Postings by Eudora Rose's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

Cat Health > PLEASE HELP! Kitten Amputee
Eudora Rose

Queen of the- Universe

Purred: Sat Dec 22, '12 9:08pm PST 
I do not know about kittens but when my dog had to have her leg amputated she had a lot of phantom pain. What helped her the most was acupuncture. I hope things are going better for you.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Eudora Rose, Dec 22 9:08 pm

Cat Health > Kidney Failure
Mr. Nigel

It is Mr. Nigel- to you!

Purred: Mon Dec 3, '12 8:05am PST 
Thank you all for your help. I have forwarded it to my sister.
[notify]

» There has since been -2 posts. Last posting by Mr. Nigel, Dec 3 8:05 am

Mr. Nigel

It is Mr. Nigel- to you!

Purred: Sun Nov 25, '12 8:07pm PST 
Thank you!big hug
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mr. Nigel, Dec 3 8:05 am

Mr. Nigel

It is Mr. Nigel- to you!

Purred: Sat Nov 24, '12 10:07pm PST 
My sister's cat has kidney failure and she is wondering if her cat is in any pain.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Mr. Nigel, Dec 3 8:05 am

Cat Health > Cat belly flap? (Also: Update on Egon's sunburn)

Mr. Nigel

It is Mr. Nigel- to you!

Purred: Sun May 27, '12 2:51pm PST 
Here is what i found:

Primordial Pouch

The primordial pouch is located on a cat's belly and it has the appearance of a loose flap of skin that's similar to what you'd expect if the cat had been overweight and had then lost weight. Also compared to a deflated balloon, the primordial pouch swings slightly as a cat walks. Sometimes it appears just after spaying or neutering, though that isn't required for the pouch to become noticeable.
Purpose

The primordial pouch is a multi-functional flap. It provides a little extra protection against kicks, which are common during cat fights as a cat will try and rake with it's rear claws. In wild cats, the ancestors of domesticated felines, this pouch appears to be present to provide extra room in case the animal has the opportunity to eat a large meal and the stomach needs to expand. It's also been said that this stomach pouch allows the cat to bend and expand, allowing for faster running and higher jumping.

Far from being a defect, the primordial pouch is actually required for some cat breeds. Cat breeds that are closer to the wild ancestor than other domestic breeds like the Bengal have the primordial pouch listed as one of the breed statistics. Other breeds like the Egyptian Mau and and Serengeti cat also have the primordial pouch as proof of their close ties to the wild history of felines.
Misconceptions

Some owners may feel that a primordial pouch is a problem, or that something is wrong with their cats. Perhaps the skin is becoming loose after weight loss, or in some cases it may look like the cat isn't eating enough due to the pouch. Always consult with a veterinarian and ask about the state of your pet's health. If there is a problem you should have a more in depth look than just stroking your cat's belly and deciding it's over weight.
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Putter, Jun 18 8:17 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > How many cats do you guys have, or have you?.
Mr. Nigel

It is Mr. Nigel- to you!

Purred: Tue Dec 18, '07 9:20pm PST 
I am an only inside cat but I have 4 brothers and sisters who live outside. Well they think they are. My Mom started feed ing them when the neighbor moved away and left them last May. I also share the house with 2 dog sisters an a parrot brother.
[notify]

» There has since been 33 posts. Last posting by Noble, Jan 22 11:03 am

Food & Nutrition > We need some help.....Winnie's throwing up after eating...

Mr. Nigel

It is Mr. Nigel- to you!

Purred: Tue Dec 18, '07 9:16pm PST 
You could always break up the dry food in a food processor and mix it with a little wet food.kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by Merrin, Jan 17 6:32 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > There's another lost cat at my door..

Mr. Nigel

It is Mr. Nigel- to you!

Purred: Wed Dec 12, '07 6:31am PST 
Mom found both of her dogs on petfinder. A manx cat is probably very adoptable. Before I got Mr. Nigel I was looking for one.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by TGM Gimli DB #101a, Dec 16 8:52 pm

Food & Nutrition > Flowing water

Mr. Nigel

It is Mr. Nigel- to you!

Purred: Sun Jul 22, '07 6:46pm PST 
I am fine with regular water for the most part BUT if I catch anyone in the bathroom (seated) I jump up on the sink and make them turn the water on for me. I have everyone well trained now!big laugh
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Aden, Jul 23 2:59 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Lost my baby today
Mr. Nigel

It is Mr. Nigel- to you!

Purred: Thu Jul 19, '07 7:46pm PST 
Our hearts go out to you. hug
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Lexi (My Dearest Kitty Angel), Jul 29 12:07 pm

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.