Postings by Buckwheat's Family

GO!

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Goodbye my sweet little girl Buckwheat

Buckwheat

Purred: Sat Oct 27, '12 8:57pm PST 
My little girl kitty Buckwheat passed on Thursday evening, October 25th, 2012. We hung on for a year and a half after she got sick with what was diagnosed as pancreatitis and suffered a slow decline in weight energy and health. We gave her subcutaneous fluids, special diets and lots of veterinarian care. She didn't seem to suffer as she weakened and I let her pass naturally. Buckwheat, I loved you too much to let you go by euthanizing you.

Thank you for the unconditional love and being the neglected kitty for so long as I fawned over the others. I'll never know what you faced before I rescued you from outside but I hope you enjoyed your time with me. We had six months together living in a travel trailer this summer, and I hope you enjoyed the birds singing and the sun shining and the walks we took in the countryside with your little body in my sweat shirt as you grew too tired to walk.

Rest well my angel.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Althea, PAWS, Oct 30 2:23 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I hope Clancy Romancy will forgive me.
Clancy- Romancy

Purred: Wed May 30, '12 3:31am PST 
I just wanted to clarify my first post. I believe all Clancy's caregivers did what they thought was best for him. It's just hard to accept the outcome.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Timmy Tomcat DB #122a, Jul 1 2:02 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I hope Clancy Romancy will forgive me.

Purred: Tue May 29, '12 7:11pm PST 
I got a call Saturday last from an animal rescue group that my beloved 12 year old cat Clancy Romancy was euthanized. I was told he had a stroke, the vet could do nothing to bring him back, and he was put down. I had surrendered him 3 weeks ago after completing an 11 month battle to find him a new home. He had developed diabetes September 2010, soiled the carpet in a bedroom of my apartment before I could get diagnosis and treatment. The damage was discovered in 2011 by the apartment manager and a city inspector during a random fire inspection. I got him out of the apartment before animal control could confiscate him and boarded him at a very expensive place for 11 months while I frantically tried to find a new place for him to live. Nobody, including family, would help me. After unsuccessfully trying to find a cheap home to buy, I decided to purchase a travel trailer and live in it because it was all the cash I had left. After completing the move from my apartment and rescuing Clancy from the boarding house, I tried to make a home for him and my other 3 cats. I didn't count on getting debilitating depression from my new neighborhood in a trailer park. I was afraid I would not be able to take care of Clancy and treat his diabetes, so that's when I surrendered him. What a mistake. He had been alone for almost a year while boarding and was happy to be with me, even in a trailer. Then he had to go live with 5 strange cats and a squawking bird in a foster home. He had dental problems, which I understand can be magnified by diabetes. I knew of them, but had spent all my money on insulin therapy and boarding fees. The rescue organization would not help him until I had legally signed him over. Their vet decided to aggressively treat his dental problems by extracting 7 teeth. I checked with another holistic vet today and she suggested that the combination of stress from so many moves, having diabetes, and the dental procedure just put him over the top. I wonder if he just checked out when he realized I wasn't coming back and he had to live in that foster home. I am grieving and trying to pick up the pieces of my life after a long battle to keep him safe. I feel that I failed him. Clancy was a very gentle cat who never hurt anyone and forgave me for all the mistakes I made as his keeper in the 12 years he graced my life. Sorry for the long story but it's the only way I can try to convey why this animal meant so much to me.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Timmy Tomcat DB #122a, Jul 1 2:02 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.