Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

Cat Health > Megacolon?
Athena

Purred: Mon Nov 25, '13 7:19pm PST 
Yep yep, small meals for a week, mirilax daily, wet only, and an antibiotics for a week. I was worried, she didn't pass anything for over 48 hours but she has a couple times now and she is definitely a happy Kitty now smile Thanks again for the support everyone, hoping she stays healthy now!

Jason
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 26 1:29 pm

Cat Health > Megacolon?
Athena

Purred: Thu Nov 21, '13 5:29pm PST 
Surgery went well, Athena is home and acting completely normal. Hoping for no complications then we will set in to see how managing her condition goes. There was about a six month gap between instances this time and the last time and we weren't even trying to manage it since we thought it was isolated constipation last time. We are hopeful she will lead a fairly normal life, we will see! Thanks again for all the advice and support smile

Jason
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 26 1:29 pm

Cat Health > Megacolon?

Athena

Purred: Thu Nov 21, '13 6:29am PST 
Thanks again for the replies smile Luckily all my kitties are already on grain free diets but it was part dry and part wet. Obviously we will be going wet only after this episode. Athena is dropped off at the vet, hope to hear good news later today, will keep you posted. Thanks for the support!

Jason
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Nov 26 1:29 pm

Cat Health > Megacolon?

Athena

Purred: Wed Nov 20, '13 12:58pm PST 
Thank you VERY much for the reply! The yahoo group does still exist and I joined yesterday, thanks for mentioning that. I kind of felt removing the colon was pretty radical to especially since she is so young. My wife and I have decided to go for the conservative surgery, Athena goes in tomorrow morning. We have also read pumpkin helps, Athena seemed to eat it fine yesterday so hopefully after surgery she will continue. My vet also mentioned both the laxatives you were talking about so hopefully between the laxative, wet food, pumpkin, etc we can manage this thing. Just hoping Athena has a successful surgery tomorrow, thanks again for the reply it's appreciated smile

Jason
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Nov 26 1:29 pm

Cat Health > Megacolon?

Athena

Purred: Tue Nov 19, '13 4:34pm PST 
My two year old kitty Athena just came home from some time with the vet. Last Spring she became very constipated, took her to the vet, he had to give her an enema and then put her under to push the feces out. Last Friday night she started acting sick again. We kept her separate from the other cats with her own litter box. Sure enough she constipated again, not going anymore. We thought she was ok, she went months without medication or a strict wet food diet without an incident but here it is again.

Today the vet called to say he can't get the feces to soften up this time to push it out. He recommends surgery, I have two option, one is just to open her up, removed the feces and sew the colon back up, the other is to removed the colon completely. The vet is saying possibly megacolon but my wife and I are not comfortable with completely removing her colon at such a young age, we are leaning toward the less invasive surgery and then putting her on a strict wet diet with laxatives (or whatever vet recommends) to see if this reoccurs. I'm wondering if anyone has an experience with this and any thoughts on which surgery to pursue, any thoughts or advice is appreciated, thank you!

Jason
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Nov 26 1:29 pm

Behavior & Training > Christmas Trees...
Tigger

Purred: Fri Nov 11, '11 8:47pm PST 
My wife and I haven't had a tree in years because of our kitties. My wife is due with our daughter on December 1st so I'd love to try a tree again in the next year or two for her. I'm hoping my three youngest kitties will calm down a bit before that but I DOUBT that will happen lol so we'll see how it goes!
[notify]

» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by , Dec 12 5:51 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Grief still so painful for my precious Scraggles

Turbo - In Loving- Memory

Purred: Mon Nov 7, '11 9:01pm PST 
I am very sorry for your loss. I read Scraggle's bio, you are an amazing kitty parent, many people would have given up on Scraggles immediately but you did your best for as long as you could smile I lost Turbo in July, he was only about 13 weeks old, I still remember how hard it was to decide to do what was best for him. I still feel horrible stabs of pain and depression from time to time. Keep hugging the rest of your family, it helped me a LOT to focus on Turbo's sister Tigger and Aunt Pumpkin smile Turbo has since sent his sister TWO brothers to keep her company so everything works out eventually. Hang in there, try to keep busy and enjoy your family smile
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 10 2:36 pm

Cat Health > Does your vet declaw cats?

Apollo

Purred: Mon Nov 7, '11 8:29pm PST 
I wouldn't let that deter me if I really like the vet and staff, as much as I hate declawing it's sadly quite accepted by most "uneducated" pet owners. I personally doubt I even have a vet in my area that doesn't declaw, and besides if we were to use the moral argument, I personally believe in a grain free diet and 99% of vets sell Science Diet so there would be no vets to go to lol! I personally would make the switch if it's closer, prices are competitive with your old vet and you like the staff smile
[notify]

» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by , Nov 20 4:45 pm

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > zeke(our cat)

Athena

Purred: Fri Sep 30, '11 10:53pm PST 
I don't think you'll find anyone around here disagreeing with you smile Welcome to Catster!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sep 30 10:53 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > MelissaAnne Lost Her Fight Thursday Night...
Turbo - In Loving- Memory

Purred: Fri Sep 30, '11 10:50pm PST 
I am so sorry for your loss. Watching a loved companion waste away like that and to know the end is coming is such a difficult experience. I'm glad you kept each other company for 14 years, I know it's going to take some getting used to to not have her there now. When you are ready she will send you another kitty who needs you to love them smile
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Oct 2 2:25 pm

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.