Postings by Mimi (MimiWowow)'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Food & Nutrition > Can't afford canned food anymore... $60/monthly budget to feed 3 cats, help?
Mimi- (MimiWowow)

I have a new- sister named- Caroline!

Purred: Tue Aug 14, '12 9:23pm PST 
I have had my two rescue cats for almost two years now, and I am all for wet high quality food/raw diet. I also have had financial restraints, and my cats have often eaten better than me. My one cat had a liver problem earlier this year, so eating was an issue. I have thrown out so much wet food that the cats didn't like or they lapped up all the gravy or water I put in. I have given away tons of cans of food that used to be their favorite. Much of this food was high end quality expensive food.

Well. I cannot afford this anymore. My one cat will eat certain flavors of Dave's, canned Chicken Soup for the Soul, Wellness, certain flavors of Natural Balance, Fancy Feast, Friskies, and most fish flavored cat foods (don't like her having). I am only buying what I can afford that she will definitely eat - Dave's, Friskies, Fancy Feast, etc. Does this make me a bad cat mom? Don't think so.

If my cat is not eating, will I offer her dry? You betcha. A junky dry food like Hills Science Diet, Special Kitty, or Meow Mix if she really won't eat. Yup. If I have to work all weekend for overtime to make ends meets or stay at my mom's to care for her after surgery they get dry out of the autofeeder. Do I feel guilty? Yes but the cats and I need to survive.

During these times I think everyone is trying to multitask and money will only scretch so far. The shelters are overflowing. Do the best you absolutely can for your cat. Offer fresh water and the best food you can.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Scooter, Aug 29 11:12 pm

Food & Nutrition > Purina **IS NOT** Buying Blue Buffalo!
Mimi- (MimiWowow)

Purred: Sat Jun 23, '12 4:36am PST 
Good to know Bumpurr that you are familiar with the company. I like their products. Unfortunately, my cats go on strike sometimes and refuse to eat their canned Blue Wilderness - like now.

I don't like to feed dry, but when my other cat Caroline (history of liver problems) won't eat canned I must give her dry. Wellness Core usually ends up to be cheaper in my area than BW even after the occasional coupon they throw out there.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 1 2:14 pm

Food & Nutrition > New Fancy Feast Mornings canned food

Mimi- (MimiWowow)

Purred: Mon Jun 18, '12 8:03pm PST 
We will be skipping unless we are given coupons to make the food free or very cheap. I only buy the classic(no fish)flavors of Fancy Feast unless one of my babies is sick or is having a hard time eating.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Jul 5 12:54 pm

Food & Nutrition > Hero is on a hunger strike over Weruva; extremely frusterated!

Mimi- (MimiWowow)

Purred: Sat Jun 2, '12 2:22am PST 
Found my answer on another thread. Doubt my cats would be found of this food as they are not fans of Weruva in general. Bummer.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mimi (MimiWowow), Jun 2 2:22 am

Food & Nutrition > Hero is on a hunger strike over Weruva; extremely frusterated!

Mimi- (MimiWowow)

Purred: Sat Jun 2, '12 2:18am PST 
Are any of these in a pate? Mimi & Caroline often leave the chunky pieces behind, and just lick up the gravy/juice. It says they are in a gelee or gravy, but foods sometimes have odd descriptions.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mimi (MimiWowow), Jun 2 2:22 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Bumpurr 10/18/06 - 4/13/12
Mimi- (MimiWowow)

Purred: Tue Apr 17, '12 3:57pm PST 
I am so sorry to hear about Bumpurr. I am shocked and saddened to hear about his sudden passing. *hugs*

Julie & the cats - Mimi & Caroline
[notify]

» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by Baron, Jul 1 6:27 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Sneakers needs your prayers/well wishes as he crosses the Rainbow Bridge

Buster- (1996-2010)- RIP

$17 cat turned- into $500+ cat

Purred: Thu Apr 5, '12 4:36pm PST 
Waiting for you Sneakers big hughug
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Zoey, Apr 10 4:17 pm

Cat Health > Bladder tumor discovered and dying :-(

Mimi- (MimiWowow)

Purred: Tue Apr 3, '12 6:34pm PST 
I am so sorry for your loss.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Angel Soc Dreamboat #56, Apr 4 1:52 pm

Cat Health > Roundworms in vomit! GAH!

Mimi- (MimiWowow)

Purred: Mon Apr 2, '12 7:30pm PST 
I, Mimi, surprised my mom by vomiting a roundworm last year. I had been wormed by the shelter before I was adopted, and I am strictly an indoor kitty now. Over the counter medications do not work well as you usually need 2 doses. One to kill the worms and another 2 weeks later to kill any eggs/larvae. My mom got some pills from the vet for my sister and me. We share the same litter box, groom each other, and I eat food out of her bowl, so she probably had worms too. Two weeks later, mom brought my poop in to be tested, and they said I had no more worms. Please get medication from the vet. The fact that you are vomiting worms means they are starting to move into other areas of your body other than your GI tract i.e. lungs.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Monster, Apr 6 10:28 am

Food & Nutrition > not all grain free is created equal
Mimi- (MimiWowow)

Purred: Tue Mar 20, '12 6:46pm PST 
I bought the SD grain free only because of a coupon and a free rebate. I am NOT a big fan of SD and usually buy Wellness, Before Grain. I try not to feed my cats too much dry. One cat becomes an addict, the other had serious health issues earlier this year, and I had to feed her what she would eat (sometimes dry).
Anyway, Mimi-the dry addict-would not eat the SD food.big laughCaroline, the other cat, ate it just fine. Mimi will eat her wet food now!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Apr 9 2:28 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.