Postings by bed Snatchers's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

Raw Food Diet > with the forum closing- post saving?
bed- Snatchers

we steal bed- space.

Purred: Wed Feb 5, '14 2:06pm PST 
i just saw that the community section of catster is to be closed- silly if you ask me!- meaning all of the great info about raw feeding will be lost.
which saddens me as one: i enjoy reading everyone comments, and second, whenever i had someone interested in raw feeding i simply send them to this incredible forum.

i am wondering if there is any plans on saving much of the info. and if anyone has any plans for a substitute group someplace else? i would suggest facebook but i know not everyone as a profile there.

it be a shame to loss all the knowledge and information this group has. i mean i would never have known and trusted to buy my fur babies food from hare-today if it wasn't for this group (we are almost a year in into purchasing from them and, knock on wood, never had any issues!).
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Macy, Feb 8 7:16 am

Raw Food Diet > cats always hungry
bed- Snatchers

we steal bed- space.

Purred: Sun Jun 16, '13 2:34pm PST 
I am experiencing an unusual food related behavior problem. at least it is weird that i never had these problems until recently
my two youngest cats(now two) seem to always be hungry. neither of them looks underfed, they do have different body types the male is more lean and long so it appears that is underfed while the female is more chubby looking and definitely looks well fed!.
they each (all 5 cats) receive a total of 4 oz portion per day (cut into two meals so 2 oz per meal)

the first problem is with my youngest: she eats her meat very quickly as if someone will steal it from her, and than goes on to try and (successfully i may say) steal one of the other cats meat, unlike her the rest of my kitties eat slow, she also will not think twice and come back for a second try.
this means i actively stay with them while they eat to prevent this from happening- not very successfully.
I am at a lost end on this part, i don't want to give her extra meat because than i risk her gaining weight (and i already had to deal with one overweight cats in the past- my oldest- who lost some of it thanks to raw meat i have no desire to have to battle it again. but i am also exhausted having to play referee during feeding time.
it is all very confusing.

they eat raw meat from hare-today, as said twice a day. it is expensive enough as it is with having 5 cats, but as it is convenient and ensure bigger meat variety- which i think they appreciate- i buy it. but it is hard enough as it is.

is it possible that i am underfeeding them(her)? they all weight between 12-16.5 Ib. normal weight. my three oldest don't show any issues with the amount they receive, the youngest male has a tendency to try and get to any food he can (he is a plate stealer).

honestly i am at lost, should i increase the youngsters amount? try something else?
I am wondering if maybe it has something to do with the way they are fed, they eat on plastic feeding mats. so i am wondering if maybe changing the feeding to large bowls will be more useful?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Shade, Jun 26 1:04 pm

Behavior & Training > lease walking

bed- Snatchers

we steal bed- space.

Purred: Tue Apr 30, '13 2:59pm PST 
has anyone tried it?
two of my cats (ages 5 and 2) seem to really interested in going outside..
both have already managed to escape the apartment in the past.

the area we live in is pretty busy cars wise area- but it is usually more busy in the regular rush hour times, and there are alot of dogs but i have never seen any not on a lease, i have seen cats walk around alone and they all had collars on, in addition there is a small fairly secluded, garden a few minutes walk from my apartment.

do those sound like good conditions to take a cat out?
i feel as if they are very bored at home, i am a full time student so i don't have the option of giving as much attention as in the past, plus we live in a pretty small apartment and they share it with 3 other cats (total of 5) so it is hard to keep them all happily active.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by bed Snatchers, Apr 30 2:59 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Have Anyone Used the Hoover Windtunnel?

bed- Snatchers

we steal bed- space.

Purred: Sun Apr 21, '13 11:14am PST 
if you are paying extra than you are better getting a Dyson, they have many models including animal ones.
i purchased my DC 17 animal as a second hand on Ebay for a little over 200$ last year (seller also added some extras attachments). prior to that while still living at my mom's she uses the DC04, bought in 2001 and 12 years later still works like a beast, i think we only had to replace one part in 12 years.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by bed Snatchers, Apr 21 11:14 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Fur everywhere

bed- Snatchers

we steal bed- space.

Purred: Sun Apr 21, '13 11:01am PST 
buy a Furminator.
i have been an avid fan of it for years now, pretty much since they first came out! it is the best pet brush out there, trust me.
this is a video i made of my cat a couple years ago, at that point i was already using it for a couple of years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL42ImtcLGU
you can't hear but she's purring like crazy.

for cats they have one small one medium, they also have two option one short or long hair. you can get it for under 20$ at on amazon (on their official website it cost about 40$).
they also have models for dogs, if he is super big a medium dog one may work too.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by bed Snatchers, Apr 21 11:01 am

Cats and a Clean Home > I need litter help!
bed- Snatchers

we steal bed- space.

Purred: Sun Apr 21, '13 10:50am PST 
Dr. Elsey's by far the best.
not sure if it fits for you, but i use it with 5 cats and it is truly an amazing litter. clumps well, no smell. takes me a month to finish a bag and half of a 40# bag.
[notify]

» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Behr, Nov 30 8:09 am

Raw Food Diet > would you ever consider going back

bed- Snatchers

we steal bed- space.

Purred: Sun Apr 21, '13 10:46am PST 
oh i have, but i guess fedex guy doesn't know his doors, cause he left it for the second time in a row with my neighbors, i will make sure to leave a comment for next time and empathizes which door to leave it at (i live at a duplex and my there are four doors confused
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by bed Snatchers, Apr 21 10:46 am

bed- Snatchers

we steal bed- space.

Purred: Wed Apr 10, '13 10:01pm PST 
Thank you everyone!

BK I have ordered a large box from hare-today about three weeks ago, and even though it came a day late (cause i wasn't home to receive it the first time) the food was still solid frozen!
amazing. the kids have been eating it and loving it smile

I will be ordering from them again once we start running out (next week is probably going to be the time).
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by bed Snatchers, Apr 21 10:46 am

bed- Snatchers

we steal bed- space.

Purred: Mon Feb 25, '13 4:47pm PST 
about hare today. have you ever looked into their meat suppliers? i mean i can't imagine they grow all the animals themselves?
did you ever had any issues with ordering from them during the summer?
i mean in terms of meat not being frozen enough?

I am slightly worried, it is still a couple of days of shipping... thinking
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by bed Snatchers, Apr 21 10:46 am

bed- Snatchers

we steal bed- space.

Purred: Fri Feb 22, '13 1:46pm PST 
to dry kibble?

a small recap: i am a college student who doesn't have alot of money, I have 5 cats, i also live on my own and pay my own bills.

in the last year i have been feeding my cats raw diet and it's all great, they truly have never been better (except my oldest who's gums and teeth problems have returned and will need to have some of them removed)

for the past two months they have been eating nature variety raw because due to school i have had little time or energy to be able to cut they meat.
nature variety is very expensive!

and i was just wondering.. will you ever consider putting your kitties back on the dry kibble diet (giving them of course only the highest quality of dry there is)?

i have been pondering this for several weeks now.
has anyone ever ordered from hare today? and had it shipped to different location in the country? - we live in RI.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by bed Snatchers, Apr 21 10:46 am

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.