Postings by Edison The Angel's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

Cat Health > Mac is very sick
Violet

Just a beautiful- flower named- Violet!

Purred: Fri Jan 10, '14 2:14pm PST 
Mac, we're sending healing purrs that you're on the road to recovery - hope you're feeling better now!
[notify]

» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Zoey, Mar 15 4:10 pm

Cat Health > Cat Nightmares??
Violet

Purred: Sat Jan 4, '14 9:09am PST 
Violet had a nightmare a few weeks ago. She was laying on top of the sofa asleep, and suddenly started moaning/growling. Like the very first OP in this thread, I gently tried to wake her up, but it took a few tries. I finally took a hold of one of her paws and stroked it and went, "Honey, honey - wake up, it's Mommy." She suddenly startled awake, realized that it was me and that she was safe, and cuddled up to me and went back to sleep. I'm not sure what she'd have a nightmare about, as I got her when she was two months old (she'll be five months old tomorrow), and she was only out with her litter for her first month and a half before the rescue organization was able to get them and place them. But I guess that might be enough time for something to have scared her that she'd remember.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Violet, Jan 4 9:09 am

Cat Health > Collars for Houdini Cats

Violet

Purred: Sat Dec 28, '13 9:46am PST 
Back again! I just ordered a Beastie Band collar for Violet! I got the black one with the pink hearts and crossbones! laugh out loud It's perfect if you knew Violet, LOL! The sweet little pink hearts because she's such a love, and the little crossbones because she's got just a hint of a little devil in her, too!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Dec 29 5:25 am

Cat Health > Collars for Houdini Cats

Violet

Purred: Sat Dec 28, '13 5:38am PST 
Oooh, I think I'm going to look into the velcro collar for Violet, thanks for the link! Right now, I have a pop off safety collar for her that is still too big. But every time I try it on for size, she wiggles around so much trying to get it off that even once it fits her, I'm not sure how well she'll keep it on without popping it. We live in a building too, and she's strictly indoor, so her chances of getting away are slim, but I love her and want to be sure she has proper ID (she's getting fixed in February or March, and they'll do microchipping then while she's under the anesthesia).

Edison had both - I used to do the pop off collar for him when he was little, but his last couple of collars were just regular small dog collars. He was always indoor too, but he never struggled around to get out of his collars either.

I'd say if you have an irresponsible family, definitely get your kitty collared, and microchipped too if you can!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Dec 29 5:25 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Does the kitty litter type actually have an importance for cats?

Violet

Purred: Fri Dec 27, '13 3:43am PST 
The whole time I had Edison, I used Fresh Step clumping litter. It was okay, but it didn't really hold down the smell, and I had a LOT of clean up, because it was very dusty. Other than the fact that it clumped, it wasn't any better than messy clay litter.

After Edison left us to cross The Bridge, I came here to surf around the forums and prepare for adopting a new kitten, which was when I heard about Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat litter. I got my first bag when I got Violet, and I would never use anything else. It's more money, yes, but it really holds down the smell, and there's hardly any dust from it! My dust clean up with Violet and the Dr. Elsey is much much less than it was with Edison and the Fresh Step.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 18 3:59 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > What's up with the Feliway plug-ins?
Violet

Purred: Fri Dec 27, '13 3:34am PST 
I haven't had that problem with my Feliway plug in. Definitely try the spray for a while, but contact the company. You may have a defective plug in unit.

If that doesn't work, check your outlet - there may be a problem with it.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Mar 19 2:30 pm

Behavior & Training > Unprovoked, without warning Vicious attacks while petting.

Violet

Purred: Tue Nov 12, '13 11:35am PST 
I'd say get her checked by a vet if there's any way to do it financially. I also agree to try playing with her more often if you can to try and expend some of the energy. Although Violet's a sweetie, she's more "nutso" on evenings when I haven't had the time to play with her. She's much calmer when we get some one on one play time.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jun 14 5:31 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Queenie and Fluff are gone

Violet

Purred: Tue Nov 12, '13 11:16am PST 
Oh, honey, I'm so sorry to hear about this. Please don't give up hope - I know that's not much comfort, but you may find them yet.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Pandora, Nov 12 3:42 pm

Kitten Corner > What do you think of this?

Violet

Purred: Tue Nov 12, '13 6:54am PST 
One more post, because the solution I came up with was kind of hilarious! Violet has stopped flipping poop and clumped bits of litter out of her litterbox, thanks to one simple solution. I figured out that she still probably thinks they're her toy, "Black Mouse", and that she's "rescuing" that toy out of her litterbox. Sooo... yeah, I got rid of Black Mouse! He met with an "unfortunate accident" down the garbage chute. I made up for it, I got her two new mouse toys, a bright green mouse and a glittery purple mouse (colors that would never be mistaken for anything inside the litterbox!). She loves them - she plays with them constantly, and doesn't seem to miss Black Mouse in the least.

So I guess the moral of the story is, don't ever get your cat a toy that could be mistaken for a piece of litter or poop! red face
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tigger, Nov 13 1:17 pm

Kitten Corner > Surprise in Luna's back end
Violet

Purred: Tue Nov 12, '13 6:48am PST 
Aww, LOL! Poor kid has to have his name changed! A friend of mine just got a kitten who was so young, they couldn't tell, so they gave her a gender neutral name and called her Pepper, eventually finding out that she was indeed a girl.

Violet's hair is so long, and she was only 2 mos. old when I got her, so when I took her for her first vet visit, literally the first thing I asked them was to just double check that she was a girl. They confirmed that she was, and I said, "Good, now I don't have to re-order her name tag so that it says 'Benny' on it!" big grin

My best friend from high school had a cat who she thought was a boy, so they named the cat Herbie, and then found out Herbie was a girl. But they kept the name because they thought it might be confusing for her if they changed it. Which, a year or so later when the cat became pregnant, lead to confusing outburts such as "Mom! Hurry up, Herbie's having her litter!"
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Luna, Nov 12 1:01 pm

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.