Postings by Cookie's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 46: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Cat does not want to transition to grain-freee -- ideas?
Candie

Leave me alone!

Purred: Tue Jul 1, '14 5:11am PST 
I tried sample after sample of the grain free kibbles for my babies. I'd visited smaller neighborhood pet stores for the free sample bags. They simply preferred the foods with grains like rice, barley or oatmeal. So I gave up even trying anymore grain-free kibbles. I have picked food withouts corn, wheat, soy or meat by products. I also feed wet foods too. Maybe some nice pate types would be appealing to him. Even the cheaper ones with adding a little extra water would work. You don't have to break the bank on canned foods.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Jul 1 11:58 pm

Food & Nutrition > Sensitive Stomach/Food Too Rich?
Cookie

Can we play??

Purred: Tue Jun 24, '14 8:38am PST 
I'd stop Wellness. Might be an allergy to eggs. But an allergy test would be a very good idea to see what it could be for sure. There are some other wet foods to try that are limited ingredient diets aka LID. Blue Basics, Natures Variety, Natural Balance are just a few brands. Raw, yes some of those would be good too. Some people like the duck, turkey or rabbit ones.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Opie, Jun 27 11:05 pm

Food & Nutrition > Very VERY Runny KITTENS Poop

Candie

Leave me alone!

Purred: Wed Jun 11, '14 3:32am PST 
A temp. solution is Holistic Select (Eagle Pack) Hoistic Solution. Just sprinkle it over the food. (Prebiotics, Probiotics and Digestive Enzymes provide a natural, 3-way, holistic approach to resolve diarrhea, loose stool, or stomach upset.)

What food are you feeding them? Foods with corn, wheat or yeast to name a few ingredients that can be a problem. I'm hoping one of the other member will add link for cats with IBD. Can you feed an all wet diet of pate type canned foods? What about a raw diet? Think grain free foods.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Jun 12 5:01 pm

Food & Nutrition > Why?

Candie

Leave me alone!

Purred: Wed Jun 4, '14 11:25pm PST 
Fish has never been a regular part of pets diets up until World War 2. Meats were rationed and the pet for companies started using fish. If you think about it, in the wild the big cats never fished for their food. If salmon is a problem, omit it completely from her diet. I'd skip the tuna too. There are so many other proteins in cat food to try. Venison, lamb, pork, beef, chicken, duck.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Katie, Jun 5 1:46 pm

Cat Health > New Cat Owner...Cat has Tapeworms...Profender/Revolution ? Please offer some advice :)

Cookie

Can we play??

Purred: Thu Apr 10, '14 4:06pm PST 
Stop freaking out. My sister adopted a resue cat at Petsmart. She came with tapeworms we found out a week later. One round of treatment of Tradewind tape worm pills (3 pills) from Petsmart and all was gone. She never had them again even after having fleas. (Capstar, the Program and Adams flea shampoo to get rid of fleas for my long haired cats.) Now breath........
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Apr 12 4:26 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Litter Genie Refill options
Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Sun Apr 6, '14 11:20pm PST 
I received a Litter Genie to test. I liked it a lot. On average, I got 9 bags out of the bag cartridge. Unwilling to pay the cost of the refills, I found that a 8 gallon trash bags that I purchased at Kmart would work. Yes, it takes a lot more time to use the spent bag cartridge with the 8 gallon bags. It can be done cheap enought. But I gave up because the heights of the Litter Genie. It was too tall next to my only space next to the toliet and the bathtub. I ended up with a small rectangle trash can that has a petal to open the plastic lid. The trash can from Target was stainless steel on the outside with a plastic inner liner. It was just under $35.00 for the SimpleHuman 11" H x 13.5" W x 6.25" D can. Those same 8 gallon Ironclad bags work in the trash can I bought at Target.

Ironclad vanilla scented 65 count (8 gallon) bags are $4.99.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brownie, Apr 6 11:20 pm

Behavior & Training > Gravy Suckers - A Possible Remedy

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Thu Feb 27, '14 11:35pm PST 
Brownie is the one to eat all the gravy and leave the rest. Unlike Cookie to eat only the pate types with a bit of extra hot water added. I got so mad at the waste too. Then the light bulb. I got my KitchenAid immersion blender out. It fits right into a 5.5 oz can. I process the "shreds" with gravy until they are silky smooth. I add extra water into the feeding bowl to make it soup. Great tasting soup because of the gravy. For the 3 oz cans of food, I have to get my one cup measuring cup. The blender fits inside for me to process the 3 oz. can contents.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brownie, Feb 27 11:35 pm

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > New play toys - Robo Fish, Frolic Cat, Fishing rod

Cookie

Can we play??

Purred: Fri Feb 21, '14 12:02pm PST 
My review is based on Birmans. Other cats may love or flip out over the toy I reviewed.

I saw a new toy on Floppycats youtube channel. So I looked for it a few stores. I finally gave up and ordered one online. I got the Zuru Robo Fish in orange. I filled a small round glass bowl and sat on the floor. As the cats came closer I put the Robo Fish in the bowl. It swam for a few minutes. They watched. But no one stalking and paws swatting wildly at the fish. I pulled the toy out of the water and dried it off. The cats saw this and thought for a moment and rushed to lean over the bowl. They could not wait and began to lap at the water. I put an end to that right away and throw out the water in to my potted plants. I was not sure the plastic in the fish BPA free. Better safe then sorry.

I'll take my Robo Fish down to my sister's house and see if her Himalayan finds it interesting. But so far my Birmans think it was just okay and not a favorite toy.

I also picked up a Frolic Cat on sale at Bed Bath and Beyond. And only Candie thinks it is the bomb of all toys. She LOVES to chase lasers.

The Shakespeare Ugly Stik Jr. rod I got at Cabelo was a winning with my homemake lure of pheasant feathers and a lead weight. I dug through my tackle box and found all the parts with one exception. I put my lure on a saftey pin and not a hook. It made it easy to hook to the swivel on the line. My Jr. rod is 42 inches long. If your not one to fish, I would recommend a shorter rod to cast inside your home. I sit in the living room chair and can cast all the way into the dining room. All of my cats love that homemade toy.

The girls still LOVE a green bamboo plant stake I got at the garden store.

And my favorite idea is to collect most of the cat toys for a while in a box. They soon forget about them. Then I bring them back and they go crazy all over again. Try it and see it for yourself.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tigger, Mar 4 11:02 am

Birman > A Ragdoll or Birman?

Candie

Leave me alone!

Purred: Wed Feb 19, '14 8:28pm PST 
Birman do a Birman Huff. They are smaller than Ragdolls. Some say Ragdolls go limp.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Candie, Feb 19 8:28 pm

Birman > Is here really a Birman??
Cookie

Can we play??

Purred: Wed Feb 19, '14 8:20pm PST 
White paws are a must for Birmans. If you hold a Birman against their will, they will do the Birman Huff to tell you "Let me go!".

Does Oscar have an undercoat? Birmans do not have an undercoat. I'm thinking Oscar is a Himalayan. But for sure is not a Birman.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Feb 19 8:20 pm

(Page 1 of 46: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.