Postings by ~Honey~'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 47: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Best dry food to feed growing kittens?
Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Sat Sep 13, '14 5:14am PST 
Petsmart's Friends & Family weekend is around the corner this month to get your hands on cheap pate style canned food. (15% off coupon for F&F) Even the Friskies pates are affordable. Petsmart has F&F June, Sept. & Dec. With Dec. having the best prices on cheap canned food. I have started to buy Petsmart gift cards now for the Black Friday cheap cat litter. (The gift card triggered an email coupon for $10 off $25. Sign up for Petsmart emails & their rewards program. They email you the best coupons.) I try spread out the cost of buying litter for the entire year on Black Friday, ten 35 lbs pails. The savings on litter lets my buy 180 cans of Friskies. Plus Discover Card, used to buy the gift cards at Petsmart, last year mailed me a $10 off $50 coupon. If you shop smarter, its like getting the canned food for free.

PS, Brownie loves him food ground up to be a soup. I also add a touch more water when I put in a bowl. Pate are easy to add a little water and make it easier to eat too.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brownie, Sat 5:14 am

Food & Nutrition > PetSmart $10 off $25 coupon
Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Thu Aug 28, '14 9:19pm PST 
Just got emailed a coupon for $10 off $25. I have not checked but you could check Facebook.com/petsmart for the same coupon. Happy Labor day weekend!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brownie, Aug 28 9:19 pm

Food & Nutrition > What is the least expensive dry, grain-free food you have found?

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Tue Aug 12, '14 7:51pm PST 
5 years ago I researched it and Diamond's Taste of the Wild was the cheapest. (They do not believe in coupons) You can write to them for samples or other local store may have them too. I so wanted my crew to love grain-free kibble. It was never to be.

Look for it at small Holistic pet food stores, Feed stores, Pet Supply Plus, Tractors Supply, Menards, Rural King and many other places listed on their website.

From Tractors Supply website - $12 for 5 lbs. So $1.20 a pound.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brownie, Aug 12 7:51 pm

Cat Health > Indoor cats with fleas - help!

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Sat Aug 9, '14 10:52am PST 
Flea dips are the WORST. The Hartz shampoo is better than that.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Truth, Aug 23 12:07 am

Cat Health > Indoor cats with fleas - help!

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Thu Aug 7, '14 9:09pm PST 
Short hair cats are easier to get rid of fleas. I got the Program (Lufenuron 165 mg.) to kill everything but adult fleas. It's birth control for fleas. To kill the adults fleas, I got Capstar (Nitenpyram). With my long hair cats, I also had to get Hartz flea shampoo from Walmart. I waited a day between each phase starting with the Program then Capstar & finally a bath with Hartz. I vacuumed alot to get the eggs. Wash all the cat bedding.

We tried PetArmor but it was a waste of money on my long hair cats. I squeezed it on and with the long hair it did not travel all over them. I had better luck buying the flea pills on Ebay. Little City Dog & K9
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Truth, Aug 23 12:07 am

Behavior & Training > Ragdoll - Extremely Independent, scared or just weird?
Candie

Leave me alone!

Purred: Wed Jul 30, '14 10:03pm PST 
I have pure breed Birmans. Brownie was pet quality & was 4 months old when he came to our house. Cookie & Candie were show cats. They had 2 litters with only a single offspring from each. So they were not as socialized as Brownie when they came to our house. Cookie (3 yrs. old then) settled in first and made a smooth transition after three months. Candie joined us at the age of 4 & is still a problem child. It took her 1.5 yrs. to warm up to me. She loved everyone in the house but me. (I was Cookie's person per Cookie.) And only this week she started to follow me & talk to me. She almost never talks. I just do not think is a breeder thing unless he was there for years.

But we did have a Birman, Honey that changed after she was fixed. She marked her territories like a boy after the operation. Only stopped when she around 10. She would stand and pee after the operation.

I'm hoping it is just the summer heat. My cats are avoid us more in the summer. All that long fur & now they are laying on the floor to get their bellies cool. Even when we have the air on, they still do not want to be on us. I can not say if you have the same weather as me in StL. But even the Siameses were not lap cats in summer when we had them.

No food changes... No litter changes... And the water bowl is the same... Can you get him to purr or knead on you? Was he doing this before the heat? Is grooming time a happy time? My cats love me during grooming time unless I find a knot. Does he licked you up? I call them kisses.

I going to have to think about it a bit more.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Candie, Jul 30 10:03 pm

Food & Nutrition > Which dry cat food?

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Tue Jul 22, '14 9:09pm PST 
I would skip Petsmart's house brand made for them, Authority. I search for days to reach them for information not on the label. Never could find one and would NEVER buy their food.

My cats hated though Life Bits in Wilderness. How complete is it if they only ate half of the vitamins?? What a waste of money.

I do like Wellness but the Complete Health ones over the Core. I have a bag of Holistic Select, a sister company of Wellness, the duck one in a bowl right now.

Right now I'm also mixing foods. Evo, California Natural and my final bags of Canyon Creek Ranch. After the law suits from the CCR dog chicken jerky treats, they, Nestle Purina, killed the brand. At the same time Nestle Purina rolled out changes to their One Beyond brand. They renamed it Beyond and the ingredients extremely similar to CCR now without dried cubes of potato & zucchini. Mine hated the cubes but love, love the CCR kibble. So we will for sure buy Beyond as when we need it because my cats do love their grained kibbles of rice, oatmeal, barley. (Beyond contains no corn, wheat, soy or meat by products.) And at times, I pick up a bag of Precise Holistic Complete Adult chicken. I'm not sure if any of these brand are up there in Canada but at smaller Holistic pet stores. I like to buy food in smaller bags to get fresher food. Hey, we ate Pronature from Montreal until they had no contract to have it distributed in the US. It was VERY YUMMY so says my cats!! We miss it!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brownie, Jul 22 9:09 pm

Food & Nutrition > Cat does not want to transition to grain-freee -- ideas?

Candie

Leave me alone!

Purred: Tue Jul 1, '14 5:11am PST 
I tried sample after sample of the grain free kibbles for my babies. I'd visited smaller neighborhood pet stores for the free sample bags. They simply preferred the foods with grains like rice, barley or oatmeal. So I gave up even trying anymore grain-free kibbles. I have picked food withouts corn, wheat, soy or meat by products. I also feed wet foods too. Maybe some nice pate types would be appealing to him. Even the cheaper ones with adding a little extra water would work. You don't have to break the bank on canned foods.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Jul 1 11:58 pm

Food & Nutrition > Sensitive Stomach/Food Too Rich?

Cookie

Can we play??

Purred: Tue Jun 24, '14 8:38am PST 
I'd stop Wellness. Might be an allergy to eggs. But an allergy test would be a very good idea to see what it could be for sure. There are some other wet foods to try that are limited ingredient diets aka LID. Blue Basics, Natures Variety, Natural Balance are just a few brands. Raw, yes some of those would be good too. Some people like the duck, turkey or rabbit ones.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 25 11:53 am

Food & Nutrition > Very VERY Runny KITTENS Poop
Candie

Leave me alone!

Purred: Wed Jun 11, '14 3:32am PST 
A temp. solution is Holistic Select (Eagle Pack) Hoistic Solution. Just sprinkle it over the food. (Prebiotics, Probiotics and Digestive Enzymes provide a natural, 3-way, holistic approach to resolve diarrhea, loose stool, or stomach upset.)

What food are you feeding them? Foods with corn, wheat or yeast to name a few ingredients that can be a problem. I'm hoping one of the other member will add link for cats with IBD. Can you feed an all wet diet of pate type canned foods? What about a raw diet? Think grain free foods.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Jun 12 5:01 pm

(Page 1 of 47: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.