Postings by Elijah Lil Tweet's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

Cat Health > Kitten tested positive for feline leukemia
Storm

Purred: Wed Aug 21, '13 2:57pm PST 
Thanks Norman and Sable,

I took Elijah and Turkey today and their test came back NEGATIVE!!! I am so happy.
Their vet said to bring them back in 6 months for another test.
Storm is to be retested in 3 months/Nov. I am so hoping it is negative.

Sable the links you posted I could not access.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Beepers, Aug 22 10:43 am

Storm

Purred: Sun Aug 18, '13 6:42am PST 
Thanks Sammie,

Actually that article is basically the same as other articles and really does not answer my questions; just leaves me with questions.
That was why I thought I would post here to talk with people who might have first hand experience. Since I have no reply's besides yours I am assuming no one at catster has had a kitten that has tested positive for feLV.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Beepers, Aug 22 10:43 am

Storm

Purred: Fri Aug 16, '13 10:08am PST 
Storm was a feral kitten when my grandson found her. I have two other cats. Storm has been with us since the end of June. Yesterday she was spayed and tested for FIV/feLV. It came back positive for feLV. TNR person said it could have come from the mother and that I will need to retest her at 6 weeks and in 3 months. I have appointments for the other 2. Even though they have tested neg. before I am scared. If it is from the mothers milk, is Storm as contagious as if she caught it otherwise? The 3 have shared litter boxes and bowls. Thanks for any help.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Beepers, Aug 22 10:43 am

Kitten Corner > Kitten went from calm to crazy!

Elijah Lil- Tweet

Purred: Wed Dec 14, '11 5:10pm PST 
You adopted her when she was only 6 weeks? Even at 8 she is still young and growing. She sounds very normal to me. I have had Elijah since he was about 2 1/2 weeks old and at first when he started playing he was gentle and then as he got older he got more active. Elijah did have our two dogs and my sons cat to play with but he still like attacking me and my hands. I have so many scratches it is not funny. Most of them are from he wanting to be on my lap or on my shoulders. But some are from play fighting. Just make sure you have something to offer her in exchange for your hands.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Mia, Dec 29 10:34 pm

Kitten Corner > Something new with Elijah............... :r

Elijah Lil- Tweet

Purred: Wed Dec 14, '11 5:03pm PST 
At least he is not spraying. I do not remember my son's cat doing this before or after we had him neutered and the only other male cat we had was neutered when he was 2 and half months old. Even when he is doing this I cannot be upset with my little guy. I just wish he would choose not to do it next to me. laugh out loud

Yes, I am glad that he will not be a father from this or cause anyone else to become a mommy.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Elijah Lil Tweet, Dec 14 5:03 pm

Kitten Corner > Something new with Elijah............... :r
Elijah Lil- Tweet

Purred: Wed Dec 14, '11 1:05pm PST 
Elijah was neutered on Monday (12.12.11) on Saturday he started something that he had never done before.
I got a new extra soft blanket. I was curled up under it and Elijah was climbing on me and he started biting the blanket and patting the blanket almost like he was giving me a message. I have read where kittens will do that thinking it is there mommy and kind of nursing. At least that is what I thought. It wasn't till later that I realized he was actually masturbating.
So I figured he was just starting to come into his hormones, and that we were just in time with the neutering. Well he has been masturbating everyday since Saturday. At first it was only on the one blanket. But I put it up because I didn't want Elijah to hurt himself. Now he is doing it on all my blankets and throws. I actually saw his penis when I took the one throw away from him this afternoon.
How long should this be going on now that he is neutered?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Elijah Lil Tweet, Dec 14 5:03 pm

Kitten Corner > Neutered Today and Question

Elijah Lil- Tweet

Purred: Wed Dec 14, '11 12:46pm PST 
Thank you everyone,

Monday night Elijah slept in his carrier crate and then yesterday morning I got out the dog crate. Kept him in it for the most part of the day but then he started the constant crying. I am still worried when he jumps onto the desk or table but otherwise I am trying to restrict on the stairs and catch him when he jumps onto something by lifting him and putting him back on the floor.

So I do not feel as worried as I did when I posted. smile Once he was able to eat helped also. Part of the running around was looking for food.

Now, I have a new question which I am going to start a new post for it.
Thanks again
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Elijah Lil Tweet, Dec 14 12:46 pm

Elijah Lil- Tweet

Purred: Mon Dec 12, '11 4:35pm PST 
Thanks Leo, I have a small dog crate and a extra litter box but about 3 weeks ago when I tried to see how he did in it for a little bit while we had a baby in the house (he kept wanting to clean the new born baby) he ended up trying to force his way through the bar's and got his front leg stuck. Was not aware of it till he started yelling, I did one big panic.
Elijah can be so sweet and quiet but other times he could show up a child with ADHD. But I could not imagine a life without him in it.
Right now I have him in his carrying crate and am planning on leaving him just a bit longer to finish last minute kitchen clean up and then turn out all the lights and see if he will come lay down and watch tv with me.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Elijah Lil Tweet, Dec 14 12:46 pm

Elijah Lil- Tweet

Purred: Mon Dec 12, '11 2:07pm PST 
Elijah was finally neutered today, his one testicle did not drop so there was a 2nd incision I was told the same size as a spay incision. All went well.
Question is how do I keep a hyper active 5 month old kitten from climbing and jumping? I sat him on the table when i went to take him out of the carrier, planning on giving him some loving but before I could catch him he had jumped off the table, has been running through the house looking for something to eat. (can't eat for 2 hours) jumped onto my desk, I sat him down on the floor and told him NO, grabbed a teddy bear and started dragging him through the house. Right now I have him in his crate hoping once he eats he will calm down a little bit. I would not be so worried if it was a normal neuter incision but since he has the 2nd surgery I am really nervous of him breaking that incision open.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Elijah Lil Tweet, Dec 14 12:46 pm

Food & Nutrition > Tarragon, is it safe ?
Elijah Lil- Tweet

Purred: Wed Dec 7, '11 3:48pm PST 
I made homemade chicken pot pie for dinner tonight. When cooking up the veggie and chicken center I added about 1/2 teaspoon of tarragon. I ended up with extra center and would like to share it with Elijah and my dogs. But was wondering if it was safe.
I have never cooked with Tarragon before,
Anyone know?
Thanks
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ben, Dec 7 5:35 pm

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.