GO!

(Page 1 of 49: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > not all grain free is created equal
Mo

Save Plants - Let Me Eat- Meat!!!

Purred: Mon Mar 19, '12 3:12pm PST 
Actually, here is the definition of powdered cellulose:

There are various forms of powdered cellulose available from trees like pine and beech to bamboo and cotton. By and large, the cellulose used in petfood applications is derived from pine trees. The ingredient starts its journey in the pulping mills, the same mills used to produce paper. The pulp is made into long continuous sheets and rolled just like paper stock going to the local newspaper. However, cellulose intended for food and feed is ground through specially-designed hammer mills, then sized to certain particle lengths in giant "ball-mills."

http://www.petfoodindustry.com/Columns/Ingredient_I ssues/2376.html
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Apr 9 2:28 pm

Food & Nutrition > Recommendations?
Mo

Purred: Tue Feb 14, '12 8:46pm PST 
It looks like the Petco here actually stopped carrying Holistic Select.

I *think* that Before Grain and Nature's Variety dog food cans go up to 13 ounces...and that they are the same as the cat food.

Weruva is coming out or has come out with larger cans as well.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mo, Feb 14 8:46 pm

Cat Health > What's the best way to keep a kitty's teeth clean?

Rajah

Purred: Fri Jan 27, '12 8:45pm PST 
Have you considered switching her to a raw diet? If you jump over to the raw feeding forum you'll find a lot of helpful info!

Rajah's teeth were horrible when I rescued him when he was fifteen. After a few months on raw they were perfectly cleanway to go
[notify]

» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Napoleon * In Loving Memory *, Feb 11 7:44 pm

Raw Food Diet > Which is more important, "rawness" or variety?

Mo

Purred: Thu Jan 26, '12 10:07am PST 
Do you mean The Lis List?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Allen, Jan 27 3:32 pm

Food & Nutrition > Recovery diet for rescue w/ very poor coat?

Mo

Purred: Wed Jan 25, '12 7:55pm PST 
Raw feeding and health compromised cats explains why raw is actually fine for cats with FIV.

I recently took in a cat with a very bad coat as well, though Hortense's fur was so bad it fell out if you lightly tugged on it. I switched her to a raw diet (though a high quality canned probably would have helped as well) and supplement her diet with some fish oil. Her fur is almost back to normal, all the bad fur actually fell out and is in the process of growing back.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Amber, Jan 26 8:26 pm

Raw Food Diet > Rad Cat Frozen Raw
Mo

Purred: Wed Jan 25, '12 3:38pm PST 
I am using this to help slowly transition Nightmare to a raw diet. He loves the Rad Cat, but I want him eventually on prey model raw instead.

It is cheaper when you get the larger containers. I can get the 16 ounce containers for $9.00, they also have 24 ounce containers but it is roughly the exact same price per ounce as the 16 ounce containers.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mocha, Jan 26 1:38 pm

Raw Food Diet > Occasional raw not good for CRF kitty?

Mo

Purred: Wed Jan 25, '12 3:34pm PST 
Rad Cat has an explanation of why raw is good for cats with CRF. There is also the FNES article that someone else already linked to.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mo, Jan 25 3:34 pm

Raw Food Diet > Tried hoppers today

Mo

Purred: Wed Jan 25, '12 3:30pm PST 
I bought a pack of hoppers for Nightmare a while ago - he didn't consider it to be food. I got one of the others to eat them buy slicing the belly of the mouse open, so they could see that it was meat.

Spike, hoppers 14-18 day old mice, which is what Blackberry is referring tosmile
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Patch, Jan 27 11:05 am

Food & Nutrition > Anyone who feeds Blue Wilderness dry, now notice, poopies really stink?

Mo

Purred: Tue Nov 29, '11 8:51am PST 
"There wouldn't have been any recent changes to the formula. Have your friend closely inspect the food in the bag to see that it appears normal and like other bags the cats have been fed. It's possible the bag was damaged and compromised the food inside. If so, your friend should return it immediately to the store where it was purchased. --BB"

Blue Buffalo Facebook Page
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Dec 2 6:52 am

Food & Nutrition > Anyone who feeds Blue Wilderness dry, now notice, poopies really stink?
Mo

Purred: Mon Nov 28, '11 8:49pm PST 
@ Bump: Like was already said, it could be an ingredient change. They are not required to change the packaging right away, actually it seems like they can use up all the "old" bags before putting the new ingredients on the new bags. Or, maybe Blue Buffalo wants to join in on the "product pull" recalls, like Iams. laugh out loud

I posted on Blue's page on facebook asking if they have changed anything about the food, and said why I am asking (stated your situation). They won't want that information to stay posted publically with out clearing it up - they'll either have to respond, or delete my post. I'll let you know if they respond.

@Pandora: Tell your paw parent to check their messages. I sent a link that may help them understand what ever they are learning.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Dec 2 6:52 am

(Page 1 of 49: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.