Postings by Gigi's Family

GO!

Catster Crushes > Has anyone thought of dog and cat dating?

Dr. House

OBEY!

Purred: Mon Apr 11, '11 11:46am PST 
I thought you meant inter species relationship LOL Because my cat Dr.House had a dog boyfriend.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Apr 22 3:40 pm

Laws & Legislation > Low income/unemployed people and pets
Gigi

Purred: Mon Apr 11, '11 11:23am PST 
I've read though the posts and from what I can see almost everyone is in agreement that you shouldn't have more pets then you can afford no matter what income you are and you should care for your pets. Agreed
I just don't like the blanket statement of some people who say that low income people shouldn't have pets because it's a luxury. I'd consider a pet more along the lines of a necessity, especially if your life isn't going well. My animals are the reason I get up in the morning and make me think about someone other then myself, they comfort me when I'm sick and I'll let you know when things where extremely bad for us and we lost our electricity for 2 weeks playing with our cats and dogs was our entertainment. You can have hours of entertainment with a cat, a flashlight and a paper bag.
They are well fed and well cared for and the people who say low income shouldn't have pets are living under the assumption that if they didn't have pets the low income people would get back on their feet and wouldn't be poor anymore. laugh out loud Seriously, that's not the case.
The problem with the statement of "Low Income people shouldn't have pets" is that there is only two options when in fact it's full of shades of gray.
[notify]

» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Kizmet, Oct 21 6:13 pm

Laws & Legislation > Low income/unemployed people and pets

Dr. House

OBEY!

Purred: Tue Mar 29, '11 5:14am PST 
If you can provide vet care and take care of there needs- Income doesn't matter. I've met people who have plenty of money who don't love, care for or give a damn about there cats. I helped rescue a cat from under a guys car who lived in a exclusive neighborhood whos cat had two broken and infected legs with maggots and puss in it. It also had feluke. He called me to say I had 1hr to get it before he decided to drown it.
I've also met homeless people with cats who adore there animals and find every way possible to take good care of them. A cat doesn't need a $300 cat tree to be happy or a expensive food to feel loved. Nor do they need a bunch of expensive toys (my cat loves a paper bag)
We've been hit very hard by the recession and have had to go to the food bank and also get financial help. But anymore so, there is plenty of assistance for low income people and there pets. The food bank gives food and supplies, the shelter gives out supplies and vaccinations and the city and shelters offer free spaying and neutering. People who are anti-low income people having pets have no idea what they are talking about when they assume more money= better care.
[notify]

» There has since been 40 posts. Last posting by Kizmet, Oct 21 6:13 pm

Laws & Legislation > NEW Excuse for Michael Vick and dog fighting....

Dr. House

OBEY!

Purred: Tue Mar 29, '11 4:56am PST 
What this writer doesn't realize is that Pit bulls weren't bred for fighting but a variety of tasks but mostly in the use by butchers for helping slaughter cows and in fact in Victorian England they were nicknamed 'Nanny Dogs' because they were bought to help care for children and keep them safe when parents weren't around. In some versions of Peter Pan illustrations, Nana appears as a Staffordshire terrier (not a pit bull, but in the bully family).
I think it's BS that this writer seems to talk about dog fighting like a great Gladiator battle. These dogs are abused, neglected and are physically and psychologically- a mess. I've met so many scarred up ex-dogfighter pits who are actually very dog friendly and would rather play and cuddle then fight. It's the people that enjoy it, Never the dogs.
Pitbulls have such a bad rap when most pit bulls are actually gentle and loyal.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by kaya skye, Mar 29 6:23 am

Laws & Legislation > Bill to shoot feral cats is passed in Utah. :(

Dr. House

OBEY!

Purred: Tue Mar 29, '11 4:35am PST 
>>a large glut of people who take pleasure in animal cruelty and will interpret the law as they see fit as the State's blessing to skin alive, torture, and kill with agony homeless cats and kittens. They will also kill them with bow hunting, which is extremely agonizing and slow.

Gene Baierschmidt, Executive Director of the Humane Society of Utah believes that the bill will be a huge mistake and will only, "open the door for a lot of abuse to take place."
[notify]

» There has since been -2 posts. Last posting by Dr. House, Mar 29 4:35 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.