Postings by Alexander, Dreamboat #110's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 75: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Saying good bye and moving on
Alexander,- Dreamboat- #110

I am really a- lap dog in- disguise.

Purred: Mon Jun 29, '15 1:41pm PST 
First...some catnip would be good and extra TLC...As for adding another cat, you can do that but keep them in separate rooms for a week. My DH got me Alex and Ben crossed soon afterwards. Alex helped with Natasha who was Ben's friend. Alex is such a sweet cat. He is now twelve and has a new friend who has been here for three years. Juliette helps Alex....They do look for their friend but recover in time as we all do. I had more of a difficult time but it helped to see two cats play.....Take care...these weeks will be hard but you will make it through....
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Hikaro, Tue 8:07 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Suggestions on cat breed?

Purred: Sun Jun 7, '15 5:43am PST 
I love the Maine Coons. They are very affectionate but you need to groom them.
I had one and he was super with the kids but as he got older there were health problems. Try not to get the runt of the litter. Orange cats are special too. I had a short haired one. She reached out of her cage at the rescue to grab us. Alex, our present rescue, was a kitten. He is black and white and was socialized as a kitten. A volunteer took his home and he was with them weeks before I got him at six.....I do have a Siberian which you will not find at pounds. The Siberian breeder place a clause in their adoptions of bringing back a cat if you don't want it. They want their cats to stay out of pounds. Mine is a orange colored and is super social. She had to stay with her family for four months. She gets along well with my rescue. I love having two of them....Good luck....
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Alexander, Dreamboat #110, Jun 7 5:43 am

Get Well Soon > The New Home of Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs

Purred: Wed Jun 3, '15 4:22pm PST 
Purrring here.....hope everyone gets better......
We miss hearing from our friends....purrs...
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Mouse ♥, Today 1:38 am

Purred: Wed Apr 15, '15 2:51am PST 
Thank you for continuing with this support for those who need it. It will take time for our friends to use it as much as they did in the place...You are special.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Mouse ♥, Today 1:38 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My Sweet, friendly, handsome and funny Sydney is gone and my heart went with him.....

Natasha

Princess Forever

Purred: Wed Mar 4, '15 5:11pm PST 
It is so hard when they leave. Give yourself time. You did your best. You always think what if or did I do everything. You did and you were there for Sydney. There is no more pain for Sydney too.
I have had two cats who were so special as they all that had to be given their wings. It took weeks to sleep in my bed since I shared it with them. ...In time, you may want to share your life with another sweet cat but give yourself time. I don't regret going through this hard time of saying good-bye. There were years of joy and happiness. Try to remember the good times...it will happen..I have two cats now....
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Natasha, Mar 4 5:11 pm

Senior Cats > When is it time?
Natasha

Princess Forever

Purred: Wed Mar 4, '15 5:03pm PST 
You will know. Yes, peeing, pooping, and eating are indicators. 23 years old and normal blood work...that is amazing. Yes, it does get harder as they age.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Watson, Mar 6 11:56 am

Purred: Sun Dec 14, '14 3:29am PST 
Hope he gets his life back on track....It is hard when everything seems to be going at you from everywhere. I can't give a lot of advice but there are people out there who can give job advice.
My DH and I did everything we could when we were younger to keep going. We didn't get financial help from anyone but we took any job that we could until our careers got going. He worked three jobs and I worked two. ...It took some time.....many years but we both got our careers....It does happen.
[notify]

» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Mouse ♥, Today 1:38 am

Purred: Tue Dec 9, '14 6:14pm PST 
Purrring for Cody......Hope that everyone is well this Christmas and holiday season. Don't worry people will be back. It was a tough year for Catster....After worrying about the site disappearing, it is here...When I can post pictures, I will feel better too. It has been a good place for support....
Meanwhile, my cats are right next to me and they are purrrrring for all of you.
[notify]

» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Mouse ♥, Today 1:38 am

Behavior & Training > At the end of our rope with our cat of 5+ years.. Major behavioural issues (non-aggressive)

Purred: Mon Oct 20, '14 4:06pm PST 
The last response reminded me of the litter boxes. There should be one more than cats. I have three for my two. I have noticed that the male likes to pee in one and poop in another. He is the bored cat who meows like yours. I don't leave food out all day. I had one diabetic cat who was overweight and that was enough. If you are not happy with your vet, try another one who may have some behavioral training in the background. There are meds for cats who are super anxious.
i have cat trees in my home. Mine are over six feet tall. Cats do things sometimes when they are bored. Play toys and cat trees are nice distractions. I agree about re-homing unless it is necessary.
I had a cat who started hiding under my bed. Cats hate anything that has citrus in it. Clean your sofa with orange citrus cleaner. Cover it up when you are not around. Pee is nasty to get out of things. Get those play toys where you hide food treats inside. I would walk the cat outside only as a last resort. Mine get to go outdoors in a way...my back porch is screened and they get to see the birds but not touch them. I have only indoors cats. Let us know how things go....
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Moose, Oct 29 3:36 am

Get Well Soon > I fell 80 feet off of our 8th floor balcony and I survived!

Purred: Sun Oct 19, '14 1:44pm PST 
Jack has an amazing family who will support him. Thank you for taking such excellent care of his medical needs. There are some owners who would not treat their cat. You are wonderful. He made a horrible mistake but it didn't cost his life. May he never jump like that again. Give him soft hugs from us....Quick recovery Jack!....and you are not a bird, remember that.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Alexander, Dreamboat #110, Oct 19 1:44 pm

(Page 1 of 75: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.