Postings by Emma's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Welcome our new family member Dexter, and we need help.
Cleo

Purred: Tue Jun 3, '14 12:44am PST 
We sadly lost our Tigger we were all heart broken. But Emma never got over the loss of him and still looks for him daily. We adopted Dexter from Sac animal control. He's so sweet but feisty as well.

I have 2 questions also. Emma does NOT seem happy hes here. (being its only been 2 days) she hisses and growls at him. How do we go about making the introduction a positive one? We KNOW it wont happen over night but any advice would be wonderful.

second question is he seems playfully aggressive (and he wasn't in the shelter) not in aggression just in rough play. I have a 2 year old and my hubby says if he hurts her he has to go back. Any ideas or distraction or redirection on his play? We are great dog owners and can understand them very well but dont understand much about cat behaviors.

Thanks in advance!! wave
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cleo, Jun 3 12:44 am

Plus Power of the Paw > My Tigger is gone and my family and other kitty are not doing well.
Tigger

What!? You mean- I'm NOT a dog!?

Purred: Fri Apr 11, '14 11:32pm PST 
Its been over a week since we had to put Tigger to sleep. He was only 6 years old and had a spinal stroke and was in agonizing pain. His rear end from the shoulders down died in less than 2 hours. We sent him to be free of pain. But its been over a week and there has still yet to be a day I haven't cried. Everything reminds me of him. I almost want to move just to leave these feelings behind. My other kitty Emma is suffering. She seems very depressed and doesn't do much more than sleep(much more than normal). Im not ready for another cat and dont know if I ever will be because I feel no other cat will live up to him but Im very worried about Emma. Any suggestions on how to help her cope? We have been giving her lots of extra attention but she still seems to be looking for him and it breaks my heart.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Timmy Tomcat DB #122a, May 12 11:23 am

Raw Food Diet > Supplements and raw food diet

Emma

The Energizer- Kitty

Purred: Fri Aug 9, '13 2:29am PST 
I grind and freeze and use the missing link supplement which has all the taurine, omega 3's and everything else they could need. Although Im not 100% on raw yet because they aren't to thrilled with it yet. So we still feed TOTW until we get there.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Toby, Sep 8 6:28 am

Raw Food Diet > Is it safe to feed only fish?

Emma

The Energizer- Kitty

Purred: Thu Aug 8, '13 2:27am PST 
My kitties have no desire for any chicken pork hamburger turkey etc. Would it hurt if I just switched off fish types? Are there any fish they shouldn't have? shrug
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by BK, Aug 8 4:57 am

Cat Health > Getting skinny?

Tigger

Purred: Tue Jul 16, '13 5:39pm PST 
Hey guys my Tigger is free fed he eats what he wants when he wants and has done great like that for 4 years. Now he suddenly started getting skinny about 4 months ago. He was a little overweight before but the last few months hes getting VERY skinny. I see him eat every day so I know he's not NOT eating. He is FIV positive and has heart disease (he found us) and Im afraid one of those is catching up to him? We're considering switching them to raw. Would that be a good idea? Could he have worms? otherwise he seems absolutely fine. We took him to the vet when it started like 4 months ago they ran blood work did an ultra sound to check his heart and did an xray and they didnt find anything wrong. They suggested I feed him canned or a kitten food. He wants NOTHING to do with canned or tuna and went on a hunger strike for over a week when I tried to switch him to kitten. He's very picky about his food. He is currently eating TOTW. Im worried about my boy. Any helpful advice? shrug
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Shade, Jul 17 4:41 am

Raw Food Diet > Switching from dry kibble to raw? Help!!
Tigger

Purred: Tue Jul 16, '13 4:18pm PST 
sometimes he kills them and eats them sometimes he just guts them. He love to eat mice bodies but always leaves their heads as a gift to us naughty

He's left dead animals in the yard and our dogs eat them though dog

He doesn't like ANY canned foods/tuna or treats
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger , Jul 16 4:18 pm

Raw Food Diet > Switching from dry kibble to raw? Help!!

Tigger

Purred: Mon Jul 15, '13 11:13pm PST 
Hey guys. My Tigger adopted us 4 years ago and ever since has never had any interest in canned cat food, tuna, or treats. He ONLY likes his dry TOTW and Im afriad he wont take to the raw. He does live mostly outside, he comes in to eat and sleep at night.He will eat anything he can catch. But nothing we feed him except dry kibble. Any suggestions on making the transition easier?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tigger , Jul 16 4:18 pm

Raw Food Diet > Newbie to raw feeding. Help?!

Emma

The Energizer- Kitty

Purred: Mon Jul 15, '13 8:57pm PST 
Oh and I read dogs should eat 3% of their body weight where as cats should eat 6-8% of their body weight. Is that true?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Toby, Jul 16 4:00 am

Emma

The Energizer- Kitty

Purred: Mon Jul 15, '13 8:54pm PST 
I actually did buy a grinder I just don't mention it because I know some people are TOTALLY against it. Especially on the Dogster forums. I'm still waiting for it to get here, it should be here sometime next week. I did also read about the turine and bought a turine supplement. Because I was told if you grind meat it takes a lot of the turine out of it.

I do have one more question, our mouser mostly outdoor kitty Tigger LOVES to cautch and eat anything he can mice squirrels baby rabbits. BUT inside he doesnt want canned or tuna, he only likes dry kibble. Im afraid he wont take to raw? suggestions? Also I was told with my dogs to fast them for a day and then start them cold turkey. No slow introduction, is it the same with cats?

Thanks for the links guys! hail
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Toby, Jul 16 4:00 am

Emma

The Energizer- Kitty

Purred: Mon Jul 15, '13 3:01pm PST 
Well my brother Tigger and I share our home with 8 canine siblings. We love them all and they are great fun! They can be weird sometimes, like doing WHATEVER mom tell them. SMH!

Anywho momma has been researching and researching on starting the furry barkers on raw food. And we're like hey mom what about us? And mom realized she knows nothing about raw feeding kitties. She's spent weeks researching for the dogs but what about us? She says she cant seem to find much information on it for kitties. Would you guys be so kind as to fill her in. She says she would be forever grateful! thinking hail wave
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Toby, Jul 16 4:00 am

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.