Postings by Kira's Family

GO!

Behavior & Training > my 4 month old kitten started peeing in her carrier :/

Kira

Purred: Thu Oct 25, '12 10:05pm PST 
Hey,

So I have two 4 month old kittens - a sister and brother named Kira and Jen - and so far everything is great except for one thing.

Twice now Kira has peed in her carrier. I usually keep the carriers out with the doors open and sometimes treats inside so that they'll be used to them and won't only associate them with going to the vet.

However, today was the second time Kira marked the inside of hers. I'm not really sure why, and I don't know what to do to make sure this doesn't become a larger problem. Other than these two incidents, she and her brother have been using the litter box just fine.

If anyone has suggestions or input, I would appreciate it. They're both really nice kittens, and I want to make sure they don't develop bad habits.

In the meantime, I threw out the bedding, cleaned the carrier, and closed both of them.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kira, Oct 25 10:05 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.