Postings by Duke's Family

GO!

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > New here!

Mulan

The Princess

Purred: Fri May 4, '12 8:35am PST 
Thank you for the info Aragorn. My human usually goes to the barn to ride after work, but maybe she'll be home in time to check out your chat room.

My humans already had horses, so if they hadn't, I probably would still be a barn cat. That was cool too cause my first human spade and neutered all of my brothers and sisters who live on the ranch, and my mama got good care. She still lives there, by the way, but she can't have anymore kitties.

Once my humans went to the CA Horse Expo to [maybe] buy a new horse trailer and came home with my step sister Blue (she's an Austrailian Shepherd)...humans are funny creatures.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Aug 28 3:09 pm

Mulan

The Princess

Purred: Wed May 2, '12 6:38pm PST 
Hi Tigger,

I do feel like the folks here really care about their pets...it's not just 'lip service'. I had to put down my 12 year old siamese mix a while back. Her name is Paladar. We buried her out at the barn in the back pasture. I decided she'd be happier out there in the open space around the horses. When I go riding I stop and visit her grave and we have a 'brief conversation' then I continue my ride. That may sound silly to some, but animal lovers know it isn't.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Aug 28 3:09 pm

Mulan

The Princess

Purred: Tue May 1, '12 6:02pm PST 
Hi Trigger. Hey I can create a web page and do all the 'techie' stuff, but to be honest, I've been rather afraid of social media. There are all kinds of crazies out there, but I feel comfortable here. I'd like to hear from other like minded cat folks out there.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Aug 28 3:09 pm

Cat Health > Kitten Diarrhea

Duke

Easter Surprise- (He was born on- Easter)

Purred: Tue May 1, '12 10:28am PST 
Baby Sister and I had the same problem when we were very little. It went on for weeks. My humans tried everything. Finally, the vet put us on W/D cat food (kibble). It is a prescription, and not cheap, but it fixed us right up. He said it was because our systems couldn't tolerate regular food. Now we eat regular food and get just a little W/D to supplement our diet to keep us '...right as rain...'

Stay away from wheat and corn gluten...that's nasty stuff...
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Pandemonium, May 4 8:27 pm

Duke

Purred: Tue May 1, '12 10:17am PST 
I too am new to Catster. Welcome to you Angus. My human is a horse person... Appaloosas and Quarter horses. She has lots of experience with cats, but she's new to this social media stuff. So, I have a couple of questions. The number of views means people who have visited my page? How do you invite other members to join my group Chausie Cat Afiicionados? I noticed some kitties have paws icons on their page...how does one get those?
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Aug 28 3:09 pm

Behavior & Training > Kicking Cat Litter Out of the Box
Baby Sister

Easter Surprise- (She was born on- Easter)

Purred: Tue May 1, '12 10:04am PST 
We have three litter boxes placed strategically around the house. Two are covered one isn't. The undercovered box seems to be our problem area. There's more litter strewn about there than the other two. The covered litter box im my bathroom has the least amount of mess. The extra large covered box has little litter kicked outside as well. So you tell me...who knows what goes on inside their little kitty minds.

I do have a problem with one of our Chausies...she stratches and stratches... forever. Here's the deal...not in the litter (she does cover up her business), but on the edge of the entrance door. Her behavior borders on obsessive/compulsive.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Baby Sister, May 1 10:04 am

Food & Nutrition > What are some things to avoid in cat food? As well as recommended brands.

Baby Sister

Easter Surprise- (She was born on- Easter)

Purred: Tue May 1, '12 9:51am PST 
Right on Merlin...wheat and corn gluten are death to animals...dogs, cats, and people...
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , May 2 2:39 pm

Food & Nutrition > A change in food = a bad idea

Duke

Purred: Tue May 1, '12 9:46am PST 
We've had some really bad issues with our Chausie kitties and diaherra when they were quite small. So much so we took them to our vet and he said because we rescued them before they were weened (a good samaritan found them after their mama was hit on the road; we adopted them)their systems had not developed enough to digest regular food. We put them on W/D which is a prescription diet, so it isn't cheap, but solved our problem (the kittens are now a year old).

Now we feed Wellness (and supplement W/D) cat food which is all protein...no cereal or gluten. It too isn't cheap, but we find we need to feed less of it because they get filled up on less. The kibble is very small and makes it easier to eat.

We try to stay away from canned food which seems to be too rich for their systems and also anything with cereal as the first ingredient. Definitely no wheat or corn gluten (our cats vomited constantly). No gluten, no problem.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Duke, May 1 9:46 am

Chausie > Where are the Chausie Folks?

Duke

Purred: Tue May 1, '12 8:50am PST 
My human saw the profile of the Chausie on Cats 101 this past Saturday and realized we were Chausies.
She was so amazed, as amatter of fact, she was prompted to create a page on Catster. You'll find me and the rest of my family.

My human wants to open a dialogue with fellow Chausie owners, but was decidedly disappointed to see the Chausie forum has had no activity for two years.

Surely there must be more Chausie folks out there. We'd like to hear from you. You can also join my group Chausie Cat Aficionados here on Catster.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Duke, May 1 8:50 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.