Postings by Yuki's Family

GO!

Choosing the Right Cat > kitten for not-really-cat-social cat?

Yuki

Purred: Tue Feb 14, '12 9:24am PST 
I currently have a divided family. My kitty Yuki doesn't really want other bigger cats too near to her but has been progressing. She is fine as long as they keep a few feet away and don't surprise her. (Thinking this stemmed from being declawed and then thrown into the wild.) She is full grown but still a pretty tiny cat. There are two other cats who get along with each other fine in my household. I have considered getting a kitten in hopes of a companion for the younger cat, who is about 2, to play with but also for Yuki who gets restless by herself. Yuki doesn't really play currently. Hopefully I explained that well enough and included all the pertinent info. Thanks!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maizy , Mar 12 4:09 pm

Behavior & Training > is fighting the answer for these two to live in peace?
Yuki

Purred: Mon Oct 3, '11 11:31am PST 
I moved in with a friend who has 2 cats. My cat, Yuki, was a declawed stray and loved being an only cat at home. It has been over a year of trying to introduce her to them, the dominate male, Bagheera, being the main issue. The female, Kerrigan, just wants to be friends but is very submissive and leaves her alone. He seeks her out and she will fight, hiss and bark, but tries to run away and hide. They are both declawed; should I just let them fight it out (supervised) until dominance is reached or is there a better solution?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kosuteh, Oct 3 11:42 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.