Postings by Raider Shannon's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

Behavior & Training > Peeing EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME, and for WHAT reason?? Heeellp...
Attila the- Hun

Mommy? Mommy!- MOMMY!!

Purred: Thu Dec 20, '12 8:03am PST 
Haven't had a chance to get to a vet yet, but I'm almost 100% positive this is due to stress. Here's why:

This started when I closed the bathroom door. When I started leaving it open again, the peeing stopped. Them my friend is staying with me for the time being, and Attila HATES having company, especially men. He clawed a hole through the cheap wall by the bath tub and I had to spend a whole morning scootching around under my apartment complex fishing him out. Once back inside safe and sound, the bathroom door closed. But now he cries at both the bathroom door AND the front door, reaches up and paws at the knobs. If I keep the house clean and the day is quiet, he goes in his litter box. If my friend is around all day (while I'm at work) Attila pees on his stuff. If my friend and I are both home and watching movies and having fun, Attila takes my clothes into the litter box and pees on them. If Attila is yowling and I shush him? God forbid I do that, because he marches right up to me, bats me with his paw and then stomps of to the nearest hardest-to-wash thing and squats while making eye contact the whole time.

I think most of it is that Attila really really hates being an indoor cat. For years he was indoor/outdoor, with a cat door and tons of safe area to roam and hunt and frolic. This area we live in now is unquestionably unsafe, and there's no way I can let him go out. He was having depression issues before when we moved, which involved a little bit of urination but mostly ripping his fur out. When Raider became part of the family, Attila became his old self again, and more! She's getting big though, and their rough housing gets pretty rough, and Attila still does have an injured leg. I think that plays a part in this too, because I know the cold has been bothering it.

In the past he has never hesitated to express his frustrations at me. He knows how to get to me! I had an SO living with me, Attila attacked them at night. At a different house I tried to make him indoor and he'd drag things around, yowl, attack my face or my little dog ALL NIGHT and sleep-deprived me for weeks before we ended up moving into a different house and for whatever reason he just liked it better. He's never liked closed doors or cupboards where he can reach, and opens them and walks away. Doesn't go in them, doesn't want the contents, just opens them and leaves. If one is closed or latched, he's always clawed at it meowing like crazy.

I'm still going to take him to the vet when I get a chance, but in the meantime I need to clean and re-organize my house so nothing can be used against me.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Star, Dec 20 4:07 pm

Behavior & Training > Peeing EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME, and for WHAT reason?? Heeellp...
Attila the- Hun

Mommy? Mommy!- MOMMY!!

Purred: Sat Dec 8, '12 5:38pm PST 
Eek okay I haven't set up a vet down here yet but I'll look into that ASAP. Thanks everyone.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Star, Dec 20 4:07 pm

Attila the- Hun

Mommy? Mommy!- MOMMY!!

Purred: Thu Dec 6, '12 7:51am PST 
...Wow he just went for it again and I yelled NO!! and he ran off, then jumped up on my bed and started to squat there. A lot of angry meowing but I got him off in time and now he's under it sulking. I'm at a loss and incredibly stressed out.
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Star, Dec 20 4:07 pm

Attila the- Hun

Mommy? Mommy!- MOMMY!!

Purred: Thu Dec 6, '12 7:48am PST 
Hey Catster! It's been a while. I really need some insight because I'm losing my mind. Attila, for the last couple weeks, has been peeing on EVERYTHING. While still using his litter box for poop, he has chosen to urinate on the dog's bed, any cloth items on the floor, my purses and bags... Heck one night i accidentally knocked my pillow off the bed and come morning it was saturated. He does it right in front of me too! Besides the obvious reasons that this is a problem, I am super allergic to cat pee and I feel like I'm dying.

So it was never really uncommon for him to vindictively urinate every huge once in a while as a way to express his dissatisfaction with me (ie- telling him NO and shooing him, when I made him just an in-door cat, when we've moved, often if a guy was over...). He is sensitive and shows it. But this is excessive and I can't find a reason. The only things that have changed recently are these:

-The weather (I wonder if the cold bothers his leg)

-Right around the same time Attila discovered he could pry open the little trap door to the plumbing in our bathtub, Raider found out she could destroy toilet paper, so I began closing the bathroom door which has bothered him. He will stand on his hind legs and paw at the door knob, and whenever I go in there he comes running to try to get in.

-New bag of food

-I was seeing someone (but that ended a week ago)

...yeah I can't really think of anything else. While I was typing this he came over and started to pee right next to me. I ran him to the litter box where he scratched, squatted, and was there for a while but then dashed off and I don't see much pee. He's gone back in there three times now which is weird, and when he leaves it he dashes out. I clean it often and just recently scrubbed it down, but I'm going to do it again today.

I will take him to the vet if the problem persists, but because 99% of the time he's acting normal, looks great, and is still pooping where he's supposed to, I'm trying to troubleshoot first.

Thanks!
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Star, Dec 20 4:07 pm

Behavior & Training > Nursing the teddy bear...

Raider- Shannon

I fight ninjas- no one else can- see

Purred: Fri Jul 20, '12 1:52pm PST 
Thank you kitties! She doesn't seem to do it too much so I won't worry about it.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Pieces, Jul 28 7:04 am

Cat Health > Hey Catster it's been a while...
Raider- Shannon

Purred: Fri Jul 20, '12 1:51pm PST 
Thank you Sam! I recently moved to Long Beach and am still researching and checking out vet clinics, so once I decide on one I'll be bringing her in!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Memphis, Jul 28 3:24 pm

Behavior & Training > Nursing the teddy bear...

Raider- Shannon

Purred: Thu Jul 19, '12 9:58am PST 
New kitten here. This little lady has been with us two weeks and I've noticed she nurses my teddy every time she sees it. Other than that habit she is totally out going and normal. But the teddy I have to keep hidden because she will knead and nurse it until I take it away.

The only time I've experienced this with a cat before was with a little four-day old abandoned kitten a few years ago, and as far as I know with his new family he still finds surfaces to nurse occasionally. Because I don't know the history of Raider earlier than two weeks ago, I'm not sure if this is a sign of her being taken from her mother too early or what. Should I stop her from doing this? Or should I just let her. Does anyone else's cats do this?
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Pieces, Jul 28 7:04 am

Raider- Shannon

Purred: Thu Jul 19, '12 9:50am PST 
Hi Catster! New kitten here. I was wondering a few things as it's been a while since I've had a kitten around...

When should I start vaccinations?

When is the HEALTHIEST time to get her spayed? (Emphasis on HEALTHY. She is indoors and I have heard various things about one or two heat cycles before soaying, or waiting until over a year old, etc... I/m not in a rush for the procedure as she isn't in any hazardous situation)

How young can I start flea treatment?

I'm not 100% on her age but she seemed to be about five weeks when I found her. So seven/eight weeks now.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Memphis, Jul 28 3:24 pm

Attila the- Hun

Mommy? Mommy!- MOMMY!!

Purred: Thu Jul 19, '12 9:45am PST 
I believe one of my last posts on here was about Attila pulling out his hair. Well it only got worse, and his whole coat became rather dull, and his behavior was rather foul and anti-social.

WELL THIS ALL CHANGED with an unintentional new addition to the family. I rescued a kitten on 4th of July from a hairy situation, but not with intent of keeping her. It's been a couple weeks and I have to announce that it's official; Raider Shannon is the newest addition to the Savage family. FROM DAY ONE of her presence in my house, Attila has done a 180 and is glowing and happy and social and full of vigor once again. He LOVES the new little girl, and has made it clear that she needs to stay with us.

I've just been so happy and wanted to share that my baby boy has his health back and is doing very well once again!
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Memphis, Jul 28 3:24 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > WELCOME TO THE SAVAGES :)
Raider- Shannon

Purred: Thu Jul 19, '12 9:36am PST 
I'd like to introduce my new rescue, RAIDER SHANNON! I found her tied up on a shoe lace outside of an Irish pub on Fourth of July. I spent an hour trying to find her abandoner before the police officer accompanying me said it would be safer for the kitten to be with me and gave me permission to untie her and take her home. She has been a delight as any kitten would, but most importantly she has brought my cat Attila out of his depression and he has been in such high spirits and much healthier since the new family member smile I'm so happy! I wasn't exactly ready for another pet, but her influence on my beloved Attila's happiness is unarguable and I will make it work.

Anyway I'm so happy about this I just wanted to share smile
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Raider Shannon, Jul 19 9:36 am

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.