Postings by Hobbes's Family

GO!

Food & Nutrition > How is Instinct Cat food? Urinary problems on Authority.

Fat Rudy

Fat Rudy - Can't- Cuddle...Eating

Purred: Thu Dec 5, '13 4:01pm PST 
I am switching my cat to a better food after he has suffered 5 UTI's in the last year. I am also adding a cranberry powder to his food and giving him D-Mannose one week a month.

After researching foods, I have decided on Instinct Duck and Turkey Meal dry and Duck wet.

I would like to know if anyone has any reviews for this food or if they have any suggestions to a good cat food. Something natural and organic, please. High fat, low fiber.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Lady, Dec 12 9:43 pm

Bengal > Bengal and heart conditions
Hobbes

Look Into My- Eyes

Purred: Wed Nov 14, '12 3:44pm PST 
My Bengal had a heart murmur for 7 months before it cleared up. He's fine now.

Don't worry about things you cannot change. It's makes sane people crazy.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Riddick, Dec 18 7:58 am

Laws & Legislation > Ask Albert Einstein Medical Center to End the Use of Kittens in its Pediatrics Residency

Hobbes

Look Into My- Eyes

Purred: Wed Nov 14, '12 3:42pm PST 
o you would rather a bunch of children die then some cats? That is sick.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by ♥Kally Kat♥, Dec 3 6:39 am

Cats and a Clean Home > The Best Cat Litter?

Hobbes

Look Into My- Eyes

Purred: Wed Nov 14, '12 2:31pm PST 
I use World's Best. There's something in a name...

My Bengal won't let me switch. I tried when the XL bags got smaller and they still charged the same price but my cats started using the laundry basket as a litter box. It's great litter, albeit expensive. It lasts a lot longer than the bag says, especially if you scoop daily (I scoop twice daily). I will never use another littler, party because Hobbes won't let me.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jan 21 8:03 am

Cats and a Clean Home > "Smart Litter 'Organic n Safe' local brand or other suggestions for good litter?

Hobbes

Look Into My- Eyes

Purred: Wed Nov 14, '12 2:19pm PST 
I use World's Best for Mutiple Ctas. I love the corn/wheat smell. Especially when compared to the baking soda smell of most litters (like Maxx Cat)

So I was buying the biggest bag for the longest time. It lasts much longer than any other litter (even longer than the bag says), if you scoop daily ( i scoop twice daily). But then they made the bag smaller and wanted the same price for it!!!! My pride said no and I went with a cheap version of it. Wrong. My bengal revolted and pissed all over my house. Plants, laundry buckets, carpets, pillows, dog kennel, etc.

Needless to say, Im using it again. I hate the price but i have to sate my bengal or he'll wreck the place.

But other than the price, its the best and I really like it.

I got the litter paws too so I turned the box towrad the wall and made it so he had to walk on a bit of rug as he got out. I bought the litter collector rugs and lined the hallway so that got rid of his litter paws.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Hobbes, Nov 14 2:19 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > How to get rid of UTI-Urine smell?
Hobbes

Look Into My- Eyes

Purred: Wed Nov 14, '12 2:15pm PST 
My cat recently had a UTI and while I was sleeping, he left a few stinky drops in every corner of the room (carpet!). I sprayed and scrubbed (with an odor/stain remover) but the stench lingers. I dont want my landlord (who lives in the suite downstairs) to smell it! What can I do to really get rid of it,short of steam cleaning, since he would probably ask why.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Beep, Feb 12 2:02 pm

Cat Health > FIV positive cats introduced to cats without it?

Hobbes

Look Into My- Eyes

Purred: Wed Nov 14, '12 2:10pm PST 
You should listen to the vet. Always. That is why you pay them.

If the other cats get FIV, you will be held responsible for it and may end up having to pay for their vet visits. $$$$$$$

Make sure the other cats are vaccinated against FIV, if you must let them socialize.
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Dec 4 11:32 pm

Cat Health > UTI prevention in male cats

Fat Rudy

Fat Rudy - Can't- Cuddle...Eating

Purred: Wed Nov 14, '12 2:08pm PST 
My cat had a bunch of UTI's so I started feeding him Purina Pro Plan for Urinary Tract Health (I couldnt afford the Hills food at 2.50 a can). The Purina is good according to my vet, and it costs 1.20 a can.

I feed him only wet food. Never dry.

I also buy Uri-Ease treats and give him 10 a day (read directions for your cat). These are very expensive, about $15 a week. But I think they are working.

I also clean his litter box in the morning and at night. I know its a bother but once you start doing it, it becomes a habit and it's not a problem. I throw all the litter out every Sunday and clean the box with dishsoap and water.

He hasn't had any problems since so it seems to be working.

Good luck with your baby!
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by BK, Feb 2 9:54 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.