Postings by Lucy's Family

GO!

Choosing the Right Cat > Why Do People Go To Breeders?

Lucy

Super Tabby!

Purred: Tue Nov 23, '10 2:18am PST 
I guess I just don't get it. There are millions of homeless kittens in shelters, rescues, and on the street. I found Lucy as a stray kitten. Why would anybody want to buy a genetically modified cat when they could get a wonderful cat and save a life. I'm not necessarily bashing breeders, but I just don't get it. I feel especially bad for cats like Persians and Exotics who faces are flat, or Munchkins, who can have terrible health problems that can lead to death. I just don't get why people are breeding these cats.
[notify]

» There has since been 116 posts. Last posting by Juliette, Mar 28 2:16 am

Kitten Corner > Is He Still a Kitten?
Daniel

Cream Ginger- Tabby - Yummy!

Purred: Tue Nov 23, '10 2:11am PST 
I'm wondering is Daniel is still considered a kitten, or if he is a grown kitty now. He is 16 months old and still acts like a kitten. It's hard to think of him as an adult, since I've had him since he was only 10 weeks old. He wasn't even eating solid food when I brought him home - last people didn't wean. I remember having to mix kitten milk replacer in with kibble every four hours for him! Also, he is eating Evo Turkey and Chicken. Is this a good diet for a cat his age?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ninja, Nov 23 4:42 pm

Behavior & Training > Attention-Seeking Behavior

Ervin

Purred: Tue Nov 23, '10 2:06am PST 
Ervin is excessively vocal. It is becoming a behavioral problem. He howls in the middle of the night like he is lost! He will also beg for food at the dinner table. He paws my arm constantly while I'm eating. If I don't give him a piece of my food he meows constantly until I give in. He has also taken to eating things like string! I've also noticed Ervin scratching at the blinds, which he has never done before. I'm worried that he is stressed. We did recently move to a new house, so I'm thinking that may be the reason. What can I do?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Monster, Dec 9 1:47 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Chicken Stew

Jeanette

Tortie Baby

Purred: Tue Nov 23, '10 1:51am PST 
I want to add some variety to my cats' diet and was thinking of making a chicken stew for my cats. After reading some posts on here, I think I came up with a good recipe. I'm going to use ground chicken (with bone), chicken livers, chicken gizzards, pumpkin seeds, and cranberries. Would this be nutritionally complete? I don't plan on using it as an exclusive diet, but I thought they would like to have some variety in their diet. Jeanette loves boiled chicken breast!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by BK, Nov 23 4:12 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > World's Best Cat Litter

Jeanette

Tortie Baby

Purred: Tue Nov 23, '10 1:34am PST 
Is this a good litter to use? I need to find a different litter because our current litter is bothering Jeanette's asthma. I'm currently using Feline Fresh Natural Pine. I saw a commercial about World's Best Cat Litter and I thought it might be worth a change. I've also read about Dr. Elsey's, but I don't know if that would be okay for a cat with asthma. I'm also looking at Swheat Scoop. Which would be best? Swheat Scoop is the cheapest, but I need to make sure it is worth buying and will not bother asthma.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Isabelle, Nov 23 5:17 pm

Raw Food Diet > Whole Frozen Mice
Jeanette

Tortie Baby

Purred: Tue Nov 23, '10 1:28am PST 
Can I feed my cats whole frozen mice from PetCo? I actually thought about it today, but I didn't get any. My cats are currently eating EVO Turkey and Chicken, but I was thinking this could be a nice treat once in a while. The mice are VERY expensive and I couldn't afford to do it more than once a week if I do a mouse for each cat. I just need to make sure it is safe, first. I don't want to give my kitties anything that isn't safe for them, since Jeanette has asthma and anxiety issues and Lydia is diabetic and has urinary problems.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Noodle, Nov 30 8:13 am

Food & Nutrition > EVO Turkey and Chicken

Jeanette

Tortie Baby

Purred: Tue Nov 23, '10 1:24am PST 
I've been feeding EVO Turkey and Chicken exclusively to my cats. I want to know if this is a good diet? I use to feed Royal Canin Urinary SO from the vet because of Lydia's urinary problems, but since switching to EVO she hasn't had a relapse of her UTI or bladder stones. I'm just worried that EVO may be too high in protein, fat, calories, etc. Or is an all dry diet not a good idea? Before Royal Canin Urinary SO my cats ate Purina Vet Diet Diabetic from the vet. Lydia is diabetic, but has been weaned off her daily insulin shots and is now taking a pill once a day.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Shadow, Nov 23 10:31 am

Cat Health > Unusually-Colored Mucus

Jeanette

Tortie Baby

Purred: Tue Nov 23, '10 1:16am PST 
Jeanette has been producing a very unusual-colored mucus from her mouth. It is green and yellow in color with some blood in it. It started when she had her first asthma attack. She was only a kitten and I rushed her to the emergency vet. They told me it was hereditary. I have an inhaler for her that I keep on my nightstand at all times. Recently she has been hyperventilating from anxiety (according to the vet) for reasons I still don't know. I have to shut her mouth and put my hand over her nose to keep her from breathing for a little bit, let her breath, and then do it again until she calms down. Anyway, recently, I've noticed mucus coming from her mouth that is green/yellow/red in color when she has her asthma attacks or her anxiety episodes. I don't know if I should take her to the vet or if this is normal.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Finnegan (Finney), Nov 23 8:42 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.