Postings by Hazel Basil 's Family

GO!

Grooming > Cat Dandruff

Farrah Jaqua

Innocent and- wise all at the- same time

Purred: Sun Jan 22, '12 12:40am PST 
Hey there Zoey girl! Mom just bought some fish oil last week. She got a whole gallon so we don't have to order more for a long time! We got Alaskan Salmon oil type. We are very finicky little kitties so I hope we like it! She also got us high quality wet and dry food. She will be trying to have us eat more wet food than dry. Thanks for the wonderful suggestions! Mom had learned so much from Catster!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Sep 3 12:06 am

Grooming > Cat Dandruff
Farrah Jaqua

Purred: Fri Jan 20, '12 10:06am PST 
Thank you all for your wonderful responses! I am switching her over to very good quality wet food. She will be eating Natural Balance wet food with some dry food here and there. Her dander has actually improved a lot since I first posted this question. It make have been her past owners fault. It was a small and very warm apartment and now she has a big nicely tempertured house. She loves to drink water which is great! Also she gets to spend about an hour total outside on the balcony so maybe the fresh air is doing her some good too. We are very excited to get the new food in the mail very soon. We live overseas so we have to order most cat products online. Thanks again and have a wonderful weekend!kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Sep 3 12:06 am

Grooming > Cat Dandruff

Farrah Jaqua

Purred: Mon Jan 16, '12 10:21am PST 
I just adopted a six year old American shorthair. She's beautiful and very loving and we couldn't be happier with our new little girl but she has a big dandruff problem. She is not over or under weight. The two year old we have that looks just like her does not have this issue at all. My husband and I are looking for solutions for her dandruff problem. Is there anything we can do or any products people have used with success. We are currently in the process of ordering better food for them. We are getting nature balance wet and dry food in hopes to give them a healthier diet/life. We currently live in Germany and it is the winter months so I'm thinking the dandruff might be because if the cold. She has 24/7 access to water and we brush her often. Thanks for the help! Meow!kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Sep 3 12:06 am

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Home made cat food!!! Beginner! Help!

Hazel Basil

The most polite- cat in Germany

Purred: Sun Jan 8, '12 10:53pm PST 
Hello!!! I have done a lot of reading/research on making my own cat food. I am a bit nervous because I don't want my cats to miss out of any nutrition they might need and I've never done it before so I am a bit lost. First there is the decision between raw and cooked food. I am a but nervous to do the whole raw thing since there might be bacterias or other harmful things in uncooked food so I get nervous about that. What is the better option and why? Cooked or raw? Can I do both? Is there a good cook book for cat food out there for cats? I've only come across one website advertising a cook book but I would like to have options if they're out there. The next issue is I have an almost three year old cat and an almost 7 year old cat. Are the too old to start them on homemade food? Is it something you have to start them on as kittens or can they get used to it as adult cats? I know it upsets there systems when you switch food so I am afraid if I switch over to homemade food it will do a number on their kitty tummies. Also my cats have been strictly dry food kitties with a once a week wet can of food as a snack which neither of them seem too excited about but eat I think just to make me happy lol! Are any cat foods made at home hardened so it emulates the dry store bought food? I really want to make my own cat food but I am so nervous about it ! Thanks and have a great week!kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by BK, Apr 3 7:32 am

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Homemade relaxation sprays?

Hazel Basil

Purred: Tue Jan 3, '12 10:44pm PST 
I have been told by many Catsters that using cat relaxation sprays will be very beneficial when introducing a new cat to my resident cat next week. The only problem is I live overseas so my options are limited. Does anyone have a recipe of some sort to make a homemade spray? I don't even know if a homemade spray even exists but I thought I would give it a try! Oh my soon to be new cats name is Farrah and she is 6 years old! We're so excited to bring in another angel!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Finnegan (Finney), Jan 7 3:39 pm

Behavior & Training > Introducing an older cat to a younger cat
Hazel Basil

Purred: Mon Jan 2, '12 5:33pm PST 
I have read tons of websites and blogs about introducing a new cat to a home that already has a cat but most seem to center around bringing home a kitten. I am hopefully bringing home a cat that is 6 years old and my current cat is 2 years old. Is the introduction process any different when the new cat is older than the resident cat?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Emily, Jan 3 5:41 am

Behavior & Training > Thinking about another Cat

Hazel Basil

Purred: Mon Jan 2, '12 5:22pm PST 
Oh what a terrible story about those poor dogs! The person that is possibly giving her to me is very torn up about it. She waited a long time and has put a lot effort into finding a good home for her. I think she is trying to rescue a dog and she has seen Farrah's reaction to dogs and it would just be awful for. She would be so stressed all the time and her owner just wants to have a calm life. So there really isn't any bad in the situation because she's rescuing a dog and I'm helping by taking her cat. The circle of rescue I suppose! I am so excite to take in this little kitty! She looks just like my Hazel!!! They're twins! Well four years apart twins...once I get her I will add her to the Catster family! Thanks so much for the advise!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kisu , Jan 3 12:45 pm

Behavior & Training > Thinking about another Cat

Hazel Basil

Purred: Mon Jan 2, '12 4:05am PST 
My beautiful cat Hazel seems very lonley as of late. When we adopted her she had a buddy which was her previous owners mother's cat so we couldn't adopt her too and I think Hazel misses her buddy. All of the pictures her pervious owner sent to us had her cuddles up with another cat and even a dog so we know she is used to other animals around. I'm a stay at home cat mommy so she always has someone around to love her but I kind of feel like I'm not enough for her since ya know....I'm not a cat. So my question is all the books and blogs are saying to brIng home a younger or smaller cat however, all the classifieds are showing are about 2-3 year old cats and I would hate to pass up a puurfect little angel just because they aren't kittens or below a year. Had anyone brought home an older cat to their younger cat? My Hazel is a little over a year and a half and is very tame and nice to both me and my husband. I would hate to change that with another cat but I also hate that she doesn't have a companion. Thanks and I hope you are all having a catastic new year!!!party
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Kisu , Jan 3 12:45 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.