Postings by Eko's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 20: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  

Food & Nutrition > Petsmart Coupon - 15% off Entire Purchase
Eko

Mr. Eko - dark, but- good-hearted

Purred: Tue Sep 18, '12 2:48pm PST 
They e-mailed us the coupon so I guess I don't need to worry about where to find it on the website. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Ashlynne, Sep 24 7:04 pm

Food & Nutrition > Petsmart Coupon - 15% off Entire Purchase
Eko

Purred: Mon Sep 17, '12 12:08pm PST 
Thanks. This could be helpful because we might make a big purchase there soon. I'm not seeing where to go on the website for the coupon, though...what should I click on?
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Ashlynne, Sep 24 7:04 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Introducing Lucy

Lucy

Purred: Wed Sep 12, '12 12:08pm PST 
Eko, Emily and Leo have a new older sister, Lucy. She has been with us for a little over a month. We've been fostering her with the intent to adopt, trying to get her healthy enough to meet our other cats. Well about a week ago she left her isolation room and has made friends with all of them. She comes home today after some major dental surgery and the hisses will probably start again. But we'll let her recover in her old isolation room. We have notified the shelter that we are officially adopting her. Yay! Just wanted to share the happy news.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tigger, Sep 12 1:58 pm

Behavior & Training > Cat introductions

Leo

purrrr

Purred: Thu Aug 30, '12 4:10pm PST 
I've never had this exact thing happen, of course. But we have been through a few introductions and I don't think anything is "ruined." I'd maybe back up a step and keep going slow. It sounds like you are doing a great job.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Leo, Aug 30 4:10 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > should I choose a 1 yr old or a kitten?

Leo

purrrr

Purred: Thu Aug 30, '12 2:41pm PST 
There are so many dynamics involved in how well Daniel would accept the new cat or kitten. If you feel a connection with the one yr old and she has a reputation of getting along with other cats, I'd go for it. (I'd just make sure she doesn't get along with them by totally dominating them....might not be a good mixture with Daniel.) We just decided to foster (and hopefully adopt) a 6 yr old female cat. It is amazing how non-threatening she is to the other cats. She just wants to be friends. Kittens have a reputation for being a non-threatening choice but in our case an adult is probably just as good.

Of course the big advice you will read is go slow with the introductions, whatever the age of the newbie. Good luck with the decision.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Daniel, Sep 8 3:13 pm

Kitten Corner > Welcome Shiva!
Emily

Don't pet, play!

Purred: Mon Aug 20, '12 2:59pm PST 
Shiva, you are too cute! Welcome!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Muffy, Aug 20 3:26 pm

Cat Health > Regurgitating food

Leo

purrrr

Purred: Sat Aug 18, '12 3:04pm PST 
Yes, after over a year of living here and never throwing up, Leo here started doing the exact same thing as your kitty, exactly twice a week. He showed no other signs of illness. When it lasted over a month I figured it couldn't be a hairball. We went to the vet, who suggested a special food. But I wanted to try slowing him down some first. For him, slowing him down has done the trick. Poor thing....I pretty much just can't give him his favorite flavors anymore. He gobbles them down too fast. But, he likes the other things he eats too. I also adjusted his meal times a bit so he wouldn't be so hungry and wouldn't be served as much at one time.

If I thought the food was the issue, I wouldn't have used the food the vet recommended. I would have researched how to do an "elimination diet" which means eliminating certain things one at a time until you find what in the food they are reacting to.

A trip to the vet is a good idea, of course.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Alex (sweet angel girl), Aug 19 12:55 pm

Cat Health > our kitten has uri..anyone's else?

Eko

Purred: Thu Aug 16, '12 11:45am PST 
I'd find the least dusty litter you can. We recently switched because of dust and have found Cat's Pride Fresh and Light Fragrance Free to be low dust. Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Ultra is also low dust.

Eko here is has kitty cold (uri) flare ups and we think he has the feline herpes virus dormant in his system, as many cats do. This led us to discover the l-lysine supplement (our vet recommended it.) It helps fight off the viruses that cause kitty colds. You can google "l-lysine supplement for cats" and find powders, gels and treats. We use a powder we order from amazon and the kitties love it sprinkled on their food.

Good luck. Hope the little one feels better soon.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Pippie, Aug 16 1:21 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > The Best Cat Litter?

Eko

Purred: Tue Jul 24, '12 11:00am PST 
Tons of people swear by Dr Elseys Precious Cat. We tried it once, thought it was okay but not 100% on the odor control, but now we are trying it again because of its great reputation for being dust free. In our other box we are trying Cat's Pride Fresh and Light fragrance free because we also read that it works great and has little to no dust. The verdict is still out on both because they are mixed with our old litter right now. No complaints so far.

Our old litter was Fresh Step Multi-cat Unscented Scoopable. We LOVED everything about it but the dust started getting to us. The odor control was so good I could go 2 months without dumping the boxes (we keep them scooped and spot cleaned well.) Even after 2 months they were odor free and I probably could have gone longer but didn't want to push it.
[notify]

» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Jan 21 8:03 am

Cats and a Clean Home > So, this is a question about clumping clay litter.
Eko

Purred: Fri May 18, '12 12:01pm PST 
We also had that problem with Dr. Elseys but have not had as much problem with other clumping litters. The Elseys was especially cement like. I've found, no matter how much I put (and we do 3-4 inches deep) they will pee near the sides so clumps will stick a bit. Tidy Cat and Fresh Step (we use the unscented) both released much easier from the side of the box. We also read a tip to bang on the outside of the box where the clump is to make it release rather than trying to scoop it off. They are much less likely to break that way.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sep 2 9:31 pm

(Page 1 of 20: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.