Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Food & Nutrition > Recommendations?
Kit Kat

curiosity never- hurt me!

Purred: Tue Feb 14, '12 8:17pm PST 
Wow, I haven't been on here in forever! Hi everyone!

Our local Petco has stopped stocking the bigger cans of Holistic Selects food (my babies were big fans of the Duck and Chicken recipes). We stocked up but it seems like we're running low. We have a few cans of Before Grain (I wish they made a bigger cans) as well but I'm hoping you guys can help me figure out which healthy grain free food (in large cans) to buy my babies.

I hope that made sense. Thanks for your help!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 14 8:46 pm

Cat Health > A Fountain for Christmas! (what should we get?)
Allie Kat

the world is my- play thing

Purred: Mon Nov 28, '11 6:32am PST 
Yay! I tell all my friends with kitties to get a fountain and I definitely agree with the kitty above who suggested stainless steel or ceramic. We had a plastic one and it gave Allie Kat a serious case of cat acne. That said, we got this ceramic one from petco which they all like:

http://www.petco.com/product/112616/Petco-Premium-Ceramic-C at-Fountain.aspx?CoreCat=firstinresult_catfountainsAugPRESS
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 28 6:32 am

Cats and a Clean Home > I'm getting a kitten (for my 13 year old daughter)....and I am clueless

Kit Kat

Purred: Sat Nov 5, '11 1:39pm PST 
Welcome (or soon to be welcome) to the exciting world of cats! First, as it has been said please be sure you want a cat and can care for a cat. Cats not only live for about 20 years but they also have habits that cause some heartless people to throw cats out on the street or take them to the shelter.

I was never much of an animal person but somehow I ended up with three cats and they meow, scratch, bite, climb, run, chew on basically anything that catches their attention. laugh out loud That said, I love my little fur babies even when they step all over me demanding food at 6am (not a morning person at all).

Might I suggest getting a slightly older cat (maybe one/two yrs old) they'll still have their kitten energy but their personalities will be fully developed and if you adopt, the people will be able to pick a cat based on your family activity level.

Litter box: I suggest going to Wal-mart and getting a storage/tote bun for a litter box. It is bigger and MUCH cheaper than the boxes sold at pet stores.

Cats also love high places so you might want to clear out anything breakable on shelves and whatnot.

Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 5 1:39 pm

Food & Nutrition > Water Fountains

Allie Kat

Purred: Sun Sep 4, '11 9:06am PST 
The water fountain is a big hit in our place. We had a Drinkwell plastic fountain which Kit Kat eventually stopped drinking from and it gave Allie a case of kitty acne.

A few months ago we bought a large ceramic one and it's great. It's heavy so the fur babies can't tip it over, it's easier to clean, Allie's acne is gone and it's big enough that all three of the fur babies can drink from it at the same time.

I highly recommend water fountains.
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Oct 15 4:59 pm

Food & Nutrition > I got my free treats!

Catastrophe

I may be tiny- but I run- things!

Purred: Tue Aug 30, '11 1:13pm PST 
I got my free sample on Friday. As soon as I opened the box, the fur babies went crazy! They absolutely love it. We have to keep it inside the box otherwise they stand at the door where we keep the treats and alternate between sniffing the door and giving me and the bf those Puss in Boots eyes.

So far we tried Lamb, Chicken and Salmon.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 30 2:42 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Litter Boxes ( Yes, size matters)
Kit Kat

Purred: Wed Aug 24, '11 3:39am PST 
Kit-Kat never liked small boxes so we got something similar to the PetCo litter box linked above except it's curved. Once we expanded our little cat family, we bought big storage/tote bins from Walmart. We just bought a big one that fits two cats (Allie, for some reason, jumps in with the cats sometimes. She helps them bury the poops laugh out loud) And it was just $6.00!

The PetCo one is now under the sink in the bathroom.

I tried the cooking spray (which I learned from this very website) and it works great!
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Jan 24 10:40 am

Food & Nutrition > Most nutritious dry cat food?

Allie Kat

Purred: Mon Aug 15, '11 12:57pm PST 
We love Before Grain (wet and dry)!
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Aug 18 1:21 pm

Kitten Corner > When do I start wearing a collar?

Kit Kat

Purred: Wed Aug 10, '11 7:52pm PST 
All three of us wears a collar. Mommy changes it often because she likes an excuse to buy us cute things. It took Cat awhile to get use to having one on. I had one from the day after dad brought me home (I was about 4 months) and now when Mommy takes off my collar, I just sit patiently and wait to put it on then I gets a treat. My sisters caught on and now they all let Mom put on the collar with the bells and a tag. We're all chipped and indoor only cats but she likes the added protection.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Aug 15 6:50 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > New ideas for litter box cover

Catastrophe

I may be tiny- but I run- things!

Purred: Sat Jul 30, '11 12:52pm PST 
I have a litter box in the bedroom too. I use the Arm and Hammer litter box deodorizer as well and I have a one of those Glade plug ins smile
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 30 12:52 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Litter box suggestions?
Kit Kat

Purred: Sat Jul 30, '11 12:44pm PST 
All of my kitties (especially Kit-Kat) tend to kick litter out of the box so we ended up buying a storage bin from Walmart and just using that. Works great. It's big, spacious, cheaper and litter barely gets out (well, it does sometimes but it's better than the other two we have here.)
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Aug 2 5:36 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.