Postings by Lily's Family

GO!

Behavior & Training > starting to get tired of her little attitude!

Lily

Purred: Mon Nov 26, '12 12:56pm PST 
I don't know whats gotten into my normally sweet Lily lately. She's about 15 weeks olds, and Ive had her since she was 6 weeks old. She's always been kind of a loner, and only wants attention on "her terms" but shes becoming so mean and obnoxious lately. She does not want to be petted, she walks away. If I try and hold her, she gives me that look of "I'm going to hit you" and growls. She plays and interacts with her 7 month old 'sister' Callie just fine, and never gives an attitude to my Mom, but me, she thinks she can boss around and have an attitude with. Its very annoying. I want my sweet kitten back. Is it just a stage, that she will grow out of? I'm pretty much at the point I'll just leave her alone, except to feed her, and only interact with her when she comes to me, till this "phase" goes away. She's getting spayed in about a week and a half, I'm sure thats going to make her dislike me even more frown. Any ideas what I can do to make her like me again?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maizy , Dec 4 11:43 am

Behavior & Training > shes so bored!
Lily

Purred: Mon Nov 12, '12 8:55am PST 
I think my little Lily is bored with her toys! She has countless balls, and different mice of different textures, and bells, and feathers on a wand, and a laser pointer, and a crunchy "tube tunnel". The laser pointer is no longer exciting, I think shes figured out where the laser beam is coming from, so its no longer exciting. Any ideas of some new games, new toys I can get her, that will challenge her mind and be fun again? She's already so smart for her 13 weeks of age, and I want to continue her learning and fun. What are some good toys that arent extremely expensive? (I've seen some at petsmart/petco that are like $20-$100). Callie on the other hand, she isn't bored, she lovss her mice. We got Callie from our woods, she showed up out of nowhere, and she was about 5 months when we got her, so she hasn't had all the learning experiences Lily has..but I want to keep Lily entertained and continuously "learning"

Thanks smile
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 18 10:56 pm

Food & Nutrition > confusing information about "Kitten" food

Lily

Purred: Wed Nov 7, '12 1:39pm PST 
Thanks! Yeah she is definitely cute, she is actually sitting here with me right now, going after my cursor on the screen. She just hit 13 weeks, I should add more recent pictures of her. Thanks for your input! I've finally found some "Kitten specific" brands she likes. She likes Royal Canin kitten, Inova Cat & Kitten, and Blue longevity kitten. But its really good to know that I can get adult food too and not worry about it being kitten specific, thanks! Because I'm sure in only a matter of time these kitten brands she likes will get old and she will be too "grown" for those too before I know it.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mac's Cat , Nov 10 10:59 pm

Food & Nutrition > confusing information about "Kitten" food

Lily

Purred: Wed Oct 31, '12 12:41pm PST 
Hi Everyone! So I'm pretty confused with all this kitten/adult food thing. I went to Petco the other day, and they told me do NOT feed my 12 week old kitten Lily adult food. The thing is, she thinks shes too old for kitten food now, and will not eat it. So, I started her on adult food. She likes it. I get it that babies need extra protein and fats, but is adult really all that bad for her growth and development? I feed her pretty good stuff.. I have Blue, Natural Balance, Royal Canin, Soulistic, Good Karma, and Fancy Feast. She and her other sister Callie (7 months) both like these. Are there any other kitten brands out there that I haven't tried yet? They are both already so picky. I also feed them Iams hard kitten food, and they both nibble on that, but much prefer their soft foods. Any suggestions? Or is it okay with what I'm feeding them?

Thanks for your input!
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Mac's Cat , Nov 10 10:59 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.