Postings by Gizmo's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Rest in Peace, my Sweet Boy...
Rogue

Mrs Foodie

Purred: Tue Jan 1, '13 4:54am PST 
Hope this message finds you in ok spirits, im very sorry for your loss! Purrs, from Natasha, Batfink, Rogue, and Gizmo x
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Orange Ruffy, Jan 2 9:33 am

Cat Health > Do you collar your indoor cat?
Batfink

Purred: Sun Dec 23, '12 6:33am PST 
All three kitties, microchipped, collared (safety buckled) and ID barrel with name and address...just incase....
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Jan 25 1:46 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Celeste

Batfink

Purred: Sat Dec 15, '12 9:06am PST 
Im so sorry, that mustve been awful, we be extra careful xxx
Purrs xx
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Batfink, Dec 15 9:06 am

Behavior & Training > Does feliway work?

Gizmo

Purred: Fri Dec 14, '12 10:19am PST 
We have not had any urination problems here...thank gosh, but Feliway works very well, to help kitty relax , it works wonders with our three cats who were scratching the furniture a bit and bickering allt after our youngest cats arrival, we also use it when the house is busier or when we go away for a period of time.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Norman DB#93 2001-2013, Dec 17 4:42 pm

Behavior & Training > Agressive behavior in four mo old kitten

Gizmo

Purred: Sat Dec 8, '12 5:23am PST 
AWW! im so glad things are getting better, yeah they usually do mellow out gradually, thanks for getting back to us! love to all, from us
Natasha, Batfink, Gizmo and Roguey Puss !!dancingcheer
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by CK Angel Ryder Knowles, Dec 10 1:42 pm

Behavior & Training > I Saw Something Really Horrid Today
Gizmo

Purred: Fri Dec 7, '12 2:00am PST 
I honestly dont know what to say, apart from, well done for speaking up about it i know it mustve been hard for you!
What a large household you have, its going to be hard for everyone to get on i bet!
The Sad truth about this is that he thinks its acceptable to hit his cat like that, and hes clearly not educated enough to understand that it is wrong. Inflicting pain on animals is wrong, end of.
Apart from offering the cat a space with you in your room away from him and some love and attention i dont know what you could do?
I understand you are fearful and anxious , and i bet your screaming inside! Have you anyone you speak to that you could relay this to and perhaps they could say something else on your behalf?
I ended up with my kitten gizmo, because one of my friends had an unexpected litter of kittens and she neglected them to the point they were covered in fleas, not wormed and underweight, I said to her, i had a problem with the way she treated her cats, we fell out, two weeks later, i heard she had given away gizmos siblings , and she couldnt get rid of gizmo, she planned to give him to a shelter at eight weeks old. WELL, i marched over to her house , went in, picked gizmo up, told her i was disgusted and i was taking him home and then marched on home with a flea ridden little fluff ball.
Its sometimes easy to step in and change a situation, but its not always, and because you all have to live together its going to have to be diplomatic.
Try and get his kitty to trust you, offer some treats and a warm lap, and perhaps you ould be her refuge while your staying together....no words or confrontation required???
Hope you are okay?!

Natasha
Gizmo, Batfink, and Rogue xxx
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Gizmo, Dec 7 2:00 am

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > The Most adorable video...EVER????

Gizmo

Purred: Thu Nov 29, '12 3:38am PST 
Aww i cannot post it?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Gizmo, Nov 29 3:38 am

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > The Most adorable video...EVER????

Batfink

Purred: Thu Nov 29, '12 3:37am PST 

I honestly smiled from eat to ear when i saw this this morning. ENJOY!!!
Batfink, Gizmo and Roguey Puss x
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Gizmo, Nov 29 3:38 am

Behavior & Training > Breakthroughs and Bonding.....

Rogue

Mrs Foodie

Purred: Mon Nov 26, '12 6:30am PST 
So im not really here to ask a question...just haad to share!

A few years ago My partner and i adopted a very timid and unhappy elderly kitty.....Rogue. She was mistreated , overweight and her fur was matted and greasy.
The first day she arrived she hid away for the whole day, hissed at me, didnt eat and generally just acted like the most anti social kitty ive ever met. My partner was very worried, he talked about taking her back....we argued.... I won.

A week later, she walked into a room and sat down on the floor, Gave me an upwards nod and proceeded to groom herself!! Breakthrough number one!

As time moved on we were blessed with more and more little triumphs!
laugh out loud
3months into her new home, she surprised us by jumping onto the bed and falling asleep beside my feet.

6months into her stay she rubbed against my hand and then she sat beside me and watched me weed the garden.

Later that month she let me brush her still greasy fur and softly purred like a little motor bike... I cried! laugh out loud

As time moved on she grew more fond of me and began to let me clap her now soft fur without flinching, She jumped onto the couch for the first time about 8months after she came home. I cried again!!!1 A running theme!

Everyday Rogue learns to trust us all a bit more, she greets strangers in the house with headbutts,and body rubs, she grooms our two other kitties softly like a mumma cat and she follows my 2year old daughter around as if shes a guard dog.

She is very in tune to our emotions now, and sits by me when im stressed or tired, or watches me with kissy eyes from accross the room. 2 weeks ago she rolled over and let me rub her soft tummy!

Shes getting older now, and doesnt want to go outdoors into the garden anymore, in favour of a warm spot on the bed.

Rogue NEVER sits on my lap, she has only let me pick her up once...but i dont mind!

Today, i had to take the morning off work because of a more than severe headache, i curled up in a ball in the bedroom in the dark....I mustve been on the bed for the best part of two minutes before i heard Rogue push the door open...

She jumped on to the bed and sat next to me, A great and rare thing, i decided to chance my luck and put my arm around her bottom, up over her belly to her face, usually she will immediately stand up and flick her tail in annoyance...Today she nuzzled her face into my hand, i cried again.....i kept moving a bit closer to her slowly untill she let me lay my head on her belly and she purred very loudly licked my face and then fell asleep!!!!!

Today feels like a massive triumph and i feel trully releived and exhilirated that the work weve put into gaining her trust is paying off!

Its such a profound and rewarding experience to be loved by a cat who was wronged by someone in the past, it takes time and patience but BOYO is it WORTH IT!!!!

Needless to say, i fell asleep with her and woke up feeling tonnes better, although, i fell asleep just me and Rogue i woke up with Gizmo behind my legs and Batfink at my feet too...i felt a bit like they were using me as a hot water bottle but none the less happy!
Sorry for the long post but had to share!
Also would love to hear if anyone has had similar experience with a rescue Kitty

Purrs xx

cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kosuteh, Nov 26 12:25 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Cat pooping on bed
Batfink

Purred: Sun Nov 25, '12 11:59am PST 
Was reading this article on line earlier and this popped up Quote..

Faeces is also a scent-laden marker. Although common wisdom is that cats fastidiously bury their wastes, they may use faeces to mark territory - a behaviour known as middening. Middening cats deposit their faeces in a prominent spot (often on top of a tuft of grass or the middle of a path), often choosing the same place again and again to advertise their continued presence. Middens are usually located at disputed areas of territory where challenges are likely to occur. Sometimes this is indoors, the usual place being the bed. A cat which has been upset by an intruder or unusual event middens in the place which smells most strongly of its human family, reinforcing the family bond. Humans don't see it the same way.

Heres the link hope it helps....http://www.messybeast.com/cat_talk2.htm
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Beatrice (Miss You! '94-'12), Nov 25 6:50 pm

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.