Postings by Tia's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Behavior & Training > Furniture scratching...
Tia

Tia the- Terrific!

Purred: Thu Sep 12, '13 4:02am PST 
Yes. From the hours of 6a-2p my roomie is at work and her son is at school, so it's just me and the pets there. Roomie's dog gets put in their room (I let her out to go potty several times so she's not always in there) so it's pretty much just me, Tia, and Angel out and about in the house. I work overnights, so when they are all asleep Tia gets most of the house to herself. The busiest times are when the kiddo gets home from school until he goes to bed, lol. So when I go to my room, Tia gets to come in there with me.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tia, Sep 12 4:02 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > What to Say, And What Not to Say, Following the Passing of a Pet
Tia

Tia the- Terrific!

Purred: Wed Sep 11, '13 3:36am PST 
That was a great post. I don't think many people know exactly what to say or how it effects someone to have their pet pass away. I had several people say "It's just a dog, and you didn't even have it that long" when my puppy died last year.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Pounce, Sep 13 5:52 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > RIP Little Kitty (found in Waggoner Park)

Tia

Tia the- Terrific!

Purred: Wed Sep 11, '13 3:33am PST 
My roommate and her son found a cat that was left in a box at one of our local parks & had passed away yesterday (when they found the kitty, my roommate said it was probably dead for a while) While we don't know the exact circumstances (maybe it was already dying, sick, or maybe they just didn't want it anymore) it is sad. I wanted to post about this to send our condolences and sympathy to those cats/kittens that have passed away without their human being there to hold them. So again, RIP Little Kitty little angel
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Pandora, Sep 14 7:01 pm

Behavior & Training > Furniture scratching...

Tia

Tia the- Terrific!

Purred: Wed Sep 11, '13 3:20am PST 
I've begun to notice Tia digging her claws into my living room chair...it seems she does this when there is a lot of activity going on, she's overly excited from playing, or she's upset.

A friend/coworker of mine and her 7 year old recently moved in with us, and I think all the excitement brought on by having a child, an adult, AND another dog around is causing her a lot of stress. I don't normally allow her in my room due to having a Crested Gecko that she likes to torment, but I have been (with supervision) if things get really crazy.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tia, Sep 12 4:02 am

Behavior & Training > Increasingly Antisocial Cat...Why?!

Tia

Tia the- Terrific!

Purred: Wed Sep 11, '13 3:16am PST 
I am going to agree with Benjamin in saying you should take him to the Vet. Seems like such a 360 to go from loving and affectionate to not wanting y'all around.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tia, Sep 11 3:16 am

Choosing the Right Cat > Why Do People Go To Breeders?
Tia

Tia the- Terrific!

Purred: Wed Sep 11, '13 3:09am PST 
Interesting that I came across this forum, when I just had this conversation with my roommate's 7 year old son yesterday morning on the way to school. He was telling me he wanted to help rescue cats just like his mom does. He also said he wants to breed cats, but didn't know what kind. My question to him was: Why when there are so many cats that already need homes? (Just out of curiosity - I wouldn't try to sway him one way or the other) His response was that a lot of people rescue, but there are a lot of people that would still like a certain breed due to certain traits and characteristics they have. Also that he would be a "good breeder and make sure his cats were all tested and had the right vaccines so they wouldn't get sick." Just thought that was interesting coming from a 7 yr old.

Tia is from the SPCA, and she's my pride and joy. I couldn't have asked for a better cat. However, I believe so far I've been lucky with her and not knowing what the medical history of her mom and/or dad. So far, the only health issue I've had with her is feline conjunctivitis 3x...other than she's the picture of health. I honestly think it takes a special kind of person to take on a rescue, whether they are purebred or mixed. You don't know the situation they were born into, the health of the parents, brothers and/or sisters, if they were abused/neglected at all, etc.

And having 2 rescued pets myself (and going through a lot of finances dealing with health issues that Angel has) I can completely understand why people would go to a reputable breeder! That way you at least have some idea of any health issues, you can see how the breeder handles their cats, you can ask lots of questions (including about testing, vaccinations, anything you want to ask) and see how the mother and father are.

I myself am looking into getting a Maine Coon, preferably from a breeder.

The only way to improve the breeds of cats (and dogs) that are around today is by having reputable breeders that know what they are doing and what they are dealing with.
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Juliette, Mar 28 2:16 am

Cat Health > How to best protect cats from getting lost

Tia

Tia the- Terrific!

Purred: Wed Sep 11, '13 2:33am PST 
I do not let Tia wear collars, so the idea of having it be an implant interests me. It would be like an upgraded version of micro-chip, right?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Sep 14 5:07 pm

Cat Health > Yay Tapeworms -_-

Tia

Tia the- Terrific!

Purred: Mon Mar 18, '13 3:50am PST 
Does he like to hunt as well? If so, you might consider it.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tia, Mar 18 3:50 am

Cat Health > Declawing Rant!

Tia

Tia the- Terrific!

Purred: Mon Mar 18, '13 3:45am PST 
Beep I hear you loud and clear. Most of my furniture is hand-me-down or furniture bought off of craigslist so it's not a huge deal but when I see Tia using it as a scratching post she gets reprimanded and corrected. My house isn't fancy and my blinds & curtains paint the picture of a cat living there, if you know what I mean. Still, to me these are things that I can deal with...it's hard to get mad when Tia curls up on my stomach or against my arm looking like a cute, innocent ball of fluff.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Gabielle, Apr 7 8:25 pm

Cat Health > Declawing Rant!
Tia

Tia the- Terrific!

Purred: Fri Mar 15, '13 11:18pm PST 
I too believe it's an "arrogance" issue when it comes to de-clawing. Most of the furniture in my house is 'hand-me-down' and to me, possessions aren't everything. I do not allow Tia to scratch the furniture but yes, you will see claw marks in most of it. Does it matter that much? No. I knew when adopting Tia that it would be a way of life.
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Gabielle, Apr 7 8:25 pm

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.