Postings by ZOEY's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 187: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > can smoking around your cat cause it cancer?
ZACK

BLACK is- HANDSOME

Purred: Sun Jun 23, '13 5:37pm PST 
The original poster to this thread asked if smoking around her cats could cause lung cancer. And people were kind of enough to take the time and let her know that it can. Of course she can take the time to google this information herself instead of us looking up links. But it is a well known fact that it can cause problems. Smoking isnt healthy for anyone. Even if you don't notice problems, the cats could be uncomfortable and have a harder time breathing. Why would you want to do that to them?

My mom is very sensitive to second hand smoke. Her Dad smoked and died in his middle 50's. He was always told by his doctors that smoking would kill him and it did. Very sad. Mom is that age now and realizes how young that really is.

I know it is very hard to stop smoking. It is an addiction, a crutch. And smokers always seem to be very defensive of their habit.

It is totally a person's choice if they smoke. But I do think one has to think twice about it and how they are doing it when it is effecting other people or pets instead of just not caring. Like their smoking so much more important to them. I would not want to see any cat in discomfort so I would do what I could to make sure they were living in a healthy environment.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by West, Jun 26 6:02 am

Food & Nutrition > Does anyone have info on EVO\'s lawsuit?
ZOEY

Growing up with - TORTITUDE

Purred: Thu Jun 20, '13 7:41pm PST 
Yep we got our check also.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ZOEY, Jun 20 7:41 pm

ZACK

BLACK is- HANDSOME

Purred: Thu Jun 20, '13 7:30pm PST 
welcome

By the way, welcome to Catster!

cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by West, Jun 26 6:02 am

ZACK

BLACK is- HANDSOME

Purred: Thu Jun 20, '13 7:29pm PST 
Pets can come down with cancers such as oral cancers and lung cancer from living with smokers or from second hand smoke. I read that they are even more sensitive to smoke than humans are.

Asthma is something to be very concerned with for pets trying to breathe but breathing in second hand smoke. Third hand smoke which is smoke you bring in on your clothes or settle on things can be just as dangerous as second hand smoke.

Your pets can't tell you that they are having trouble breathing until it has gotten bad enough that you notice. They have no choice. You control the air they breathe.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by West, Jun 26 6:02 am

Cat Health > Julius is sick and vet doesn't know why

ZACK

BLACK is- HANDSOME

Purred: Sun May 19, '13 12:30am PST 
I would take him to a different vet for another opinion. Many vets will reach out to other professionals they know to see if they have ever come across a problem like this.

Paws across you find out what is wrong or someone else here has some better advice for you.

cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jun 11 5:48 pm

Food & Nutrition > Merlin yew thayah!
ZOEY

Purred: Mon Dec 17, '12 2:52pm PST 
wave Hi!!

We also emailed the company about the calories in the Chicken Pumpkin Samba. Mom noticed that they recommended 1 can for a 10lb cat. And this is only a 2.8 oz can. Mom just heard back from them so a fast response which is a good sign.

"Thank you for contacting Against The Grain Pet Foods and for your interest in our fine pet foods. The Chicken and Pumpkin Samba for cats 2.8oz can has 252 Kcals per can. We are currently updating our website to this information.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact myself at anytime.

Sincerely,

Brett Sher
ATG Pet Food"

That is alot of calories for a small can! Sounds tasty but too many calories for us. We don't even eat that many in one day!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by ♥Kally Kat♥, Dec 21 11:33 am

Choosing the Right Cat > thinking abt adding a new kitten for pippie here!

ZACK

BLACK is- HANDSOME

Purred: Mon Oct 8, '12 1:19pm PST 
It sounds like Pippie would love to have a fursibling to play with!! Dad and Mom had only one cat before us and when she passed at almost 19 years old they wanted to make sure to get 2 cats so they got me and Zoey. We have so much fun together!!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Alexander, Dreamboat #110, Oct 13 3:42 pm

Behavior & Training > Space sharing issues

ZOEY

Purred: Wed Oct 3, '12 6:51am PST 
Cats sure like routine and Slyvy doesn't seem to like the new one. I think she wants you all to herself. Angel Rocky Ann was like that with me. She hissed at my husband all the time. But at night sleeping she was fine in bed with us but did sleep on the end by me so I was in the middle.

Who feeds Slyvy? If it is you, you could have your boyfriend start feeding her in the morning so then she might be nicer to him the night before. It might be worth trying a Feliway Comfort ZoneĀ® Plug-In in that room to try to relax her. You can get them on amazon or any pet store.

Hope others have some more ideas for you. Good luck!!!

big hug
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Oct 7 11:01 am

Cat Health > Shots for Indoor Cats

ZOEY

Purred: Sun Sep 16, '12 1:09pm PST 
Angel Sasafrace thanks for jumping into this discussion. Really appreciate what you have to say being that your Mom has experience seeing the problems with the vaccinations first hand.

I was reading that a lot of Vets don't believe in vaccinating their own cats.

And that many vets use fear and the bat stories in order to get parents to do the rabies vaccinations. Our vet used that too. They try to make you feel like a bad pawrent if you don't vaccinate.

I hope pawrents that do vaccinate for the rabies listen to your advice on the safer vaccination. It is good for pawrents to go into their vet appointments with as much knowledge and info as possible.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Toast, Sep 17 10:14 am

Cat Health > Shots for Indoor Cats
ZOEY

Purred: Sat Sep 15, '12 9:26pm PST 
Sonny if you have gotten a bat in your house, then it is smart for you to get the rabies shot. Some people also don't have a choice if it is law in their county.

Alot of states will just let you quaranteen your cats in your own home to keep an eye on them unless they got outside and got bit by a raccoon or such animal. They are even thinking that the rabies shot might last longer than the 3 years so hopefully someday in the future they will be giving them less often too.

The American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) is revising Feline Vaccination Guidelines this year. Not sure when the new guidelines will be coming out.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Toast, Sep 17 10:14 am

(Page 1 of 187: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.