Postings by Jase's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

Behavior & Training > Loving cat turning mean!
Jase

Blue-Eyed Savior- of Hearts

Purred: Tue Jul 3, '12 6:04pm PST 
You know, almost as if he knew I was writing this, he turned back into his old self the very next day, after months of acting weird. He's still fighting for dominance -- he's moved up to battle our Maine Coon, the heavyweight head of the household! -- but he's coming to me again for attention, and he's once more sleeping with me at night.

Thanks for the words of encouragement!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Candy, Jul 3 7:56 pm

Behavior & Training > Loving cat turning mean!
Jase

Purred: Sat Jun 30, '12 1:10am PST 
I've had Jase since he was 7 weeks old. For the first full year, he was the sweetest, most loving cat. He would refuse to be apart from me, and he would fall asleep in my lap, purring and kneading me. He used to nuzzle my neck, sleep on my pillow, and otherwise be the single most loving animal I've ever had.

Now, though... he's changed, somehow, over the last few months. He still tries to be in the same room as me, but he doesn't approach me for affection; he generally just lies a foot or so away. He never sleeps with me anymore. He'll jump up on my desk a lot, and usually he'll allow me to pet him for a few moments, but then he'll start to kick and bite me! He immediately follows it with licks, as though he knows he's out of line... but he seems irritable and unaffectionate.

This comes pretty close on the heels of him winning an extra rung on the "kitty ladder" in our house. All 4 cats we have are fixed, and they all get along... but he's finally the second biggest in the house, so one of our two females, who used to be second in command, now rolls over for him and accepts his "supremacy nips".

Nothing else has changed. He's still eating, drinking, excreting, and sleeping the same amounts as before.

Can someone please help me figure out what's wrong? I want my loving kitty back! cry
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Candy, Jul 3 7:56 pm

Behavior & Training > Will neutering make me detached and aloof?

Jase

Purred: Mon Aug 8, '11 10:49pm PST 
Thanks for your reassurances, everyone! smile I can't wait now, 'cause Mommy has promised to pamper me for days!
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by KuJu Ku , Sep 22 10:52 am

Cat Health > Worried neutering will eliminate positive aspects of personality!

Jase

Purred: Mon Aug 8, '11 10:49pm PST 
Thanks for your reassurances, everyone! smile I can't wait now, 'cause Mommy has promised to pamper me for days!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jase, Aug 8 10:49 pm

Behavior & Training > Will neutering make me detached and aloof?

Jase

Purred: Mon Aug 8, '11 11:56am PST 
I'm a four-and-a-half-month-old Ragdoll kitten. Mommy just said something about getting me "new turd" on Thursday. She's so silly -- I make plenty of my own! Why would I need a new one?!

The thing is, she keeps talking about how she's worried that my personality will change a lot. I'm a ridiculously happy, somewhat playful kitten, and I'm EXTREMELY attached to my mommy. I spend hours each day lying in her arms, purring and kneading, and I hate being separated from her. Mommy likes this connection and doesn't want it to go away.

What do you think? Did your cats become more detached and aloof after getting "new turd"?
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by KuJu Ku , Sep 22 10:52 am

Cat Health > Worried neutering will eliminate positive aspects of personality!
Jase

Purred: Mon Aug 8, '11 11:33am PST 
I'm a four-and-a-half-month-old Ragdoll kitten. Mommy just said something about getting me "new turd" on Thursday. She's so silly -- I make plenty of my own! Why would I need a new one?!

The thing is, she keeps talking about how she's worried that my personality will change a lot. I'm a ridiculously happy, somewhat playful kitten, and I'm EXTREMELY attached to my mommy. I spend hours each day lying in her arms, purring and kneading, and I hate being separated from her. Mommy likes this connection and doesn't want it to go away.

What do you think? Did your cats become more detached and aloof after getting "new turd"?
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Jase, Aug 8 10:49 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > My First Show!

Jase

Purred: Sun Jul 24, '11 9:57pm PST 
I've been entered in the TICA SW Consortium in Irvine, CA for this coming Saturday & Sunday! I'm only four months old and have never been to a show. Mommy's having a friend help her cobble together some cool cage curtains, and I'm going to a professional groomer for a full head-to-toe grooming on Monday, then again on Friday for a basic touch-up. Mommy has read all the rules and instructions, but there's very little said on the website!

We were hoping you could tell us what to expect! Maybe give us some tips for being good showers! I'm extremely friendly and enjoy being held by everyone I meet, so my temperament isn't a worry. I do have a few fleas, but the groomers should take care of that, and Mommy has vacuumed and will be keeping me in a carpet-free area until after the show. She's bringing litter, food, and nail clippers to the show, along with my crate and curtains.

What are we missing? Is there anything special about how to groom a Ragdoll? Any special cut they ought to have on any part of their body? Also, I'm really curious what awards I'm eligible for winning; I'm a pedigreed Ragdoll kitten and have been entered as such.

Any input is appreciated! big grin
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Pandora, Jul 26 6:45 am

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > My First Show!

Jase

Purred: Sun Jul 24, '11 9:49pm PST 
I've been entered in the TICA SW Consortium in Irvine, CA for this coming Saturday & Sunday! I'm only four months old and have never been to a show. Mommy's having a friend help her cobble together some cool cage curtains, and I'm going to a professional groomer for a full head-to-toe grooming on Monday, then again on Friday for a basic touch-up. Mommy has read all the rules and instructions, but there's very little said on the website!

We were hoping you could tell us what to expect! Maybe give us some tips for being good showers! I'm extremely friendly and enjoy being held by everyone I meet, so my temperament isn't a worry. I do have a few fleas, but the groomers should take care of that, and Mommy has vacuumed and will be keeping me in a carpet-free area until after the show. She's bringing litter, food, and nail clippers to the show, along with my crate and curtains.

What are we missing? Is there anything special about how to groom a Ragdoll? Any special cut they ought to have on any part of their body? Also, I'm really curious what awards I'm eligible for winning; I'm a pedigreed Ragdoll kitten and have been entered as such.

Any input is appreciated! big grin
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 26 4:03 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Goodbye to my darling stitch

Valentine- (In Loving- Memory)

The Sweet- Scaredy-Cat

Purred: Sun May 15, '11 1:55pm PST 
I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful Maine Coon, and you were the perfect meowmy to her; she couldn't have had anymore more caring.

I will be waiting for her at the Rainbow Bridge.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , May 17 10:08 am

Behavior & Training > Kitten is making me super grumpy!
Ender

Big Boy

Purred: Sun May 15, '11 1:52pm PST 
Thanks, Maizy! I'm still steering clear of the kitten, but at least I don't feel like I have to avoid the downstairs; I can relax wherever I want to now. And I don't feel like growling or hissing at him anymore, especially because he seems to have learned that I don't like 'im!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ender, May 15 1:52 pm

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.