Postings by JC's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Food & Nutrition > Who else rotates?
JC

Wanna play?

Purred: Sun Dec 1, '13 7:10am PST 
We rotate between a few different premium brands and have not had any problems. The cats seem to enjoy it and definitely have their favorites. If you watch protein % and ingredients and keep it close between brands, you should not have any problems. You just don't want to jump back and forth between a premium and a not-so-premium (ex. Purina), that will mess with the kitties tummy.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by JC, Dec 1 7:10 am

Food & Nutrition > What is your feeding routine?
JC

Wanna play?

Purred: Sun Dec 1, '13 6:57am PST 
My cats are 1 1/2 and 10 yrs old. They have kibble left out, I rotate between premiums (Blue Buffalo, Instinct, etc.). They also get a little canned cat in the morning and evenings. I know a lot of people are against free feeding kibble, but I have not had any problems with it. They also go outside so I know they are active to burn it off, lol.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by JC, Dec 1 6:57 am

Food & Nutrition > FREAKING OUT! Need Help!

JC

Wanna play?

Purred: Sun Dec 1, '13 6:53am PST 
Getting off Purina will help. Water does help, I purchased a water fountain for my cats and they love it. They drink a lot more water now and I notice the difference. They also get a small amount of canned food in the morning and evening as a treat and moisture in their diet.

I have heard that if your cat is backed up, giving them a little olive oil will help, it also helps with hairballs.

Someone mentioned pumpkin, that is a great source of fiber if you can get them to eat it.

Good luck
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Rio, Dec 6 5:25 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Pal or no pal?

JC

Wanna play?

Purred: Thu Dec 13, '12 4:14am PST 
I am debating adopting another kitty so JC has some company when we are not home. JC has spent his whole life with our dog Samson, they were buddies. Samson passed away Nov 19th and now JC is home alone. Our previous cat Mystique had passed away in 2011. We give him lots of lovings but I feel so bad when we are gone, it is obvious he is lonely. He follows us from room to room and greets us when we come in the door.

So I am looking for some input for anybody who has had this experience. I have had multiple cats before and the house if very pet friendly, but I am not sure how he will take to a new cat. JC will be 10 years old in March.

Thanks for your advice smile
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Hunter, Dec 15 12:36 am

Food & Nutrition > Drinking fountains

JC

Wanna play?

Purred: Sun Apr 11, '10 9:44am PST 
I had a fountain a while ago and it was a success. They like to drink/play in the dog's big water bowl, lol.
[notify]

» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Rhett, May 6 6:00 am

Food & Nutrition > grain free, better foods
JC

Wanna play?

Purred: Sun Apr 11, '10 9:41am PST 
Great site! My kitties get Orijen grain free kibble and Wellness gf wet. They are doing wonderful, could not believe the difference when they switched over. Thank you for putting out that info.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Finnegan (Finney), Apr 29 6:30 pm

Food & Nutrition > Orijen is awesome!

JC

Wanna play?

Purred: Thu Mar 18, '10 7:22pm PST 
Hi Minou,
We love Orijen around here too! Everyone (including the dog) loves Orijen and are doing very well on it.
kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Stella, Mar 18 7:37 pm

Food & Nutrition > How many on Orijen?

Mystique

Yes I am the- queen

Purred: Fri Feb 19, '10 7:27pm PST 
Hi 13 Calicos (are there really 13?)
Yes, Mystique (squeaky) is a calico, they are so pretty right? A bummer your cats did not like Orijen, but they are all different, just like us. Of course we can be friends, no hard feelings here.
hamster dance
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Shadow, Feb 20 10:52 pm

Mystique

Yes I am the- queen

Purred: Thu Feb 18, '10 7:09pm PST 
My apologies, I did ask how many, not who liked, my mistake. I just get tired of the negative nillies that can only reply to what is wrong. I had a positive experience and wanted to see if others had the same with Orijen, not to be told it is the wrong food or not the right diet. Again, my apologies.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Shadow, Feb 20 10:52 pm

Mystique

Yes I am the- queen

Purred: Thu Feb 18, '10 4:40am PST 
Orijen doesn't make canned food because they don't want to outsource any production outside of their plant. In my opinion Orijen is the best kibble made, read their white sheet on their website sometime. Where I live I can get Orijen cheaper than Wellness or Innova, not that those aren't great foods too. As far as buying in the US, good luck finding anything completely produced in the US.

And I believe my question was who else liked Orijen, not who didn't like it.
[notify]

» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Shadow, Feb 20 10:52 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.