Postings by Felix's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 188: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > Possible Tumor :(
Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Wed Apr 2, '14 8:46am PST 
Is it possible that it is not cancer? And what can they do for him? They need to give you some more answers to help you make a decision here. I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this, and with such a young boy too. I have no experience with this type of thing, but I hope you can get solid answers here. Purring for you no matter what. hug
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Delyte, Dark Angel, at Bridge, Apr 5 10:56 am

Cat Health > How to file a grievance against a Vet in Nassau, New York
Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Wed Apr 2, '14 8:43am PST 
I just had a whole post listing some sites, and I got the "bad words" error. Anyways, I did a search online "how to file a complaint against a vet in New York" came up with a bunch including the state site, and several others that give you steps along with a couple blogs from others that have done the same thing. You can also look at the ASCPA website, and they have info too.
You did the best you thought at the time - and you were failed by this vet. I hope that this new one can help your kitty. We are their advocates,so keep fighting! Good Luckhug
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Lucca, Apr 3 11:23 am

Behavior & Training > Inappropriate chewing/pooping

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Mon Mar 31, '14 11:48am PST 
What a cutie-pie! I think it is partially the age. And some cats like to chew. I used to be able to let my other kitties play with the little plastic milk rings, but Felix will chew them & eat it. He has chewed up a few things, and Smitty chewed right through a phone cord when he was little. You could try a Feliway, it doesn't hurt, and the bitter apple. You could also try double sided tape, HOWEVER my Maizy just chewed that (she is a plastic chewer) There are a few safe chew type toys out there. I get these toys called nipstix, and there are a few chew toys I saw at Petco, that say they are for chewing & won't unravel. Every time I saw chewing, I would give them something else to try & change their attention. He should outgrow it somewhat though. They also do have actual kitty chew stix. Felix did not get the concept of holding in his paws like a dog would do with a chewie, but he has problems with his legs, so that could be it, so I have to hold it for him, but he does chew it and eat it. They are in a purple bag - I have seen them at Petco & I got some online too. Enjoy your new kitties!wave
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Felix, Mar 31 11:48 am

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > Hiya! Jax here!

Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '14 6:59am PST 
welcomecat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Smithwick, Mar 28 6:59 am

Get Well Soon > The New Home of Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs

Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '14 6:57am PST 
purrs for all those in need
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Stella, Fri 10:32 am

Behavior & Training > no sleep for almost 90 days
Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '14 6:52am PST 
There are also calming supplements & maybe the Feliway diffuser. She seems to have so much energy, But maybe she is also afraid of being "returned" again like her last family did, and she is trying so hard (albiet too hard) to love you. I would suggest going to a good vet (not the shelter vet) to see if there is something that could take the edge off a bit. She should calm down as she gets older too. If she is about 1 year, they are kind of their snotty teen years. I also agree about trying the hissing. It has worked for me too. It does sound to me that she is just so wound up that she doens't know how to calm herself down.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Monster, Mar 30 8:11 am

Behavior & Training > Stray cat

Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '14 6:44am PST 
Probably. Does the cat look healthy & not thin? If it is clean & seems to be eating then it is probably owned by someone. Other than putting a note at this house to inquire, the only way to tell if it is microchipped is to take it to a vet or shelter. You could always call the shelter & ask what they think about the situation. Some people leave their cats go outside, so it very well could be an owned cat.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Smithwick, Mar 28 6:44 am

Cat Health > My Cat's story with FIP

Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '14 6:35am PST 
I hope this works for your kitty. It is such a horrible disease.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Smithwick, Mar 28 6:35 am

Cat Health > My momcat tried to kill its own baby

Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '14 6:34am PST 
These babies might be better off in foster care. I know they are cute, but for their safety - Momma cat is way too little. I saw this with one of my ferals. I had thought she was still to young to get pregnant (lesson learned) she had 2 kittens, and you could tell she had a tough time. She would give 1 kitten more attention than the other, and frequently just leave them out in the open. Luckily it was on my property, but during a nasty rain storm, I had to go & get the little black one and dry it off, and then put him in a safe dry spot. (I got him adopted!) the other kitten she refused to nurse - I tried to find it so I could get it to foster, but never did. Please be sure to get her spayed ASAP.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 2 3:41 am

Cat Health > kitty gums question
Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '14 6:26am PST 
Not sure what Healthy Mouth is, but perhaps it is irritating her gums? Maybe cut the amount down and see if that helps. It is something worth watching, as tooth problems can be painful. If there is no improvement, it may be worth another vet visit, and if needed another opinion. Hope all goes ok!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Mar 30 5:28 am

(Page 1 of 188: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.