Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Cat Health > Back Twitches
Pandora

The Goddess

Purred: Thu Nov 24, '11 2:17pm PST 
Hey everyone! I've looking around trying to find out why Pandora's back twitches a lot compared to other cats I've met. It was enough for my grandmother to comment on it (her having had several cats throughout her life). Of the research I've found, the main culprits seem to be fleas, something lightly touching her back, having to go to the litter box or feline hyperesthesia.

I know she doesn't have fleas, and her back twitches even if there nothing anywhere near her back. Hyperesthesia can definitely be ruled out since she shows no other signs nor does it seem that her skin is more sensitive, just her lower back is twitchy. Additionally, most of the time when her lower back twitches, she doesn't head for the litter box and she certainly doesn't leave little presents laying around.

Is there a possibility she's been injured at some point or is there anything I have to worry about? Or am I just being overprotective (which wouldn't surprise me red face)?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 25 6:10 am

Turkish Angora > Webbed toes..?
Louis

la panthère de- la maison-- RAWR!!

Purred: Mon Feb 14, '11 11:59pm PST 
A friend of friend of mama's 'confirmed' me being at least part Turkish Angora because of my webbing between my toes. While the ultra soft coat and undercoat, the long and longhaired tail, and general face shape seem to fit the bill, webbed toes? Mama's a little skeptical. Can some confirmed Turks enlighten her?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 14 11:59 pm

Who's Feeling Silly > Cat jokes!

Pandora

The Goddess

Purred: Mon Feb 14, '11 11:43pm PST 
Most people have probably already seen this, but I got it in an email, and it seems rather appropriate:

A dog thinks, "Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide
me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me. They
must be Gods!"

A cat thinks, "Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide
me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me. I must
be a God!"

----------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

*Entries in a Dog's Diary:*

7 am - Oh boy! A walk! My favorite!
8 am - Oh boy! Dog food! My favorite!
9 am - Oh boy! The kids! My favorite!
Noon - Oh boy! The yard! My favorite!
2 pm - Oh boy! A car ride! My favorite!
3 pm - Oh boy! The kids! My favorite!
4 pm - Oh boy! Playing ball! My favorite!
6 pm - Oh boy! Welcome home Mom! My favorite!
7 pm - Oh boy! Welcome home Dad! My favorite!
8 pm - Oh boy! Dog food! My favorite!
9 pm - Oh boy! Tummy rubs on the couch! My favorite!
11 pm -Oh boy! Sleeping in my people's bed! My favorite!

*Entries in a Cat's Diary:*

Day 183 of my captivity ... My captors continued to taunt me with
bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while
I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the
hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from clawing the furniture.

Tomorrow I may eat another house plant.

Today my attempt to kill my captors by winding around their feet while
they were walking almost succeeded. Must try this at the top of the stairs.

In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again
induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair. Must try this on their bed.

Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body in an attempt to
make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear in
their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little
cat I was. Hmmm, not working according to plan.

There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in
solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell
the food. More important, I overheard that my confinement was due to my
powers of inducing "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use
it to my advantage.

I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches.

The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is
obviously a half-wit.

The bird, on the other hand, has got to be an informant. She speaks with
them regularly. I am certain she reports my every move. Due to her
current placement in the metal container, her safety is assured.

But I can wait; it is only a matter of time.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jun 17 9:21 am

Cat Health > What is this? (picture; WARNING: not that pretty, best not to tread if slightly squeamish)

Pandora

The Goddess

Purred: Sun Dec 5, '10 5:54pm PST 
@Bumpurrr: Indeed that's it! I picked it since I was looking for a food that had meat as the first ingredient since I always heard that's what to get. Gosh, I didn't know all that! I thought all the food had gluten and grains in it. She was always fine on chow. Is the chow better? Just wait til I have to tell my step dad. oO

@Baby: That gives me hope that it can be cleared up soon.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 6 10:29 pm

Cat Health > What is this? (picture; WARNING: not that pretty, best not to tread if slightly squeamish)

Pandora

The Goddess

Purred: Sun Dec 5, '10 7:36am PST 
Her bowls are ceramic. We do have plastic bowls, but those are Louis', and I even watch them while they eat to make sure she doesn't eat out of his bowl since she can't handle his food (yet he seems to have a stomach of steel cast iron diamond o_O).

We've been switching her food, but it has been very gradual since we know she has kind of a sensitive stomach. Purina Cat Chow Complete Formula -> Purina Pro Plan Indoor

I've noticed she scooched around on the carpet twice. But I've only ever seen it twice, and they were times that were rather far apart, and only lasted for a second. The first time was when we first got her. The second time was maybe about a month ago.

Imma take make an appointment on Monday to take her to the vet. :o
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Dec 6 10:29 pm

Pandora

The Goddess

Purred: Sat Dec 4, '10 11:11pm PST 
I uploaded it to her profile page. I'm sorry if this is a lot of trouble, but thank you for your patience. I'm really freakin out OAO

I'm reading the article now.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Dec 6 10:29 pm

Pandora

The Goddess

Purred: Sat Dec 4, '10 10:55pm PST 
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/animehoshi/IMG00198-20101205- 0035.jpg

Hello! And of course! You have to take the space out after the hyphen when you paste it. The forum has been putting in spaces in the url for some reason. :
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Dec 6 10:29 pm

Pandora

The Goddess

Purred: Sat Dec 4, '10 10:49pm PST 
I've noticed this dark area under Pandora's chin about a week ago, and at first I thought she just got something on her fur. I could never get a good look at it since every time I tried to lift her chin or look under, she'd move and I could never really see it. But then just a few minutes ago, while napping beside me, she moved her head, and, for the first time, I could actually see it-- and it wasn't something stuck to her fur.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/animehoshi/IMG00198-20101 205-0035.jpg

(preview showed the picture, but it didn't post; it also keeps posting a space between the 1 and 2 in 20101205)

(edit: picture is on her profile page

WHAT IS THIS?!

Does anyone have any idea?? I'm very worried now and will make an appointment tomorrow or Monday (since it's kind of the middle of the night right now).

It's never seemed to bother her, but it looks really bad.
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Dec 6 10:29 pm

Cat Health > Should I go to a different vet?

Louis

Purred: Sun Oct 31, '10 3:13pm PST 
@Silver: Dear God, and they didn't tell the owner? D8

@BooBoo: I wasn't trying to start a debate, I wasn't claiming to be an expert, and I wasn't going to give a lecture. In fact, I just dropped the issue since I really didn't want to get into that, and just wanted to get to the issue at hand with Louis. I didn't even think about it since most vets don't declaw. It was when I saw the woman who was getting her cat declawed over her furniture that I was very surprised, and, being surprised, I asked the vet about it. I wasn't asking for a debate. I hate debating. Like I said, I understand declawing in extreme circumstances. It's the fact that he said it was more humane than not declawing them and that the other side of the issue was purely emotional, when that is not the case at all. In fact, his argument was the emotional one. This tells me that he's not very objective and prone to bad judgement calls, which, according to my friend, seems to be the case.

And when I asked about the vaccines, once again, I wasn't looking for a debate at all. I was really hoping he would explain it to me and, being a good doctor of anything, educate a client about something that's important. But he doesn't do that. He only becomes angry with me goes on about how I have to do everything he tells me to do, or I'm being an irresponsible pet owner. I wasn't educated about any decision, and only came out angry, put down, and not informed about anything.

Furthermore, he gave me the medicine after looking at Louis for all of 5 minutes, none of which he sneezed, coughed or did anything, nor did that vet check his breathing (as a different one did with Coco, and as my own doctor does with me). Additionally, all his numbers were normal; not even a fever. And he still says that if I don't give him the anti-biotics, I'm being irresponsible. I just asked him if he was sure he needed them, and he only grew more irritated.

That tells me he doesn't care about the animal. He just wants me in, out, pay the bill, and go home. More about the money than helping Louis and me.

I wasn't entirely sure what to make out of the situation at the time I posted it, which is why I did. Now that it's been a couple days, I've made up my mind completely that I'm going to a different vet, and feel awful that I should've done my research first since very few seem to like that one, and most pet owners talk about how he gets angry with them very easily. I did find a couple vets that I couldn't find anything negative about, and one of them even specializes in feline medicine.

However, whatever Louis had seems to have been viral anyway, and it's already passed. Since I keep them indoors the vast majority of the time, I doubt I'll have to worry about taking them to the vet much besides check-ups and such.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Nov 1 10:11 pm

Cat Health > Should I go to a different vet?
Louis

Purred: Fri Oct 29, '10 6:40pm PST 
Then I most definitely am going to shop around some more. I'm not taking them anywhere regularly to someone I wouldn't trust like my own doctor.

I was with a friend today who has owned her cat for four years, and I told her about what happened and I told her what vet it was, and she was like, "Oh, them..." She then proceeded to tell me about how they misdiagnosed her cat 6 times, none of the employees except one nurse explained anything, and some other things I can't quite remember, and that the only good thing about them was that the medicine there was affordable. I'm most definitely looking into other vets.

Thank you!!
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Nov 1 10:11 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.