Postings by Pieces's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

Cat Health > Cat peeing outside of litter box
Baron

Purred: Tue Jun 24, '14 1:20am PST 
I've tried responding the last two days and it hasn't gone through! Hopefully it works this time. I have no idea whats going on. I have to call the vet again. One of the cats is do for his annual. All the cats are neutered. We haven't seen any new pee spots in the last few days which is good. Not sure if its because the litter boxes were just changed, the antibiotics helped Goo or if the three new litter boxes helped. So frustrating. You think its one thing and its not! I will definitely come back if the pee starts again or we hear more from the vet! Thank you everyone!!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 11 8:26 am

Baron

Purred: Sat Jun 21, '14 1:08am PST 
And the plot thickens! I put some smaller litter boxes down that are uncovered along with the other litter boxes. We saw a few cats sniff them to check them out and then saw our dominant male cat climb into one and start what we thought was peeing in it! We were shocked when we watched him spray our wall! I'm guessing he is marking the litter boxes and so the other cat(s) are peeing elsewhere. We haven't found any poop outside of the litter box. Would we find it outside as well if the kitties didn't want to use a marked litter box? This is our first experience with this! Any help would be great!
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jul 11 8:26 am

Baron

Purred: Sat Jun 21, '14 12:40am PST 
Thank you for the information! I appreciate it! Can you please change the title to say "cat peeing outside of litter box?" Thank you!! I am going to give our vet a call tomorrow to touch base. Hopefully the matter is fixed with the antibiotics. Any suggestions on a cleaner that gets rid of the smell? Do you know of any cleaners that are natural/safe for pets/kids to be near?
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jul 11 8:26 am

Baron

Purred: Fri Jun 20, '14 2:36pm PST 
Hello everyone! I wish I could edit the title!
We have a kitty or maybe more than one who is peeing outside of the litter box. We have five and five litter boxes. This is a fairly recent issue. We observed goo (history of blockage and possible crystals) running from one litter box to the next and spending 10-25 seconds in each without producing anything. We took him to the vet. Vet gave antibiotics in case of a uti but said his bladder was empty. The pee has decreased but is still happening. All kitties are acting like themselves. Is there a way that we can test to see which cat is peeing? Isolating kitties is not possible at this time. I read somewhere that there is a product that you can give the cats that changes the color of the pee that you can see with a black light. I don't know what else to do and want to rule out any medical issues and quickly!!!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jul 11 8:26 am

Behavior & Training > Malice is very upset about new kittens arrival

Baron

Purred: Sun Oct 20, '13 4:34pm PST 
Hope things continue to progress with the kitties! We had Elvis who was about a year old when we got our next kitty who was apparently 8 weeks but seemed much younger. Elvis was hissing and kept trying to go after the new one (Baron) but eventually they worked things out. There were times when Elvis was sleeping and I brought Baron up next to him and Baron would lay down and snuggle up and Elvis would either continue sleeping or would find a new place to sleep. They are doing great together now!

We then got two more- Dee who was about 10+ months when we got him and Moose who was 4 months. Elvis had a hard time getting along with Dee and still has a few fights a month with Dee. Things are a lot better now then what they were. If Elvis is hurt/a little off or Dee is hurt/a little off then they will go after one another.

Then we got Pieces who was unsocialized and an abused kitty. It took her about 6 months before being able to leave her room and now finally after three years she gets along with the kitties, does not go after any of them unless feels threatened and is buddies with two. It takes time! They make freeze dried treats for kitties and I've used the freeze dried chicken and turkey to help build a relationship between Pieces and one of the other kitties. They will sit side by side and eat their treats without any issues! Still a work in progress!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Baron, Oct 20 4:34 pm

Cat Health > My 5 1/2 month kitten has bald spots!
Pieces

Purred: Thu Oct 17, '13 5:30am PST 
One of the kitties that we adopted from a shelter had weird hard bumpies on the back of her ears and thinning of fur/bald spot on ears and around eyes/mouth. The vet thought it was ringworm but after a few tests came back negative he said it wasn't ringworm. The vet suggested that it might be a food allergy which we tried our best to figure out what it was but decided it was easier to switch to grain free food which then helped clear up the thinning fur within a month or two.

Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pieces, Oct 17 5:30 am

Cat Health > Kitten with poor health - HELP!

Baron

Purred: Thu Sep 26, '13 12:55pm PST 
You could always try taking her to an emergency vet or urgent care vet to see what they think especially if there isn't another good vet in the area. Hope they figure it out soon! Maybe its the food she's eating? Or something in the environment? I'm not sure just trying to think outside of the box.

Lots of kitty purrs!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tigger, Sep 29 7:12 am

Cat Health > Kitten with poor health - HELP!

Baron

Purred: Thu Sep 26, '13 6:08am PST 
I'm not sure what all this could mean but we are sending you purrs to a speedy recovery! Have you considered maybe switching to a new vet for a second opinion? Sometimes fresh eyes are helpful. If you do this, then I recommend getting a copy of the medical records from your current vet.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Sep 29 7:12 am

Cat Health > Injured paw

Baron

Purred: Mon Sep 23, '13 7:28pm PST 
My poor little bubs has an injured paw. We noticed a slight limp on Friday and have been keeping an eye on it. The more active he is, the worse the limp gets. He seemed to be doing ok the last few days. We've been giving him an antihistamine that makes him relax/sleepy to help him stay off his paw. I also slightly rubbed hand over hurt paw and got no response.

We haven't needed to use it in two days. Tonight I noticed him doing a three legged hop down the hallway which got worse after he jumped up on to the bed and back down. I slightly moved hand over hurt paw which generated his "angry" meow and we immediately stepped away. He continued with this angry meow for about 10 seconds. He has managed to find a place to lay down and has been quiet for about 30 minutes.

I'm trying to figure out if he needs/should go to the emergency vet. I cannot take him to the regular vet until 5pm tomorrow. Thoughts?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Maizy , Sep 29 7:18 am

Food & Nutrition > Canned kitty food
Baron

Purred: Tue Aug 13, '13 6:25am PST 
Thank you! I worry about my kitties! With the allergies and pee problems! Thank you for the reassurance!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Baron, Aug 13 6:25 am

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.