Postings by Bishu's Family

GO!

Raw Food Diet > Electric Vs. Manual Meat Grinders

Bishu

~Proud Princess~

Purred: Tue Mar 6, '12 1:31pm PST 
I've been researching into making raw food at home for my American Eskimo dog and two (recently rescued) cats. I've read through most of the sites recommended on this forum, as well as some others, but I don't see a lot of focus on meat grinders and what type someone new to raw should buy.

Most of the sites mention expensive 150 dollar and up electric grinders, rather than the old fashioned hand crank versions. Is there a reason for this aside from the ease of use? Do the manual meat grinders not handle bone as well as the electric ones do? I'd be very interested in hearing from people with experience with both types.

Aside to the obvious (it being much more expensive) - are there any other cons I should know about when purchasing an electric model? What are the pros to electric as opposed to manual? Thanks so much to any and all who answer - I like to do thorough research before jumping into something, especially when my babies are involved. =)
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Smudge, Apr 5 5:40 am

Other Meows & Purrs > Catster moms age group
Blue

I have a lot to- say!~

Purred: Sun Mar 4, '12 7:37pm PST 
Bishu and I have a 29 year old mommy and a 28 year old daddy (though he will be 29 later this month). So our 'rents are in group D, heading for group E.
[notify]

» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Maus: DB #53!, Nov 7 8:29 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Cat collars?

Bishu

~Proud Princess~

Purred: Fri Mar 2, '12 1:50pm PST 
We had a classic collar on our female, but once we introduced our male to the home we were too afraid of it getting snagged during playtime. I've heard conflicting things about the breakaway collars so I haven't invested in any yet.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tutu, Apr 20 7:12 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Lets talk about "CAT Rooms"

Bishu

~Proud Princess~

Purred: Fri Mar 2, '12 1:48pm PST 
My parents really love making cat toys and trees for Blue and I to play on. A few of the cool ideas they've come up with for a cat room would be kitty cubby holes for us to hide in, attached to the walls. Something similar to this:

http://www.amazon.com/Comfort-Pet-Products-Kitty-Cubbyhole/ dp/B000Y1AAUA

Only made from wood, instead of fabric. They're not certain on how they're going to go about attaching them to the walls, but they definitely want to incorporate something like this into a cat room.

Another cool idea my mom found online was for cat ladders. I love to climb, as does my adopted brother, so mom thinks a cat ladder would be great fun for me. Here's a cool link mom found:

http://www.instructables.com/id/kitty-ladder/
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Hobert von Kingston III, Apr 15 12:53 pm

Japanese Bobtail > Come hither ye bobtails

Bishu

~Proud Princess~

Purred: Fri Mar 2, '12 1:41pm PST 
I'm Bishu from Appleton, Wisconsin.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bishu, Mar 2 1:41 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.