Postings by Wilbur's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

Other Meows & Purrs > The purrfect place to talk about cats!
Emily

Purred: Sun Sep 2, '12 10:11am PST 
Meows and Purrs (http://www.meowsandpurrs.com/forum) - a new cat message board one of my friends started with me - is now on the Internet! Our intent is not to make you all stop posting here, but it is bigger, easier to use, and cuter and has more features than a lot of cat message boards I have seen. So if you want to join any other cat message boards, which would not cause you to stop posting here, you can check out MAP next week. It will be opened for registrations when it is completed.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Emily, Sep 2 10:11 am

Behavior & Training > Service Cats
Wilbur

The white is for- sugar

Purred: Tue Aug 28, '12 10:07pm PST 
Why do you think the ADA no longer accepts cats as service animals, but there is no ban on using them in your state? Federal law trumps state law every day and the ADA makes no exceptions for its nationwide power.

I see no reason not to use cats as psychiatric assistants for people who need them or hearing ears for deaf people. Obviously, certain breeds must be used. But the same is true with dogs. I wish there was a program for cats to do it.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Wilbur, Aug 28 10:07 pm

Cat Health > Gum Disease

Wilbur

The white is for- sugar

Purred: Sat Aug 11, '12 9:28pm PST 
Cats should never eat kibble anyway, so being able to eat is not a problem.

Your cat probably will not want to eat - remember people don't eat after they have dental surgery - for several hours at least. That is OK, but you need to make sure your kitty eats at least one meal.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Wilbur, Aug 11 9:28 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Adding a cat to a new lease

Patricia

The Old Lady

Purred: Fri Aug 10, '12 7:33pm PST 
When Mom signed the first lease she told the landlords we have one cat, so they put "one cat" in the lease. I asked her if she can talk them into adding another cat in the 12-month renewal. Has anyone else done this and succeeded?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Daniel, Aug 30 4:47 pm

Behavior & Training > Drinking from Paw?

Emily

Purred: Tue Jun 19, '12 12:32pm PST 
So if I see an old cat playing with water I should worry about it? I hope not.

Back to the topic: Emily stopped drinking that way after she was declawed and purrmanently switched paws after her right leg was infected by an animal bite two years later. (In 1994, I did not know what declawing is. Her time outside was a window accident.) So I know cats will not do it when a paw hurts.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Scooter ~ Our Angel, Jun 19 1:13 pm

Emily

Purred: Mon Jun 18, '12 7:04pm PST 
Scooter, what does kidney disease have to do with playing with water? I had 2 cats euthanized for that reason and neither of them ever played with water as they quit drinking it.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Scooter ~ Our Angel, Jun 19 1:13 pm

Food & Nutrition > Best canned cat food

Wilbur

The white is for- sugar

Purred: Sun Jun 17, '12 5:23pm PST 
I know several good ones are out there. Is one better than the rest?
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Sammy, Jul 25 10:35 pm

Senior Cats > Senility

Patricia

The Old Lady

Purred: Sun Jun 17, '12 1:15pm PST 
BTW Patricia is doing good otherwise, not sick or injured at all.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Patricia, Jun 17 1:15 pm

Behavior & Training > Purrsonality change after move

Patricia

The Old Lady

Purred: Sun Jun 17, '12 12:35pm PST 
It was obvious she hated moving but I never thought that could translate into not liking the same chairs and canned food anymore or loving the tile floors.

I tried to talk Mom into adopting another cat but she said the lease does not allow it. cry
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Patricia, Jun 17 12:35 pm

Emily

Purred: Sun Jun 17, '12 11:09am PST 
Emily drank from her paw most of her life. I know some other cats do that too and it is called "being silly." There are two causes I know about:

1. She hates the taste of water.
2. She wants to make sure water is there.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Scooter ~ Our Angel, Jun 19 1:13 pm

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.