Postings by Felix's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 199: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > I am new, learning how this works!
Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Wed Jun 24, '15 5:29pm PST 
welcomewave Yes Caster is a fun place, but right now there are alot of cobwebs & squirrely things not working rightly. We are to switch over to a new stable flea free format soon, not sure just when though. That is why some things don;t work correctly. But welcome! You will find a great bunch of kitties & their humans here. way to go In the meantime, welcome again! A friend request is on the way (if it workes hehe)
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mr D - D'boat #19, Jul 2 4:44 am

Cat Health > Cat Pee Stuck IN Dog Bed
Tigger

Purred: Tue Jun 23, '15 10:16am PST 
watch using ammonia - as a kitty can mistake it for urine smell - urine will give off an ammonia smell, so they think it is ok to go there.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Jun 23 10:16 am

Cat Health > My cats nose is crusty

Tigger

Purred: Tue Jun 23, '15 10:12am PST 
Could she have an allergy? or maybe she tends to rub her nose in the same spot? I would check with another vet to be sure.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Jun 23 10:12 am

Get Well Soon > The New Home of Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs

Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Tue Jun 23, '15 10:10am PST 
I know hardly anyone is around anymore, but Maizy can use some purrs. She has an inflamed liver & pancreatitis from her IBD. Sening purrs to those in need too.
purr purr purrhug
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by The S Team, Thu 2:23 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > Red Needs Power of the Paw

Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Tue Jun 23, '15 10:07am PST 
sending many purrs and healing paws your way Red.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by The S Team, Jul 19 9:49 pm

Cat Health > IBD cat no poop
Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Thu Jun 11, '15 2:50pm PST 
Hi Wizard!cat on moon Felix has constipation, due to the fact he has nerve damage & severe hip displasia. It would hurt to push the poopie, so sometimes he would hold it & get blocked up. Now he takes Miralax. I take 1/2 teaspoon & mix a bit of water (about 1-1/2 teaspoons water) in his food bowl. In a minute it will turn clear, I then mix his wet food with it. He gets extra water this way & he likes his food a bit soupy anyways. I usually give him this twice a day, but if I see his poops getting soft, I cut back to once a day. What it does is pull water into the intestines & makes the poop softer & easy for them to go. It won't hurt if you have another cat & they eat some. It is tasteless. They do have store brands that are cheaper, but I use so little, I just went with the name brand small bottle.wave
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Wizard, Jun 16 12:45 am

Cat Health > prozac

Tigger

Purred: Thu May 21, '15 12:45pm PST 
Hi Chloe's momma - yes he was neutered as a kitten. He has access to a large cat tree, a dresser in front of the window in my office (I work from home) I have baskets for them on the tall hutch that is part of my desk. (his fav nap spot) Another cat ledge by the kitchen window. He is ruler of all around here. I give him a ton of attention. He sleeps with me every night. He sits bewteen me & hubby on the couch on his own softy blankie- he rides my shoulders. I am forever loving him up. He doesn't really play a whole lot, but he will jump for a feather toy a couple times. I try not to overdo it because of his heart. I have a Feliway in every room. (both spray & diffuser) I clean with Nature's Miracle first, per directions, then will use a pet safe cleaner. I have 3 huge tote bin boxes in the basement (it is a finished basement), one in my bedroom closet, one on our attached screened porch. I am putting another one in my office. They are cleaned 1-2x day. I completely agree that he is certainly more important than the colony- it is just hard when they were all born in our backyard woodpile, and a couple are so tame that I could bring them in and they would make great pets. I feel a responsibility to them too, I am the colony's registered caretaker -Do I wish I had never started feeding the first one? yes, but I cannot go back & change the past, just gotta deal with the present. It is frustrating on all levels. I was going to purchase some Cat Away sprinkles to put closer to the house in the hopes of keeping the ferals further away from the house. I even thought of having the vet test to see if perhaps he was not fully neutered since he has such a strong reaction. Part of it too he & I are so attuned, and I have been under much MUCH stress the past couple years, so I am sure he feels it too as much as I try to chill myself. I am glad to hear that it is safe with HCM and that it is ok. I guess I kind of feel like a failure to him. I am supposed to keep him well, and hard as I try, nothing works.shrug
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, May 21 12:45 pm

Cat Health > prozac

Tigger

Purred: Wed May 20, '15 5:22pm PST 
Hello all - After having tried everything, and I mean EVERYTHING to curtail Tig's spraying, I am seriously considering asking the vet about medication. I do not like to go this route, but I really don't know what to do anymore. I love this cat - he is my soul-cat & I don't want his sweet quirky personality to change, but I actually cried today when I had to clean up yet another spray area. I know part of the cause, and it cannot be changed, (I am the caretaker of a registered colony of kits - that are all fixed, but they do like to lounge around the area - how can I stop feeding them - it's not their fault.) Although I do remember when I got Smitty, he did it a couple times before Smitty was fixed, then it stopped. I brought Felix in at the time the colony was here, and that is when it started, and has not stopped.But I have made sure to cover all the other bases. Seriously, I buy Nature's Miracle in 2 gallons at a time. I can even tell you which formulas work better than others. My hubby has been patient about it, but he is frustrated too - he adores Tig. He is tired of pee - I am tired of pee - I worry that my house smells as much as I try to clean - I am sure I have missed spots that he has marked. Sometimes I don't find it until it is dry. So now I am desperate. My concern is how prozac will interact with his HCM and atenolol. He is healthy otherwise. I have him on supplements for his bladder since he had the blockages as a young tyke, he gets 95% wet food. Anyone have experience with this med, with a HCM kitty on this med? I truly have tried it all:
calming collar, calming sachet, the other relaxing collar that is purple, Feliway spray, Feliway diffuser, I clean with Nature's Miracle - I use a pee light. I keep doors closed. I take him out on his leash to let it fly on the bush or the garbage can in hopes that it will curtail it one more night. We play, we snuggle - again he is my boy -He seems to ramp up at night, and even paces. I just can't take it anymore. I would never ever ever get rid of him - I just want some peace, as I know I get stressed when he does it, and it exacerbates the issue. My daughter comes over, and if she leaves her bag on the floor - bam pee....I leave something new anywhere, pee - the door way, my clothes in the closet - I wash and clean EVERY DAY. I am beginning to think I need the prozac too.....help? pwease?
frown naughty
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tigger, May 21 12:45 pm

Laws & Legislation > Revoke the veterinary license of Kristen Lindsey

Tigger

Purred: Thu Apr 30, '15 12:56pm PST 
I signed. I think she is an awful person.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), May 22 4:22 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Pookie's now at the Bridge
Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Thu Apr 16, '15 3:54pm PST 
I remember seeing you around here. Sending our sympathy to you for your loss. Pookie is no longer hurting, and is keeping watch over you. I wish you peace. little angel
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Alfie - Angel DB#14, Apr 17 2:08 am

(Page 1 of 199: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.