Postings by Princess Antonia Llwellyn of K's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 102: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Lost in grief and consumed with guilt...
Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Sun Oct 12, '14 11:12am PST 
Dear Flo's daddy,

I would like to take the time to reply to you personally, and hope you are still around to read this-as I know it's been difficult for many to get onto Catster.

Ruffy's mom here,

Your post hurt my heart. Firstly, it sounds like you really went through a great deal. Please know you did all you could for your beloved Flo. Sometimes, things happen that even very good vets have a time figuring out.

Two, please understand that what you have gone through is very traumatic and sad. Flo was a young cat, who might have had things going on for awhile you weren't aware of. She might have had this going on when it wasn't evident, and you didn't see it becuase cats are so good at hiding things.

That said, losing a cat, being with them during euthanasia is life changing. I'd like to share something with you.

Last week, we had to do this for our beloved Ruffy. To tell you that Ruffy was old, very old doesn't matter. Ruffy was my husband's cat. He was, and remains a larger than life part of mine.

I wasn't afraid, I was incredibly sad. I still am.

But Ruffy had been very very ill for 3 weeks, deteriorating little by little. Age and an unknown illness crept up, taking more and more from him.

The night we went to the vet, I asked if there was another miracle he could pull off. He told me, sadly, that he had tried everyhting. I got the diagnosis of full blown feline aids combined with advanced old age.

We spent some time together, and our wonderful vet waited for my hsuband to get off work and come to us. In the meanwhile, Ruffy and I spent time together in a nice warm room, he on a comfortable blanket under a heat lamp, and me holding him.

When he went, I had been afraid of how I'd feel, but I was ok. I could, it may sound strange to you-I felt Ruffy 'whoosh' up and out and I felt a part of me sad, and another of intense joy because Ruffy had left behind a body he couldn't use-but he was still Ruffy-and very much himself and alive-just not in the beloved form we had come to know.

Its so sad to lose someone we love so, and it's harder when we have to be the ones to assist them to leave. But it's the most unselfish thing we can do, and love that begins with that knowing and trust is always laced with the 'what ifs'.

I will tell you something-everything you did, you did with love. You were with your girl for her whole life, and that in itself is wonderful and a blessing.

A few months ago, we lost a beloved foster kitten-and I felt terrible grief and anguish. What if I had seen it sooner, what if I had spent more money trying to save her, well, when I took in my next litter of kittens, I was terrified.

But knock wood, they are ok. And my Bethany is...yes...too. I don't kwnow why she was here for such a short time, but maybe, it was for us to learn that love dances on in another form.

Some gentle advice-don't keep it in. Cry, rage, and let it out-we who love those fey, gentle souls experience truly the divine-and touch perhaps all that is sacred with the purrs left in our hearts.

Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to talk more, and know that though Catster is still a bit out of sorts, we are all here for you.

love and light,
Ruffy's mom,
Deb
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Zack Beloved Angel (1995-2009), Oct 18 5:46 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > The Parting Glass-Orange Ruffy -Oct 7, 2014
Orange Ruffy

Purred: Sun Oct 12, '14 10:49am PST 
Dear Folks and Furrs-this is from my Diary, but wanted all to know....
I've left my body and am fine. I had a peaceful, and uneventful journey. I got to spend alot of time with mommy and some time with daddy-it's never enough time-before I left last night.

My good vet-and he was very good-and kind-told Mommy that he believed I was older than thought-my nails were those of a 'very old cat'.

His diagnosis was full blown feline aids syndrome. He said my immune system, even with all they were doing did not respond and it should have-they had me on medicines they give cats with cancer and I simply could not fight any longer.

I was tired.

Since Daddy had to come from work to be with me, they put mommy and me in another room. There was a nice heat lamp set up and a warm blanket, as well as my own. I didn't try to get away, once I saw mommy was there with me, her face close to mine I reached up and held her hand as we talked-and we did. She knew this was my decision-she and daddy had given me all the natural life I could have and it was a very good life. Not bad for a cat who came in from the cold.

Daddy came eventually. He held me and loved me. I did my best to let him know that I was fine, and not afraid. I was so tired and I told him we'd see each other again. Daddy cried and held me and I let him cry. He has always known me as his special cat.

When the time came, I was very cooperative. I didn't feel pain, I really did leap up and out and mommy said afterward she felt so light-because I was with her and let her know that I was fine.

I'm a very special cat, a Fetch, a Spirit who is a Guiding spirit, and so...but I won't say more here. Many of us are-this is the nature of cats.

I know my Clowder will be fine, and I'll look in on them. As for me, well, I'm going to firstly have a discomfort free nap, and then I'm going to go on about the cat business of being me-I'm always me. I'll probably soak up some sun and meet with those who have gone before me.

And I'll be around-never fear. I retain the title of Catster's Warrior Poet.

I will be watching over those who need it-never fear-and I love you all...

'and since it falls into my lot
that I should rise and you should not-
I gently rise and softly call
Goodnight and joy be too you all'.

love and light always,
Ruffy
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Apollo (In Memory), Oct 26 8:34 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Bindi left us suddenly today :(

Orange Ruffy

Purred: Sun Oct 12, '14 10:43am PST 
We just saw this and wanted to say were were sorry-this happened to our Natalie, and it really is shocking and upsetting. Purrs and much much love.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Orange Ruffy, Oct 12 10:43 am

Cat Health > Looking to Adopt a FIV+ Cat!

Orange Ruffy

Purred: Mon Jul 22, '13 7:27pm PST 
Hi!
Ruffy here, and my brofur Smokie and I are both FIV+, as is my little sisfur, Princess Antonia.

Listen, Smokie and I have health issues, but no more so than many older cats. And Princess has never been ill, except for a cold once. she got antibiotics and is fine.

I do all the things cats without FIV+ do. I sleep and eat. I love chicken. (got any chicken?). I sleep some more. I play. I eat more chicken. I go to the box. I sleep again. I search for chicken.

Seriously, we're fine. While we can get some 'opportunistic' illnesses, we also may not. Some of us never do. Many cats get sick without being FIV+ at all, so there is no guarantee that any 'non' FIV cat will never have a health problem.

Tell you mom to read up on FIV+. It's not like the HIV virus at all. Many of us never manifest a single symptom and live long healthy lives. My vet beleives, incidently, my health issues have come from years of rough living outside. Now that I'm 'safe' I hopefully will never have another health issue.

We're here if you need to speak with us-and as you can see, there are many of us here!

we hope you do get this little cat...purrs and all the best...

love,
Ruffy
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by River, Jul 23 3:18 pm

Behavior & Training > Help my mommy please?

Orange Ruffy

Purred: Mon Jun 3, '13 7:01am PST 
Firstly: Deep breath...

When cats come into new homes, it takes awhile for them to really become themselves, get used to the people around them, and the home. It sounds to me that alot is being expected of a cat, who has her own needs and wants, and simply may not be ready to be what you expect them to be.

When we meet potential 'Forever' pawrents, the first thing we say is 'understand, what you see here, may not happen with you-at least not right away'. All cats need an adjustment time-cats bond to their environments as much as to their people. They don't act the same way with people-some cats behave very differently in different homes.

I am going to probably sound slightly hard here, but I'm going to say this: this kitty might well be one that needs the comfort and social atmosphere of other animals-and she sounds as though she's very, very bored. A cat isn't a stuffed toy, to be expected to sit on your lap all day! There are cats that will, but again, lap sitting may be something that happens with time and trust. There are things you can do to work on the relationship-and yep, it's a relationship like any other!

1) Spend time playing with your cat! Get a wand toy, get a toy with feathers on the end and spend time playing!!!
2) Catnip toys are good! Don't take them away! Cats need stimulation and need to keep from getting bored!In a home with other animals she had alot of stimulation and here she sounds as though she doesn't, that she's expected to sleep on the bed with you and thats about it....she needs lots and lots of interaction, but in a way that will make her feel a part of your life. Play with her-toss them for her, let her know you want to interact!
3) A good, sturdy cat tree near a window. Again....this is about her needs...and she needs to be a cat...looking out a window is something all my cats love to do! It's usually a big part of their morning routine, watching birds, watching squirrels, watching other things outside.

Affection, lap sititng, seeking you out...it's a part of building trust. She sounds bored and stressed, and again, cats pick up on your mood, your anxiety and your tension. It sounds like you're expecting quite a bit from her, and she hasn't found her feet yet. She may well be missing her foster family and what she knew at their home. I don't know how long you've had her, but again, all relationships take time to build.

If you don't feel that you're the right now, talk with the rescue and the foster mom if you can. They may be able to give you some guidance.

All the best,
Mom to Ruffy, Natalie, Smokieboo, Princess, CK Angel Ryder, Midnight, Calvin and Paws
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Orange Ruffy, Jun 3 7:01 am

Get Well Soon > The New Home of Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs
Orange Ruffy

Purred: Mon Jun 3, '13 6:41am PST 
Purring for Charlie, and his family.
[notify]

» There has since been 338 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Sun 9:15 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I can't handle this...

Orange Ruffy

Purred: Mon May 27, '13 7:02am PST 
Dear Luna's mom,
You know, you were the best for her. You loved her and gave her a wonderful kind and loving home. We, as cats, don't know 'time'. We know warm naps in the sun, playing with our toys, sitting in boxes and being loved.
Time to us is you and love and all the wonders of home.
Luna had that.
I sit up on my hinds, and salute you dear human. You are and will furever be loved.

Ruffy
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by IMO (Gone to the Rainbow brid, Jun 9 2:06 pm

Get Well Soon > Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs

Orange Ruffy

Purred: Thu Apr 25, '13 6:52am PST 
Purrs for all....
[notify]

» There has since been -19912.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Cat Health > my sweet kitten is gone

Orange Ruffy

Purred: Thu Apr 25, '13 6:46am PST 
...may the road rise up to meet you...
may the wind blow softly at your back
may the sun shine warm upon your face
and til we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of his hand'

Dear Mom to Mutzi,

As cats, we don't fear the beyond, we live day to day, and appreciate and love each moment. When the time comes to leap the divide, we know you are there, and as we turn back with a last purr, our souls link forever, and we leave our pawprint on your heart.

it's not the number of breaths you take...but the number that take your breath away. Your dear little one had that...and purrs and pats you gently from just beyond....don't grieve too much...she's close by watching over you.

love and light,
Ruffy
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bowski, Apr 25 6:11 pm

Get Well Soon > Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs
Orange Ruffy

Purred: Mon Apr 22, '13 6:08am PST 
Purrs for Midnight. Purrs for all in need, in Chicago, in Texas, and in Boston.
[notify]

» There has since been -19900.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

(Page 1 of 102: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.