Postings by Rossi Girl's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Food & Nutrition > New Nature's Variety Instinct canned variety
Rossi Girl

spazzy kitten <3

Purred: Sun Jan 6, '13 4:40pm PST 
I haven't seen that variety yet, I wonder when it will make it's way to Canada. I just recently found & picked up a few of their venison & duck varieties..Rossi loves the lamb & rabbit formulas! However I had heard that their rabbit is sourced in China, does anyone have any info confirming this?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Brownie, Jan 11 6:04 am

Food & Nutrition > Problem with PetFoodDirect
Rossi Girl

spazzy kitten <3

Purred: Sun Jan 6, '13 4:35pm PST 
I haven't ordered from Pet food direct, but have noticed some consistency changes with Wellness cans. Rossi was eating the their sliced/chunked chicken & turkey flavors for the longest time but started refusing to eat it.Then I got a few cans that just looked & smelled a little 'off'. I ended up returning them & contacting the company, with very little feedback from Wellness. I switched her to their pate formulas & I found they are hit and miss. Some are little firmer & not quite as moist as other batches/lot numbers. For the most part I now feed Instinct cans, but it is interesting to see that other people have had some issues with Wellness...
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Romeo, Jan 7 4:39 pm

Raw Food Diet > Newbie interested in starting raw..questions!

Rossi Girl

spazzy kitten <3

Purred: Sat Nov 10, '12 3:42pm PST 
A little update..I've been playing around for the last week trying different protein sources with Ross...she likes ground turkey, & I bought & hacked up a cornish hen for her..she absolutely loved it! By the second meal of hen she was even tearing the meat off the bone! Tried her with a chicken wing tonight-she ate it but wasn't overly thrilled..she refuses to touch chicken breast & WILL NOT go near liver or gizzards..I bought a giant duck leg for her to try later on this weekend. Any suggestions on how I can try to balance out her meals a little better? Evn when I try to sneak a bit of organ into her turkey she won't eat it..I would order some pre-made raw for her but it is pricey to buy/ship & she doesn't like the Instinct raw..so I'm hesitant to go ahead & order it..

Rundown of a typical days meals..around 6am she gets just under an oz of ground turkey. When I leave for work a few hours later I leave out a 3 oz can of Wellness. WhenI get home around six I give her more raw, usually either a leg/wing/another attempt at organs. Then before bed she gets another can of wet food. I feel like I am under feeding her as she always acts starving, though I suspect she is also so enthralled with the whole idea of having to 'work' for her food that she wants it all the time lol. I have a feeling I may end up going more raw then canned..I just need to figure out how to sneak those organs in!!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Amber, Dec 1 10:39 am

Rossi Girl

spazzy kitten <3

Purred: Fri Nov 2, '12 9:03am PST 
Hi there BK..My thoughts are with everyone who has been affected by Sandy! Hope all is well where you are.
Thank you for the link..I will check it out for sure. I have been feeding Rossi her canned in the morning & trying bits of raw at dinner time when I know she is hungry & more willing to try new foods. She gets another bit of canned before bed as well. I was given some fresh ground turkey that she loved & gobbled up right away (roughly an oz of it)She wanted nothing to do with chicken gizzards, liver or small chunks of chicken breast or beef thus far. My biggest fear is her not getting enough taurine (esp while she is getting used to eating things like hearts) so I did pick up some powdered taurine in case I have to suppliment with it..do you think it is necessary? If so how much would you advise giving? I don't want to do ground forever, I am aiming for 'franken-prey' LOL maybe trying something like cornish hen cut into bits she might like? Hopefully not too rich...Thanks a bunch & stay safe!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Amber, Dec 1 10:39 am

Rossi Girl

spazzy kitten <3

Purred: Tue Oct 30, '12 6:13am PST 
Hi there!I apologize in advance for the long post & so many questions, but you catsters are my go-to when it comes to kitty advice smile

Although I myself have been a vegetarian my whole life, I am a firm believer that dogs & cats are meant to eat a meat based, grain-free diet. I have done alot of research on raw feeding,but with all the different opinions out there, my head is spinning & I'm almost more confused then I was before! My main concern is balancing out the meat/bone/organ ratio, I am terrified that I will mess it up & make Rossi sick..then there is the whole grind/don't grind debate...
Right now Rossi is on a 90%canned diet (usually Wellness cubed chicken or turkey is the only kind she will eat) with an 1/8 cup of grain free GO!kibble- I am working on weaning her off of the kibble entirely.For treats she gets freeze dried chicken breast, dehydrated beef strips, freeze dried egg bits (on occasion) as well as a few of the Pet Naturals of Vermont treats-usually the hip & joint ones.

I don't know that I could jump entirely into raw, at least not at first, but I'm wondering (providing miss picky pants will eat it) is maybe doing one or two meals a week of raw. I like the idea of chunks that make her work her jaw and clean her teeth, instead of ground..although ground would make it easier on squeamish me!

How would you suggest starting this? Wht type of meat should I try first? In what amount should I give? What size chunks? I have read that cornish game hen or quail is a good newbie meal...Thank you in advance!
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Amber, Dec 1 10:39 am

Behavior & Training > Puzzle Toys for cats...need ideas!
Rossi Girl

spazzy kitten <3

Purred: Tue Jul 31, '12 3:53pm PST 
Miss Rossi girl is too darn smart for her own good. She has now figured out all my dog's Nina Ottosen puzzle toys...even the expert level ones! I fill the puzzles with her favorite treats every morning before I go to work, to keep her busy & give her some sort of mental stimulation during the day, but she can figure them out fairly quickly...I'm hoping someone here has some other good ideas to help keep my little monster occupied?!smile
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Batfink, Aug 1 4:44 am

Behavior & Training > INCREDIBLE TRICK CAT!!!

Rossi Girl

spazzy kitten <3

Purred: Tue Jul 31, '12 3:38pm PST 
Awesome video! Love the leg weaves & light switch trick! I just started working with my little girl & she is catching on very quickly. Clicker training is the best way to go
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Rossi Girl, Jul 31 3:38 pm

Cat Health > Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy & spaying

Rossi Girl

spazzy kitten <3

Purred: Wed Mar 7, '12 9:33am PST 
MOL Tig...she certainly did let them know that she was not a happy girl! We ended up having to go back to the vets again this morning for some antibiotics...her incision was looking a little red and swollen..hopefully we have no more issues and it heals properly now!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tigger, Mar 7 1:09 pm

Cat Health > Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy & spaying

Rossi Girl

spazzy kitten <3

Purred: Mon Mar 5, '12 1:07pm PST 
Just wanted to post an update. Rossi went in for her spay march 2nd and thankfully everything went well and she came out of it with no issues..other than trying to kill all the vet staff confused poor little miss cone head spent the next two days sulking in her crate but is now starting to act like her normal self. Thank you for all support and well wishes!! cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Mar 7 1:09 pm

Food & Nutrition > Best food for kitten with HCM?
Rossi Girl

spazzy kitten <3

Purred: Wed Feb 29, '12 11:26am PST 
Just called Petcurean...I was actually pretty impressed..I called the toll free line & got a nutritionist on the phone within minutes. She told me that the sodium content in the NOW! kitten is 0.35%...off to do some research!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Rossi Girl, Feb 29 11:26 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.