Postings by Persia's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Cat Health > 8 month old existing cat hissing at new 8 week old kitten
Prince- Meower

lets talk about- it!

Purred: Sun Jan 3, '10 7:43pm PST 
does anyone have any advice on how to get my existing cat to accept a new kitten friend, she is very upset and isn't eating, actually she has become a bit aggressive with my husband and I, but more so with my husband, she growls and hisses at us, at first we tried spraying water at her when she hissed, but we stopped because we noticed it makes her more mad, so we ignore the behavior and she seems to quiet down. she looks at us with these sad eyes frown im debateing on trying a comfort zone diffuser?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by HappiCat, Jan 5 3:30 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Adding a second cat ?
Persia

What Breed am I?- A dog in a cats- body?

Purred: Tue Sep 29, '09 12:31am PST 
we have recently been thinking the same thing. Our cat is about 7 months old and we are thinking about getting her a brother or sister while she is still young.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Lucy, Oct 1 10:12 am

Kitten Corner > dewormed - icky

Persia

Purred: Sun Sep 27, '09 9:53pm PST 
Tape worms are an internal parasite they do not normally exit the body. A tape worm can be up to a foot long and has many segments. Each segment is the size of a grain of rice. The segment breaks off and normally get digested. Since they are coming out of her i would say she has quite a few worms in her. There is nothing to worry about since worms are normally very common in new kittens ages 2 weeks to 8 weeks. When you take a kitten in they are given deworming medicine each visit for the shots to ensure they have no more. this is also why they do a fecal exam each time you take them for shots.

You can sometimes get an idea of worm activity based on eating. In my case i did not get worms till i was 5 and a half months. I would eat a certain amount a day then i did not eat for a few days or i ate a 1/4 of what i normally ate. Then i found a worm segment on my butt. Took the medicine and then by the next day my appetite was back to normal. No problems since.

Since you are in the range of 5-10 weeks we are not sure... based on previous posts have you gotten you first set of shots. If not then i suggest you to start at about 8 weeks. the vet should give you shots and dewormer each phase of shots at 4 week intervals.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Persia, Sep 27 9:53 pm

Kitten Corner > "teacup" breeds

Persia

Purred: Sun Sep 27, '09 2:50pm PST 
http://www.cozykittens.com/atoys.htm

http://www.boutiquekittens.c om/Toy-and-Tea-Cup-Persians-and-Himalayans.74.0.html

Check out tis site, Teacups are a breed so to say. They are smaller then normal persians and himalayans. They are not the runts in a litter. The whole litter are smaller.

They are typically called rug huggers they may more health problems then a regular sized cat. They can also be injured easier, as in if you put them on the couch and leave them and they jump down then they can possibly get hurt..
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Angel Hallie (5-15-96/11-7-12), Oct 11 4:20 am

Kitten Corner > dewormed - icky

Persia

Purred: Sat Sep 26, '09 11:57pm PST 
I myself was worm free at 6-8 weeks but when i was 5 and a half months at had a rice size worm crawling from my butt too. I took the medicine and i am worm free. You will not see the worms after. Tape worms could be up to 1 ft long in your belly once the medicine kills the worm it will detach and be digested. It will not come out the only time you will see the worm is if it detached in the stomach then the cat will vomit it out. That is not the common way...If is like small grains of rice then it is a tape worm segment. Each segment can have 20 eggs in them. Thoroughly wash hands after handling her since tape worms can be transmitted to humans. The most common way for tape worms is through the fleas, make sure you have been treated for fleas. Some are borm with worms and some are not.. you may have been since you still young and have them. Round worms are different and are worse to have...Hope that helped.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Persia, Sep 27 9:53 pm

Kitten Corner > Oh no, I'm not 10 weeks, I'm 5!?
Persia

Purred: Sat Sep 26, '09 11:19am PST 
Just like gadget said, Persia would try to gently bite us it is what kittens do, All we did is when she wanted to do that we replaced our hands immediately with a soft toy for her to chew on. Persia now at 6 month is the sweetest cat ever i would never give her up. she comes when called. I can pick her up and hold her like a baby and she will sit there and sleep. She loves to be rubbed time after time. She has the best personality ever. You will see that when they are getting their adult teeth in they may try to bite more often but once the adult teeth come in and the baby teeth are gone the bite subsides again. Persia will come into the room during the nite and either nudge me over so she can share my pillow or she sleeps at my feet. She will visit us at 5 am and want to be rubbed and cuddled. Look at the video on my page Persia will knead at soft plush things. They normally do that to the mothers for milk, Persia still does it to soft things for 2-3 minutes while purring. Some say it is because she was taken from the mom to early but if that is the only side effect then we are good. She also does that to us while sitting on a blanket. She loves plush pillows when she walks across one and it feels good on her paws she kneads at it.
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Ludo (Angel), Sep 29 3:57 am

Kitten Corner > Oh no, I'm not 10 weeks, I'm 5!?

Persia

Purred: Sat Sep 26, '09 2:20am PST 
My cat when we purchased her was small as you can see from her picture. We were told she was 8 weeks when we got her but we believe she was closer to 6 weeks. Based on the vet visit. If you look at her main picture that was when we brought her home so we estimate 6-7 weeks for that picture. You can see a similar size for her. At that age in that picture she was 1 lb 5 ozs. 4 weeks later she was i believe 2-2.5 lbs so over the next few weeks she gains quite a bit.
[notify]

» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Ludo (Angel), Sep 29 3:57 am

Choosing the Right Cat > What am I?

Persia

Purred: Sat Sep 26, '09 2:09am PST 
I was told i was a himalayan mix with persian but i think i resemble a ragdoll at times. What am i? Any help would be appreciated. I have picture of me from 6 weeks of age till 6 months of age. Please visit my page to see my pics and any additional info. My pads on my feet have either black pads or pink pads. Im not sure if this has something to do with the seller said her grandparent was a black himalayan
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Helene-Iris, Sep 26 7:30 pm

Behavior & Training > Kitten/Cat Intro tips, please!

Persia

Purred: Thu Sep 24, '09 9:37pm PST 
they pretty much all covered it. when we got our cat we kept her in the second bathroom for about 2 weeks then slowly introduced her to the rest of the house. she was also about 7 weeks old when we got her a little too early but the lady was selling her and we decided to take her.
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Charlie, Oct 9 2:44 pm

Behavior & Training > NEVER adopt a declawed cat (?)
Persia

Purred: Thu Sep 24, '09 9:34pm PST 
What Atrus said is very true you can adopt very good cats that have been declwed just as well as cats that have not. Just understand that if you have a cat that has been declawed and you adopt them keep in mind the pain they may feel and do what you can to help them out. they will love you more for it. I am totally against declawing. I think it is cruel and unusual punishment i pay 10 dollars to get my cats nails cut and she is just fine.
[notify]

» There has since been 49 posts. Last posting by Alfie - Angel DB#14, Mar 18 10:51 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.