Postings by Toast's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

Behavior & Training > Chewing Cords is Getting Expensive... and the other family members aren't happy!
Tinkerbell

I love my cat- cone because I'm- weird!

Purred: Fri Nov 15, '13 1:53pm PST 
Hi Catster!!

[edit: I guess my post got deleted... so this will be brief]

Tink is costing my boyfriend and I hundreds of dollars in cords, and as of today she is chewing thick cords too (she use to only be attracted to iPhone chargers and headphones. She is young so it could be teething but I have given her teething toys and materials, lots of fun toys for when we are gone and she has a buddy (Toast) who is also a young cat. I even tried the bitter apple spray, but maybe I'm not applying it right? (I soak a towel and rub it along the cord).

What can I do? She is going to get electrocuted one day or chew through something that can't be fixed (the WiiU is already garbage because of this)...
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Clio, Nov 20 6:45 pm

Cat Health > Help!! Kitty seems to be having a bathroom problem.
Toast

Watch out for- evil kitty ears!

Purred: Mon Sep 9, '13 8:22am PST 
Since about 2 weeks after we got Tink the kitten Toast appears to be pooping excessively, wet unformed stools sometimes with a tiny bit of blood. He is 2 years old and seems happy with the new addition - they never fight and play a lot. I'm having to clean the litter box like crazy... I was away for 2 days and Toast pooped all over the floor because the box filled up so fast and while I dumped it he went AGAIN when there was already a few fresh piles. He doesnt seem to be losing weight and I am tight on money as Tink is getting her shots on Friday but I think I might need to bring him in. I'm buying more litter boxes tonight to see if that is the problem. Any idea as to if this is normal or stress???
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Smithwick, Sep 9 2:17 pm

Cat Health > Kitten Sniffles - When to see a Vet

Tinkerbell

Purred: Tue Aug 20, '13 7:46pm PST 
You think so?! The Vet didn't say anything so I wasn't concerned... apparently she was born inside, fostered from birth and vaccinated so I'd be very surprised (and upset). frown I sure hope not!

Good news is she is much better today, a lot less sneezing and sniffling and much more active. I'll keep hoping!!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Norman DB#93 2001-2013, Aug 20 7:52 pm

Tinkerbell

Purred: Mon Aug 19, '13 2:32pm PST 
So they think it's a cold possibly turning into Upper Resp, but they put her on immune system boosters for now as she is active and eating and has no discharge. Fingers crossed!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Norman DB#93 2001-2013, Aug 20 7:52 pm

Tinkerbell

Purred: Sun Aug 18, '13 9:11pm PST 
She is eating great and very active but I worry about her getting so bad she can't breathe so I'm gonna take her for sure. Should my older cat get checked too? No symptoms thus far...
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Norman DB#93 2001-2013, Aug 20 7:52 pm

Tinkerbell

Purred: Sun Aug 18, '13 6:00pm PST 
So my newest addition Tink is having some sniffling issues. I got her Friday and she sounded a bit weird sniffing the furniture but now 2 days later she is constantly sniffing, sneezing and sounds very mucus-y. She is 12 weeks old and of course I have Toast who is a year and a half, but he isn't showing any symptoms yet. Is it vet time or is it just a little cold that will pass over?
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Norman DB#93 2001-2013, Aug 20 7:52 pm

Kitten Corner > New Kitten vs. 1.5 Year Old Cat

Toast

Purred: Fri Aug 16, '13 6:04am PST 
Hi Catster!

So Toasty was feeling very lonely since I moved out on my own with Boyfriend, and is home alone a LOT more than he is use to. After a month of sad meows we decided to get him a little sister. He is very gentle and mellow but loves to play and constantly wants attention. smile

Today is day 2 so maybe it is too early but they seem to be getting along. She adores him and keeps giving him kisses on the nose but he won't actually touch her just yet, he just follows her and they run around together.

However, he will NOT let me touch or pet him. This is a cat that demanded to be picked up and cuddled constantly and never pulls away, but I can't even touch him. Will this get better?? Is he mad? Kitten does try to cuddle me all the time but I push her away and go to pet Toast first, but he is still uncool with it.

What to do?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by BK, Aug 19 5:01 am

Cat Health > Claw split to root

Toast

Purred: Wed Jul 24, '13 4:20am PST 
Good news! I looked at Toast's claws this morning and they all look totally normal... not sure what I saw before, maybe a husk shedding in a very weird way? He can be squirmy. Anyways, here's to hoping the vet will let me cancel... I had to make an appointment as today is my only day off but either way I'm not going to stress him out and bring him in for new reason so soon after moving.

Thanks for the advice all!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Aug 9 9:05 pm

Toast

Purred: Tue Jul 23, '13 5:00pm PST 
Also there are pieces hanging that I was afraid to cut off fully so if he wont let me I may go to the vet just for that... Dont want a painful tear!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Aug 9 9:05 pm

Toast

Purred: Tue Jul 23, '13 4:58pm PST 
I had called the vet already and asked their opinion, they had made an appointment tomorrow but it is late in the day so maybe I will see how he is tonight. He did cry a lot last night and didnt want to be touched... I assumed it was moving to a new house but it does worry me that the claw has nothing coming out of its 'sheath' so I may just play it safe. Its been 24 hours since I noticed it so if it jas an improvement I will leave it. smile thanks guys! Will keep you informed, was definitely a shock! Poor thing, there is no solid claw left!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Aug 9 9:05 pm

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.