Postings by Quagmire's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Cat Health > Kitty with rhino virus
Quagmire

Giggity giggity- goo!

Purred: Wed Jun 20, '12 10:33am PST 
So it appears Quagmire has caught the rhino virus, and the vet gave him some Lysine chews. Problem is, and as unbelievable as it sounds, he doesn't like treats.

How am I supposed to get him to eat these? I guess we can try to squish it and mix it in his food, but I have a feeling that might fail, seeing as he is very smart.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Cesar, Jun 20 2:05 pm

Raw Food Diet > Dehydrated Organs
Munchkin

Always up to- some kind of- mischief...

Purred: Thu May 24, '12 2:03pm PST 
If it's dehydrated, make sure your cats have access to fresh water at all times. The problem with dried foods is that cats don't get much water out of it and it can be hard on the kidneys. you probably already know this, but I'm just sayin'.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Munchkin, May 24 2:03 pm

Behavior & Training > Aggressive cat sibling

Munchkin

Purred: Thu May 17, '12 10:51am PST 
Thank you for your response. smile

What we think happened was a case of 'cabin fever'. They were accidentally locked in a room together (the wind blew and shut the door) and probably got stressed out.

Most of the growling I've heard happens when I try to trim Munchkin's claws, MOL!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Munchkin, May 17 10:51 am

Quagmire

Giggity giggity- goo!

Purred: Wed May 16, '12 1:40pm PST 
We trim their claws weekly. So that's it?

We're thinking of putting some Soft Paws on for Munchkin if it still happens.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Munchkin, May 17 10:51 am

Quagmire

Giggity giggity- goo!

Purred: Tue May 15, '12 5:38pm PST 
Hi!

We adopted Quagmire about 2 weeks ago, and the process of introducing him to our other cat, Munchkin, seemed to have gone well, or so we thought. Munchkin is territorial, but so are most cats. They seemed to be getting along, until we came back home tonight. Quagmire has a scratch under his right eye. I know that he and Munchkin play rough, but we thought that if they don't get hurt, then it was nothing to worry about. Munchkin will sometimes hiss, but it's nothing like when they first met, like the first 12 hours.

But now we're freaking out a little bit. Are we overreacting? He doesn't look traumatized, since he still runs around and plays with his cat sister, but we don't want him to get more hurt.

- A worried kitty mom & dad
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Munchkin, May 17 10:51 am

Behavior & Training > Water & sink obsession
Quagmire

Giggity giggity- goo!

Purred: Tue May 1, '12 8:03am PST 
Cats love running water. They don't like being bathed, but they're attracted to movement.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Kosuteh, May 24 11:44 am

Raw Food Diet > Whiskers

Quagmire

Giggity giggity- goo!

Purred: Tue May 1, '12 7:50am PST 
Whiskers are kind of like eyelashes, and hair in general... Sometimes it falls, but it'll grow back eventually shortly after.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Wilbur, Jun 6 1:15 pm

Raw Food Diet > Considering raw... are these brands good?

Quagmire

Giggity giggity- goo!

Purred: Tue May 1, '12 7:48am PST 
Our local pet store has Two Dogs Raw - don't let the name fool you! It's pretty awesome.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Quagmire, May 1 7:48 am

Raw Food Diet > Ideas for a VERY Picky Eater?

Munchkin

Purred: Tue May 1, '12 7:39am PST 
How much do you give your cat at once? I know that Munchkin gets a little too enthusiastic sometimes, especially with chicken heart and liver, so if we give her more than a table spoon of the mix at once, she will regurgitate it from eating too fast. The problem went away by giving her smaller portions at a time. Cats are meant to eat 8-10 small meals per day.

Other than that, I don't know... Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by BK, Jul 23 4:49 pm

Cat Health > How to educate parents about declawing
Munchkin

Purred: Mon Apr 30, '12 9:36pm PST 
Show them what declawing really is. I wanted to get my first cat declawed until I was shown what it really was. I was HORRIFIED. Some vets will claim their technique is safer and painless (lol), but don't be fooled. They're just trying to get your money. Tell them about the complications, like permanent limping, infection... If that's not enough for them, then, they're truly heartless.

Munchkin has never ever destroyed our furniture. Our vet strongly recommended against declawing since she has a tendency to bite, so it would only make it worse. Declawing is, IMO, a selfish procedure that only benefits the owner.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , May 5 4:02 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.