Postings by Rory's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Cats & Travel > How to make moving less stressful?
Rory

Purred: Fri Sep 6, '13 9:09am PST 
Hi there! I'm planning on moving in the next few weeks, with my two cats. Both cats have been raised in the house we are currently in, and when we move it will be a few hours away and into most likely an apartment. Does anyone have any advice on making moving as less stressful as possible? I know the move is going to be stressful, but anything I could do to decrease it would help!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Snowball, Sep 8 1:10 pm

Cat Health > Not Eating...
Charlie

Puppy

Purred: Fri Sep 6, '13 9:05am PST 
Charlie was taken to the vet and had his urine tested. The doctor didn't say that much was wrong with him, but game him a shot for pain and gives me meds to give him every 24 hours for three days. So the next day my mom is laying in bed and he pee's all over her bed. And was acting funny, he wouldn't go near anyone and was acting sick. I was at work so my mom called the vet, and she told my mom that Charlie had lots of blood in his urine, and that the shot they gave him for the pain made him high as a kite. They never freaking told me that when I was IN the office. They just said that he had some pain. So then after all this I decided to look up the medication they put him on, and it was metacam. After doing some research, to my utter horror that medication is bad for cats. I refused to give him his last dose of it.

Since the vet visit I've been giving Charlie primarily soft food and he seems to be doing better.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Charlie, Sep 6 9:05 am

Cat Health > Not Eating...

Charlie

Puppy

Purred: Fri Jul 26, '13 7:48pm PST 
The past few days I've noticed Charlie and Rory both haven't been eating very much. Rory has been eating more than Charlie, and Charlie has been eating very, very little. I've tried giving him his favourites (soft food and treats) but he won't eat that either.

I got him to eat a little bit of soft food last night, and today a few treats but thats it. He just turns up his nose to anything I offer him. Rory isn't eating much either. Usually she comes running when she hears her food, but she hasn't been. I don't know whats going on with them, but I'm incredibly worried.

Some more info; One of them threw up whatever they ate last night. I think it was Rory, but it was at 3am so its hard to be sure. One of them has been peeing in the bathtub and a few other places lately, I think its Charlie. That was the original reason for his soon to be vet appointment. We had family visit last weekend, and they brought their grandkids and dog. But both cats are used to kids and the dog has been here many times before, plus the dog was outside 95% of the time.

Has anyone gone through this with their cat before? Obviously I'm going to take them to the vet but can't get in for a few more days. Just incredibly worried....
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Charlie, Sep 6 9:05 am

Cat Health > Revolution?

Charlie

Puppy

Purred: Sun Jul 21, '13 11:47am PST 
Revolution works great, and its super easy to use. I've used Revolution on both of my cats and it works great. Just make sure when you apply it you put it in a place where your cat cannot lick it, my vet recommended placing it in between my cats shoulder blades.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Steinem - In Memory, Jul 24 4:16 pm

Food & Nutrition > Best Diet Food

Rory

Purred: Thu Apr 18, '13 6:52pm PST 
I took Rory to the vet today and my vet is putting her on a special hard food that I will probably spend an arm and leg on and have to get from the vets office. I mentioned Stella's but my vet told me to try the one she knows works first. She had never heard of Stella's. If the one from the vet doesn't work I'm going to try Stella's. She also recommended that I get her one of those Slim Cat feeding balls so she will have no choice but to move to get her food. Fingers crossed!

Since Rory is going on special food, I think I'm going to take the dive and switch Charlie to a soft food diet. Fingers crossed again!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Snowball, Oct 8 11:02 am

Charlie

Puppy

Purred: Fri Apr 12, '13 3:26pm PST 
I always heard that soft food will rot your cats teeth, how true is that?
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Snowball, Oct 8 11:02 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Ghost of your Kitty?

Charlie

Puppy

Purred: Fri Apr 12, '13 2:50pm PST 
I recently had a visit from one of my boys. My cat Jack passed Jan 2, 2009 at age 10 and my cat Nikki passed the summer of 2007. The loss of Nikki and Jack was quit bad for me, after Nikki and Jack both passed I got a few visits from them. I think they knew that I really needed a visit. Once I got my two kitties I have now the visits became less frequent. But last week I was almost asleep and I felt a cat jump up on my bed and walk across the bed towards me. I rolled over to pet whichever cat it was but there was nothing there. It was one of my boys visiting me.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by CHARLEY BLEAU EYES, Apr 16 4:02 pm

Rory

Purred: Fri Apr 12, '13 2:33pm PST 
It's not coming across as that way as all. I tried the soft food, she won't eat it. I have a stubborn kitty smile

Rory has an appointment Thursday with her vet, I'm going to talk to her about putting her on that Stella raw food diet. How do you guys get over the fact that its raw? The thought of it grosses me out. I worry that if there is a recall on it because something was diseased both of of my lovely kitties could get sick.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Snowball, Oct 8 11:02 am

Rory

Purred: Sat Mar 30, '13 5:55pm PST 
I tried every single kind of low grain soft food that the pet store had. She didn't like it at all. My other cat Charlie, however thought he was in heaven, he loves soft food but he is not over weight at all. I just recently bought some more again, and she will give it one lick and then walk away. I found a new kind that they didn't have the last time I tried and she won't eat it.

I always heard that soft food would ruin her teeth, so I never gave it to her as a kitten. That article was certainly an eye opener.

I'll have to look and see if I can get some of that Stella and Chewys. I've never heard of it. Do cats tend to like that?

We all try and play and get both cats to exercise. I've bought several toys, and the only one Rory will play with is the remote control mouse. Anything else she just lays around and waits for you to bring it to her.

Thanks for all your help!
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Snowball, Oct 8 11:02 am

Rory

Purred: Sat Mar 30, '13 5:55pm PST 
I tried every single kind of low grain soft food that the pet store had. She didn't like it at all. My other cat Charlie, however thought he was in heaven, he loves soft food but he is not over weight at all. I just recently bought some more again, and she will give it one lick and then walk away. I found a new kind that they didn't have the last time I tried and she won't eat it.

I always heard that soft food would ruin her teeth, so I never gave it to her as a kitten. That article was certainly an eye opener.

I'll have to look and see if I can get some of that Stella and Chewys. I've never heard of it. Do cats tend to like that?

We all try and play and get both cats to exercise. I've bought several toys, and the only one Rory will play with is the remote control mouse. Anything else she just lays around and waits for you to bring it to her.

Thanks for all your help!
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Snowball, Oct 8 11:02 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.