Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

Behavior & Training > Meowing all night long
Tissue

Purred: Wed May 25, '11 8:33am PST 
Tissue and Sparks just moved into my apartment with me. I've been meaning to have them with me all last semester and they're finally here! After two days of hiding under the bed Tissue has made himself at home.

One really weird and INCREDIBLY annoying thing he's doing is meowing all through the night for pets. I have no idea whats wrong with him. I haven't given in because I don't want to encourage the behavior but I haven't gotten a wink of sleep the last two nights. And his crying is soo pitiful and he keeps it up for hours, stops for a bit and then starts up again.

This behavior is quite unusual for him. While he did go crying to my mother when he was at home at 5am every morning till she got up, he's never done it the whole night through.

I don't know what to do. I am so afraid he'll wake up my apartment mates. I know there's nothing wrong with him. He just wants pets every waking hour of his life. Its an addiction.

Is there anyway I can simply get him to shut up?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , May 28 7:51 am

Cats and a Clean Home > What would you recommend for a litterbox system?
Sparks

Purred: Mon May 23, '11 8:18pm PST 
I have the scoopfree and to share how wonderful it is: its been sitting in my little 10x12 apartment room and none of my apartment mates have complained about the smell when they walk and I ask them constantly. And between two cats one tray lasts us two months. The system is expensive but considering how well it works so worth the cost.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jun 16 12:15 pm

Cat Health > car oil/grease on my forehead

Tissue

Purred: Tue Apr 19, '11 7:00am PST 
So last night I door dashed but there was big doggie outside and I got scared and ran under mommy's car. Somehow, I crawled in somewhere and got this big blob of oil on my forehead and some on my body too. Mommy gave me a bath immediately after and got the oil off my body but the bit on my head barely budged.

Does anyone know if there's anyway to get it off? Mommy's afraid Sparks or I will get sick from licking it off or from it absorbing into my skin. Mommy's real worried.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Apr 19 6:30 pm

Food & Nutrition > Can a cat occasionally snack on some shredded cheese?

Tissue

Purred: Fri Mar 25, '11 3:02pm PST 
We love our cheese. Nom nom. Mommy gives us just a little bit of cheese every night. We just eat a lil bit of whatever she's eating. Since mommy doesn't like milk she eats cheese for calcium. We don't seem to be lactose intolerant or it could be that mommy doesn't give us enough. Its definitely not harmful to us and we luvvv it! You might be lactose intolerant though. If thats the case any cheese you eat would upset your tum tums
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Mar 25 6:28 pm

Cat Health > mental health - leave at home or not?

Tissue

Purred: Tue Mar 8, '11 12:05pm PST 
Update:

So I've talked to my apartment mates and we're going to see how the cats do over summer break when none of us have classes to worry about. I'm moving in early and doing a trial period with the kitties. If they can learn to sleep in my room at night and not meow everyone awake at 7am (instead just wake me up), then this could work. The litterbox, food, and their beds can stay in my room so they'll be good for the night. All their other toys and stuff can be anywhere in the apartment as long as I put the noisemaking stuff away before bedtime.

I really think this might work. And since we're college students its very likely that someone will be awake at any hour of the day so the cats won't need to meow someone awake for attention. Really its just tissue who feels that the humans should respond to his every beck and call no matter what time of the day.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 8 12:05 pm

Cat Health > 5 month old kitten limping? not moving? helpp
Tissue

Purred: Sat Feb 19, '11 7:11pm PST 
Hello Chloe

I think your baby has to see the vet. We can't help you here but it seems like she might have hurt herself. Without the proper exams and xrays and such its really hard to say what can be wrong.
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Feb 21 8:59 am

Tissue

Purred: Mon Feb 7, '11 2:06pm PST 
Thanks everyone for your responses. I lived in the dorms the first two years of college but when my mom lost her job I came back home. Its been really hard living with my mom again. I'm going to go ahead and live in that apartment next year. I want to enjoy my senior of college and get that full experience.

As for my furbabies, they will be in great hands and I will visit every Saturday. I will continue to buy their food and check on them to see if they need to go the vet or anything. They are both family pets and love hanging out with everyone in the family. They also love each other a lot more than they care for us humans so I wouldn't dare separate them. They aren't litter mates but they always hang out with each other. They literally will not stand being in separate rooms and will meow and claw the door down to get to each other.

The reason I felt that I deserved to get yelled at is that would you ditch your human children to go abroad for a year for example?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 8 12:05 pm

Tissue

Purred: Sun Feb 6, '11 11:24pm PST 
Hey Catsters

I'm in a dilemma and maybe its one of those things where I know what the right answer is but I just don't want to accept it. I'm in college right now but commuting from home. I have the opportunity to go live in an apartment for the next two semesters which will be my senior year with some of my friends. If I think of just myself this sounds like a lot of fun.

But I love my kitties babies and I would leave them for 4 mos, come back home for a month, and then leave them for 4 mos again. The 4 mos blocks being the school semester. I would visit them every weekend and spend a lot of time with them but I just don't know if this will be enough.

I understand that my babies are a responsibility like real children and so I don't want to just ditch them cause I want to go have fun for a year.They would be well taken care of at my home but I am just worried if they might get depressed or something. I am also worried that they might forget me and think of someone else in my family as their "meowma" and it will doubly difficult for them when I come back home after a year.

Please give me any advice and opinions you have, and don't worry about being nice. I want to do the best for my kitties.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Mar 8 12:05 pm

Cat Health > DID YOU KNOW THAT ALL THIS STUFF IS TOXIC TO CATS!

Tissue

Purred: Wed Jan 26, '11 9:56pm PST 
Omg fellow catsters this thread has been so informative. Mommy would let me lick and eat the few potato chip crumbles cause she thought such a little amount couldn't upset my tum tum. We never thought potatas can be poisonous.

We'll just stick to bits of cheese.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 29 8:39 am

Food & Nutrition > 9 Month old Kitten 12lbs - Switch to HALO?
Tissue

Purred: Sat Jan 8, '11 8:01am PST 
And something that didn't come up is that any canned food is better than dry. For us money is an issue but we get fat real fast on dry, so mommy feeds us the good stuff (mentioned above) when she gets a fat paycheck or we get FF wet grain/gluten free when funds are scarce. Either way canned is the only way to slim down on that waist!
[notify]

» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Jan 10 11:42 am

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.