Postings by Felix's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 195: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > Gun Shy and Nervous Wreck (Mouth Problems)
Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Tue Dec 16, '14 3:45pm PST 
Glad he is doing well, and I love his name. I remember you and Sprinkles too! Just a note - I would not give baby aspirin to him again. I know you meant well and were trying to relieve his pain, but check with your vet if this is a safe thing to do. I know that acetametaphine (Tylenol) is deadly for cats, but I am not sure about the aspirin. It sure seems that you will be happy to put this past year behind you. I send you hugs for your pain. Perhaps Gandalf the Grey was sent to you by your loved ones, (human & kitty alike) to help heal your heart. Here's to a fresh year with your new kitty! hug
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Tue 3:45 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Advice on owning a cat? First time cat owner maybe..
Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Tue Dec 16, '14 3:39pm PST 
Get a kitty from a shelter - you save 2 lives. The kitty you rescue & the kitty that the shelter will have room for. I would research and think it through before you bring a cat home. They are very different than dogs. If they have a scratch post, they use that- please don't declaw. Potty box, if kept clean 1-2 times per day should not smell. Cats are funny, glorious little creatures, but they like routine, and need attention and play time too. I am not trying to sound mean - but if you are getting a puppy, maybe you should wait til your pup is settled before you bring a kitty home. If you do decide that you want one, a shelter will be able to help you find a cat that maybe has experience with dogs, and whose personality will fit your needs. I am not saying that you shouldn't get a kitty - just think it through. You might find it helpful to visit a shelter a few times & play with the residents. You would get a feel for them and maybe find your new pal. good luck! cheerwave
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Smokey, Tue 3:50 pm

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > Purr...hello everyone

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Tue Dec 16, '14 3:30pm PST 
welcome from the kitty quartet!welcomecat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Felix, Tue 3:30 pm

Behavior & Training > Any advice on keeping cats off of 'cat restricted' areas?

Tigger

Purred: Tue Dec 16, '14 3:24pm PST 
I usually will pick them up while saying "no table" etc and place them on the floor. This does not always work though. Maizy will give me a "whithering look" sometimes. My son tried the sticky tape for his cat, which he said worked alright as long as the kitty wasn't chewing the tape. You can also use a car matt the kind with little nubby teeth flipped teeth side out. They don't like the feel. SOme citrus peels on the counter can help to deter. They also have a cannister of compressed air that has a motion sensor & will spray air if the kitty triggers it. I think it is called Sssscaaat. Good luck, it is not easy to keep them off all the time, but with redirection and a nice place that they CAN go helps alot.wave
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Tue 3:24 pm

Cat Health > Brush my cat's teeth: Is cat toothpaste really necessary?

Tigger

Purred: Tue Dec 16, '14 3:19pm PST 
In my opinion even brushing with no toothpaste is better than not brushing at all. I sometimes use tooth wipes for cats, or a baby washcloth is good too.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Tue 3:19 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > Cody Needs Purrs
Tigger

Purred: Tue Dec 16, '14 3:17pm PST 
little angel fly free Cody. No more pain. I know it is so hard, but he will always be your guardian angel and will not suffer any more. I send you so many hugs for peace.hughughughug
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Tue 3:17 pm

Get Well Soon > The New Home of Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Thu Nov 20, '14 4:08pm PST 
I was just thinking the same thing Mouse. I hope it is that everyone is doing well. But just in case, here's some purrs purrpurrpurr
Stay warm, stay healthy & here's to hoping that the new year will bring an improved Catster to us all!

Health wise, the kitty quartet is doing well. This cold we are having does take a toll on Felix - he walks more slowly and awkwardly, but he still seems happy.

PURRPURRPURRPURR
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Sun 9:15 pm

Cat Health > Cat with hypertrophic myopathy

Tigger

Purred: Thu Nov 20, '14 4:00pm PST 
I just saw this now - I haven't been around too much lately. I hope that your kitty is doing ok. Tig has this, and takes atenolol 2 times a day, and is doing well. Not sure what med your kitty is on, but if it is making him not feel good, the vet should be able to prescribe something different to try. The labored breathing can be fluid, so it is important to keep contact with your vet. If you are not getting the support from them you need, then definitely try a different one. I question everything with Tig, and the vet will double check with his cardiologist if I ask her to. It is an awful disease, but can be managed. Some kitties do very well, and sadly others do not, but there is a ton of research going on now, to hopefully treat this better. Take care sweet kitty & family. hugwave
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Nov 20 4:00 pm

Cat Health > Bald Nose Diagnosis Vs. Mental Health

Tigger

Purred: Thu Nov 20, '14 3:51pm PST 
IS there a possibility of seeing another vet? It could be stress related, rubbing, could be overgrooming, could be other things too. Your vet should take your concerns seriously, and answer all your questions. I would be concerned too - especially if the skin is darker - what can cause that? I hope that things turn out ok for you. PLease post how you are.hugwave
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Nov 20 3:51 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > Cody Needs Purrs
Tigger

Purred: Thu Nov 20, '14 3:47pm PST 
sending purrs your way. We still cannot comment on diaries but you are in our thoughts hug
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Tue 3:17 pm

(Page 1 of 195: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.