Postings by Daphne's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 54: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Catster Railroad > Kitty needs a ride from Fultonville NY to Baldwinsville NY
Daphne

Mommy's Daffodil

Purred: Wed Aug 31, '11 5:37am PST 
Someone dumped a kitty by our house AGAIN! Mom found him a home but it is 2 hours away. Can anyone help? We need to re-home him soon because he is killing our beautiful wild birds.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sep 1 5:57 pm

Get Well Soon > Athena needs our Purrs and Prayers
Daphne

Mommy's Daffodil

Purred: Sun Oct 3, '10 9:41am PST 
We're purring and praying really hard for Athena to get better too. Her poor mom must be so worried about her.
[notify]

» There has since been 103 posts. Last posting by ♥Kally Kat♥, Oct 19 5:11 pm

Cat Health > Incontinence after PU Surgery

Daphne

Mommy's Daffodil

Purred: Wed Mar 18, '09 10:52am PST 
Does anyone have any experience with Perineal Urethroustomy surgery? My mom's kitty rescue friend had to have this surgery for one of her kitties as a last resort and he's now incontinent after the surgery. All research indicates it could be temporary; does anyone have first hand knowledge? We're very worried about him.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Frodo, Mar 18 3:27 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Selket Goes Beyond

Daphne

Mommy's Daffodil

Purred: Wed Mar 18, '09 10:44am PST 
We're sending many purrs and prayers to Selket and her family.
[notify]

» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by Sasha, Mar 27 8:27 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Farewell Scooter (Scootie Patootie)

Daphne

Mommy's Daffodil

Purred: Fri Feb 6, '09 5:18pm PST 
Oh dear Scooter, we just saw this and can't say how sorry we are to hear of your passing to the Bridge. My mom is devastated and knows how your mom feels. Please know that you are and always be loved by all of us and the whole Catster community. Purrs and love always, Daphne and mom
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Aragorn (In Memory), Feb 11 6:09 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > I'm Famous now!
Daphne

Mommy's Daffodil

Purred: Fri Jan 2, '09 1:09pm PST 
I'm pet of the month on NYC's WPLJ radio station!

www.plj.com/pets
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Felix - In Loving Memory, Jan 13 8:04 am

Other Meows & Purrs > Where to send Cat Food Coupons?

Daphne

Mommy's Daffodil

Purred: Sat Dec 27, '08 5:27am PST 
A while back, my mom received an address of a lady, somewhere in the southern US, to mail cat food coupons to. She was so nice and even sent her a thank you card. Well, silly mom lost her address and we have a bunch more to send to her. She got the lady's address from a catster friend but that friend doesn't have it anymore either. We're hoping maybe someone will know who this lady is?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Daphne, Dec 27 5:27 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Last Option

Nelson - I NEED A- HOME!

Purred: Thu Oct 2, '08 4:58pm PST 
Well, gee, let's just put every aggressive cat to sleep.....that should help the population explosion. I'm sorry but I'm seeing red; my mom is dealing with a problem here with such serious aggression that she got bitten last night but would never, ever dream of putting down a healthy cat that is not suffering in physical pain. Maybe you can live in another room in the house, away from the others? That's what I may end up having to do but with lots of love and attention from my mom, I'll be OK
[notify]

» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Oct 16 10:07 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > We're Desperate - Nelson Needs a Home Quickly

Nelson - I NEED A- HOME!

Purred: Wed Oct 1, '08 5:34pm PST 
I would prefer him to be an indoor only kitty but if this is not possible; we can make it work.

My 4 cats, Daphne, Candy, Charlotte and Alexis have led very sheltered lives and are treated as human royalty. I have 37 acres of property; almost a mile from the road. About 2 years ago, I found Nelson on my property. I fed him for several days while trying to find his owner. He was very social and starving. I brought him to the vet for testing and neutering and found he tested negative for FeLV and FIV; he had also been previously neutered. I suspect he was a drop off. outdoor. My brother in law, who lived on my property, took him in but has since moved on and I was trying to keep Nelson as my own. He loves being outdoors but at night and in the cold weather, he wants to be cozy and warm indoors. This is the point where I reached out to several sanctuaries in my area; I cannot allow a cat to live outdoors in the brutal upstate NY winters as they had advised me to do and keep him here where he belongs; they didn't understand that he needs human contact and to be indoors when the weather is bad. I was advised by all of them to allow him to live here; yes, he is the king of the castle here and is usually found sunning himself on top of the wood pile but an igloo in the winter seems rather harsh when he's used to being indoors in cold weather, cuddled up with a human as he loves to do. He tries to get indoors at the slightest rain drop. He's pretty young, 3 years at the oldest. Since my brother in law left and I wasn't able to receive any takers from any sanctuaries, I had no choice but to try to bring him into my house and acclimate him with my girls. He has been indoor/outdoor from my own home for 3 weeks now and it is not going well at all. I have been keeping him in my guest room during the night and come morning, he is let out to enjoy his hunting. He comes home in the evening to eat and spend the night. Gradually, I started introducing my cats to him. Daphne has accepted him to the point of sniffing, then ignoring. Unfortunately, after 3 weeks, the other 3 are vicious and menacing to him. They are familiar with his scent now; when I let him go outside, I allow them to to visit the guest room where he sleeps and they sniff around. I've also carried him around the house while they see him in my arms, telling them that he's a good boy and they need to accept him. They have not accepted him; Alexis not only growls and grunts at him but she chases him around the house until the point that he is groveling at my legs to pick him up so he can escape. Candy and Charlotte also try to beat him up. It has come to the point that now my cats are hissing and growling at each other, even when he is NOT around and I have never, ever had that situation. Let me also explain that I have fostered tons of kittens and know that it does take time for cats to get used to each other but the last straw was tonight when I gently let him out of the guest room again because they really need to get used to each other. Alexis chased him into the bathroom and was ready to attack him. When I tried to remove her from the situation, she bit me in 3 places on my arm, drawing blood. This is from a cat that is petrified of strangers and hides under the bed when someone comes into the house. She is aggressive toward him as are 2 others and I know I'm supposed to be patient but after 3 weeks, I can't do this to them anymore. My cats are miserable, as is this poor little guy. He is the most loving cat I've ever seen in my life; all he needs is a home where he can relax; he can't do that here, he wants to come out of the guest room but he is afraid when he's out. He is non-confrontational, I've seen him interact with strays and barn cats, he's just fine. He used to come up to my sliding doors to make friends with my cats but they just cannot accept him and I don't know what to do anymore.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Nuk Anuk, Oct 2 12:27 am

Cat Health > Kitty Health Website
Daphne

Mommy's Daffodil

Purred: Mon Jul 28, '08 3:58pm PST 
All of you cats are awesome, thanks so much! Purrs, Daph
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Daphne, Jul 28 3:58 pm

(Page 1 of 54: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.