your life you stupid cat thanks a lot!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 29 5:32 pm

Cat Health > Is EATING DRIED CATNIP dangerous for cats?

Kashi

Purred: Fri Jun 20, '14 11:37pm PST 
Some nights when most of the cats are inside I'll let them have party time on the kitchen table...not the floor because then the dogs want to join in even though catnip just makes them sneeze. I sprinkle some on the table and have a ziplock bag of toys I store in dried catnip. Usually three or four cats get up there and play until they fall asleep...or off the table...so stoned
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 20 11:37 pm

Behavior & Training > Unprovoked, without warning Vicious attacks while petting.

Kashi

Purred: Thu Jun 12, '14 1:03pm PST 
I've had so many cats I should be an expert by now but I agree there could be something medical or neurological going on. Then again there are some perfectly healthy cats that just aren't happy campers sometimes.
Our Ninja is affectionate to the point of being obnoxious most of the time. He'll twirl around us, around the dogs and other cats too...demanding attention. Some nights he'll jump on the bed and pace over dogs and humans the same way. Purring, rolling, making muffins and chirping "Pet me, pet me, I am here, I am here!!!" BUT if you try to pick him up or put him on your lap and it's not his choice he growls and spits. Go figure...Perfectly lovey when it's his choice, not yours.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 14 5:31 pm

Senior Cats > Do Cats Go Gray?

Kashi

Purred: Sat Jun 7, '14 9:13am PST 
For a variety of sad reasons we never really had many pets into old age. Now I realize that some of the flock are close to ten. Interesting because I never saw it before...
I didn't realize how fur color changes. I guess it's the same idea as human hair. I was just petting Stumpy, a tuxedo and she has white hairs running through her whole coat that weren't there before.
Sophie an AmStaff has always had a brown/black snout. Now around her nose and eyes I see gray.
Part of life I supposecry Oh just have to believe they still have many good years left.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 8 10:47 pm

Behavior & Training > Aggressive and possibly Overprotective
Kashi

Purred: Fri Jun 6, '14 6:10pm PST 
Possibly something that might help. It works with dogs sometimes, purrhaps cats as well. The concept is "Do not engage". If you hiss at me out of the blue...I will not pet you or even look at you. If you're being socially acceptable I can make you really happy with cat yummies and lovely petting sessions. But one hiss or swipe and I'm walking out of the room. Might be worth a try, if it worked for our pit bull it could work for your kitty.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 8 4:10 pm

Behavior & Training > 3 Cats now! Need help with #2 and #3 getting along!

Kashi

Purred: Fri Jun 6, '14 6:02pm PST 
What is it about girl cats? We've added numerous cats to the household without a big fuss. The boys usually will have a few times of hissing and swinging at each other then they work out a new pecking order. The girls on the other paw can continue fuming at certain cats for years. Of course make sure nobody gets hurt but I'd say give them some time. With cats it can sound worse than it is until they work it out.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 6 6:02 pm

Senior Cats > Cat Litter which is the Best?

Kashi

Purred: Sun May 4, '14 2:09pm PST 
I use Shop Rite store brand scented, nice price and it stays fresher longer than some name brands.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 4 2:09 pm

Laws & Legislation > Stop high school cat dissection in Denver, Colorado

Kashi

Purred: Mon Apr 14, '14 4:40pm PST 
Signed! What kind of sick %&#$* do they have in charge of animal rights in Denver anyway?!!! Breed bans and taking apart cats in high school...remind me to never even visit there. shock
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 2 2:50 pm

Behavior & Training > Cat so stressed he had a seizure?
Kashi

Purred: Mon Apr 14, '14 4:31pm PST 
I don't know if it reassures you any but our cat Mr. Foot has had seizures his whole life. As a kitten one of his littermates had the same issue only she would twitch when she was woken up.
Like your cat he's been checked by the vet several times and is totally healthy...the size of a medium terrier, well muscled and about seven years old now. But through the day he'll lay back suddenly and for a few minutes his head and paws will twitch and he'll be glassy eyed.
Then all of a sudden he shakes his head like "What? Hey what was that all about?" and goes back to whatever he was doing.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 14 4:31 pm

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.