Postings by Cocoa's Family

GO!

Cat Health > I was lied to!

Wynter

Mr. Floppycat

Purred: Sat Jul 16, '11 11:53am PST 
That's crazy. I'd personally go after the breeder for this. They need to make sure their kitties are healthy before they get adopted. frown Best wishes to you! Hope everything goes well!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Siri, Jul 16 11:28 pm

Cat Health > How does indoor cat get flea cause i think my cat has one...
Wynter

Mr. Floppycat

Purred: Sat Jul 16, '11 11:47am PST 
It's possible to get fleas even though you don't go outside. I remember when I was a kitten, I got fleas from our dog because he went outside and got them. We both got flea treatments and they cleared up in a few weeks with lots of grooming from mama. We live in the woods so it's very easy for us to get infested, especially since I sneak out now that I'm older!

Maybe a flea came in on your mama and jumped on you? If it was only one flea there probably isn't a lot to worry about. Just keep an eye out for more. And do start Frontline or another flea and tick treatment when you get older, just in case! Fleas are no fun and ticks can make you super sick.

In short: Keep your eyes open for more fleas, but try to relax. No need to get worked up just yet. If you find more, talk to your vet again. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Chili, Jul 21 6:10 pm

Kitten Corner > Kitten growth chart

Cocoa

Beans beans

Purred: Wed Jul 13, '11 8:13pm PST 
We found a neat little chart that helps you gauge a kitten's age if you don't know it exactly. Very helpful! Turns out Cocoa is closer to 2 months than 1 month. smile
http://www.all-about-cute-kittens.com/kitten-growth-chart.html
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cocoa, Jul 13 8:13 pm

Who's Feeling Silly > Looking for black kitties with a white spot on their chest¡

Cocoa

Beans beans

Purred: Wed Jul 13, '11 3:02pm PST 
A bit rusted, but still black with a spot!
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Felix, Oct 20 2:09 pm

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > How did you come up with a name for your cat(s) or kitten(s)?

Wynter

Mr. Floppycat

Purred: Wed Jul 13, '11 2:51pm PST 
My mother named Wynter. We just call him Kitty, though - he responds to both. laugh out loud
A co-worker suggested I name Cocoa 'Chocolate' because of his rusted brown/black coloring. I was originally going to name him something coffee-related because his coloring looks like a fresh-poured cup of coffee, but the more I thought about it, the more Cocoa seemed to fit.
I often wait for my pets to tell me their names. I'll just get a name stuck in my head and that's what I'll call them. It's what happened with my youngest rat. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Bandit, Jul 21 12:59 pm

Cat Health > Half-blind kitten care advice
Cocoa

Beans beans

Purred: Wed Jul 13, '11 2:46pm PST 
Cocoa's missing an eye, most likely due to an infection that wasn't treated in time. (He's a rescued outdoor kitten.) We're taking him to the vet on Friday to get that checked out and confirmed, but in the meantime, any advice on how to care for a half-blind kitten?
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Chief Red-Cloud - He-Who-Stand, Jul 15 1:46 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.