Postings by Behr's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

Kitten Corner > Rescue kitten
Behr

I'm bearly a- Behr

Purred: Sat Jun 27, '15 8:39am PST 
They all started eating wet and dry at 4 weeks in addition to nursing. I was feeding them 3/4 of a can of wet food 4 times a day, and I think that was part of their diarrhea problem. I have cut it to 3 times a day and their bowels seem to betting a little better. I think the can food was just too rich for their little tummy's. They are growing like weeds and play like crazy, so I don't think I need to worry to much.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Behr, Jun 27 8:39 am

Behr

I'm bearly a- Behr

Purred: Sat Jun 20, '15 8:54am PST 
Well here is an update: Mom and babies are doing fine. We took all of them to the vet because we were worried about momma being so thin and the kitten were having diarrhea. They told us to feed her canned kitten food 4 times, but she will probably not gain a lot of weight till she get's apayed. You would never know this momma was totally feral 2 weeks ago. It's amazing to see the change in her. She loves to be petted and rubs on your legs, We are still having some diarrhea issues with the kittens and not sure what to do. The vet put them on antibiotics even though their stool came back negative for parasites, I am soaking dry food in water, mushing it and adding a little wet kitten food to it. I noticed if I gave them straight kitten food they had diarrhea. They are 6 weeks old now, shouldn't they be able to get just straight kitten food? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Behr, Jun 27 8:39 am

Lilly

I'm Lilly of the- valley

Purred: Sat Jun 6, '15 6:40pm PST 
We ended up taking them all of the kittens inside and I feel bad. This momma cat is only 9 months old. She is totally emaciated from having to feed 6 kittens, plus I think she has tape worms. I tried to take her to the vet this morning, but I couldn't get her in the carrier. We feed her food twice a day plus give her kitten replacement milk to help boost her calories. I am starting to have second thoughts about this whole thing. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Behr, Jun 27 8:39 am

Behr

I'm bearly a- Behr

Purred: Sat Jun 6, '15 3:24pm PST 
No it'snot regular milk. I know better than to feed them that. This is Kitten Replacemnt Milk.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Behr, Jun 27 8:39 am

Lilly

I'm Lilly of the- valley

Purred: Sat Jun 6, '15 6:12am PST 
We are definately getting her spayed.. we believe she is under a year old and do not want her to have another litter. Ok another question: Because it was late at night we had no bottle, but they were able to lap up the milk. Should we bother with a bottle or continue to let them lap it up?
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Behr, Jun 27 8:39 am

Harmony- Rayne

Purred: Fri Jun 5, '15 10:36pm PST 
A feral outside had 6 kittens in our backyard approximately 3 weeks ago.. In the past week we have managed to tame her to where we can not only pet her, but she is seeking out our affections. Tomorrow we are taking her to the vet to get wormed and tested for FELV/FIV. When the kittens are weaned we are going to get her spayed and take the kittens to a no kill rescue. My mom brought in the runt tonight because she is afraid he is not getting enough milk. Then we brought in a small sibling who we felt not only needed more milk, but would help keep the first kitten company. He is also a bit feral, so the handling will be good for him. We are feeding him KMR every three hours. His eyes looked kinda gunky so we cleaned them and put some terrimyacim in thethem. I think my one question is: Is feeding him every 3 hours enough or should I do eery 2 hours?
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Behr, Jun 27 8:39 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Poopie Bum!

Behr

I'm bearly a- Behr

Purred: Tue Mar 17, '15 9:16pm PST 
I am a DLH and have the same problem. Mommy is going to take a clippers to by bum and give me a bath. This happens whether i have normal poops or the runs. Right now I have the runs and mom doesn't know why. She is worried that she brought something in the house by petting a outside cat (who had the runs). Maybe your mom needs to get a clippers and do a little trim around the backside.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Behr, Mar 17 9:16 pm

Food & Nutrition > What are the least expensive brands of grain-free cat food (both canned and dry)?

Behr

I'm bearly a- Behr

Purred: Tue Mar 17, '15 9:11pm PST 
Do you have a tractor supply near you? We get our cats 4heath. It's wheat, soy, and corn free. I'm not sure if they have it in wet food, but you can look.
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Mar 26 6:51 pm

Behavior & Training > Catbox trouble

Behr

I'm bearly a- Behr

Purred: Tue Mar 17, '15 9:06pm PST 
We actually screwed plastic up on the walls and put puppy pee pads around the boxes to cat any accidents. We have a box with supposed tall sides, but that doesn't help.,. I guess we will just have to live with it, but grrrr
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by BK, Mar 19 5:11 am

Behavior & Training > Wierd behavior
Lilly

I'm Lilly of the- valley

Purred: Tue Mar 17, '15 12:16am PST 
My mom found my sister Dolche in the parking lot of the IRS. her ear was clipped so they assumed she had been spayed. Dolche has a very weird habit. Late at night (mostly when no one is around) she will grab the dogs toy, mount it and hold it in her mouth all the while crying very loudly. The dogs toys isn't the first thing she's tried to mount.. She find couch pillows too. Mom and grandma do not understand this weird behavior. Any suggestions?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lilly, Mar 17 12:16 am

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.