Postings by Sir Earl Grey aka Arnie's Family

GO!

Cat Health > Heartbroken over Cat's Terminal illness

Sir Earl- Grey aka- Arnie

One Cat Earl, to- rule them all

Purred: Mon Sep 24, '12 11:30am PST 
I made a memorial page for Morpheus. Please visit and find out how great he was. I miss him so!!cry

http://www.catster.com/cats/1269643
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jack, Sep 25 7:49 am

Cat Health > This is just Heartbreaking and an Outrage.

Purred: Mon Sep 24, '12 11:07am PST 
http://news.yahoo.com/cat-goes-vet-flea-bath-gets-euthanized-1134418 50.html
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Lady, Sep 24 6:44 pm

Purred: Sun Sep 9, '12 7:02am PST 
Thank you all so much for your caring words. I don't know why this has been so tough for me...I guess because he was my best friend. I miss him so much.

I didn't mention that my son brought home a kitten about six months ago, his name is Earl Grey. I have grown attached to Earl Grey, but he isn't my Morpheus.

Morpheus would always greet everyone with this little nod and meow, like he was saying, "hey, whats up". He was a very interactive cat who liked to have conversations with people and was very loving, always seeking kisses. I've never had a pet like him. I had been through so many things with him and he was always there for me.

Actually the new cat makes me feel guilty, that he was moved in as a replacement for Morpheus, which there no way he can. I find myself distancing myself from him because I can't replace my Morpheus, ever.

I've lost pets before, but didn't feel the huge loss that I'm feeling this time. I miss him so much and just keep crying when I think of him or look at his picture.

I know he was just a cat...but he was so much more to me. cry
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Jack, Sep 25 7:49 am

Purred: Thu Sep 6, '12 2:48pm PST 
I had to let my pretty kitty Morpheus go today. I held him as he was put to sleep and so glad they were able to make him comfortable enough that he was purring as he slept away. This is one of the hardest things I ever had to do.

Thanks for your kind words.
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Jack, Sep 25 7:49 am

Purred: Thu Sep 6, '12 1:30pm PST 
My pretty kitty Morpheus is gone. I loved him so much.
[notify]

» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Jack, Sep 25 7:49 am

Purred: Wed Sep 5, '12 6:23pm PST 
I found my cat of 15 years today,meowing and his hind legs paralyzed. I rush him to the vet and got a diagnoses of Saddle thrombosis. The condition is caused by a blood clot blocking blood flow to the hind legs. All they can do is try blood thinning drugs and pain meds. We are going to wait overnight and see if he is better, if not...euthanasia in the morning. There is only a 10% he will make it

I am heartbroken and taking this very badly. I feel so guilty that maybe I didn't take care of him good enough. I feel guilty he is spending his last night all alone and I'm making him suffer when there really is no hope. I'm going to force myself to be there when he dies, but I know it's going to kill me.

His name is Morpheus and he's the best cat ever.
[notify]

» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Jack, Sep 25 7:49 am

Choosing the Right Cat > Hey, am I a Chartreux?

Purred: Mon Dec 12, '11 7:06pm PST 
i forgot....I also have real hot ears all the time, whatz up with that?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by smokey, Jan 7 10:37 am

Purred: Sat Dec 10, '11 5:41am PST 
Thnx all for your kind and informative responses. In follow-up, my body type is best described as "a rectangular box standing on edge with legs"...lol. I will post some new pics to show. Also, I seem to have the many personality traits listed for Chartreux, though they also seem to be very close to "Blues". Also, I not a shelter rescue, but a rescue from an individual that I no longer have contact with and no nothing about.

Having noticed that my color, eyes, body shape, and personality; seem to match a Chatreux; I highly doubt that I am a pure Chartreux, maybe a breeding experiment? I know I am no ordinary pussycat.

Anyway...I taking advice and planning to go to a cat show Mar 3/4 in Indy, only problem is my human minions are 2 guys who know nothing about cat shows and I'm sure they will either embarrass me or get arrested for ...well inappropriate behavior at bars near the cat show and such. Already...the jokes about going to a "pussycat" show are getting deep. Anyone out there to help me manage these clowns if I go to the show?

So...if I a show cat and maybe become a breeder cat....the 2 clowns keep talking about it being time that I should get declawed and neutered. Should I let them do this? red face
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by smokey, Jan 7 10:37 am

Purred: Wed Dec 7, '11 1:54pm PST 
I have no idea, cause I just a rescue cat...don't remember mother ...and well who knows about father.
[notify]

» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by smokey, Jan 7 10:37 am

Chartreux > Hey, am I a Chartreux?

Purred: Wed Dec 7, '11 1:44pm PST 
I have no idea, cause I just a rescue cat...don't remember mother ...and well who knows about father.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by smokey, Jan 4 3:50 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.