Postings by BK's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 203: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > What is the best choice of food for a cat with a sensitive tummy? Please help!
BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Sun Sep 28, '14 6:34pm PST 
Although I feed raw and believe in it, I understand it's not for everyone. All you should aim for is to feed the highest quality you can that agrees with her tummy. Every cat is different. If you're sure that there's nothing going on with her (parasites, bacteria, etc.) you should try her on one brand at a time until you find one she can easily tolerate. I do recommend feeding canned food only for other reasons. Try to feed a food with as few ingredients as possible so there's less for her to react to. Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Alex (sweet angel girl), Tue 2:00 am

Raw Food Diet > Newbie, need some advice with meat sources!
BK

Purred: Sat Sep 27, '14 3:15pm PST 
No need to limit yourself - at least give beef a try to see if he'll eat it. It's more a question of preference than intolerance - food sensitivities are pretty rare. Lamb is great and these days pork is pretty safe. I've fed it and never had a problem. I'm not sure what other proteins would be commonly available in Australia - do you have duck or venison? Those might be more US things. But by all means, try whatever you can get from a trusted source.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Loki, Sun 1:59 am

Cat Health > Searching for information on scoliosis.

BK

Purred: Thu Sep 25, '14 11:38am PST 
I've never heard of kitty scoliosis. Could this be a spinal injury or severe CH? Were an x-ray or any other tests done? There are plenty of groups out there for paralyzed kitties that can help you with practical information to make her as comfortable as possible for as long as she has. Best wishes and kudos for taking on this special girl.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Uno, Sat 1:06 am

Cat Health > Cat with Radial Hypoplasia

Callie

Purred: Wed Sep 24, '14 3:11pm PST 
My little girl has CH, not RH, but she's a joy! These special babies bring such love and laughter. Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Callie, Sep 24 3:11 pm

Cat Health > Moe is Fat

BK

Purred: Tue Sep 23, '14 11:45am PST 
He's fat because you're feeding him dry food. Dry food is low protein and high carb. That leads to obesity and down the road can cause other issues like diabetes, kidney disease and urinary problems. Switch him to a low carb wet food and he'll be more satisfied and the weight will come off.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by BK, Sep 23 11:45 am

Food & Nutrition > What are the least expensive brands of grain-free cat food (both canned and dry)?
BK

Purred: Thu Sep 18, '14 12:17pm PST 
I won't feed dry food, but Friskies pate flavors have no gluten, are low in carbs and very inexpensive. It's not the highest quality food but it avoids dangerous ingredients and is not a bad choice when you're on a budget.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mordred,PAWS, Sep 18 5:14 pm

Kitten Corner > Help with a Baby

BK

Purred: Mon Sep 15, '14 11:42am PST 
Although weaning at 6 weeks is not ideal, she'll be fine. The vet will know what shots she needs and when. She should have a visit as soon as possible to be thoroughly checked out and she can be spayed when she's 2 pounds. Otherwise, feed her canned kitten food, give her lots of toys and lots of love. If you find she's getting into trouble while you're at work you might consider getting another kitten. They do best in pairs because they occupy each other and can play all day. But please, if you do decide to get another, adopt from a local shelter. There are too many homeless cats for people to be buying them.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Nikola, Sep 17 4:05 am

Food & Nutrition > Best dry food to feed growing kittens?

BK

Purred: Fri Sep 12, '14 11:23am PST 
Actually, dry food does not have more protein than canned. You can research this yourself very easily. In order to create kibble that holds together in those shapes there has to be some kind of binder, which is always carb based - whether it's corn, wheat, potato starch, etc. This makes them very high in carbs, which can cause obesity and diabetes. There are charts out there that show what percentages of different foods are protein/carbs/fats and canned food is always higher in protein which is what your cat needs. You can feed something as cheap as Friskies pate flavors. They're low in carbs and fine for growing kittens while keeping costs down.

As far as nutrition, all commercial cat food is nutritionally complete.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kyubey, Sep 16 1:35 am

Cat Health > Diarrhea

BK

Purred: Thu Sep 11, '14 5:59pm PST 
I've had foster kittens with diarrhea that did the same thing. They're busy playing, the box is too far and they go wherever they are. A week isn't that long but there are a few things to do if it persists. If you haven't had a fecal exam done, you should do that first. It's common for kittens to have parasites. You can also add a bit of pumpkin to his food (plain pumpkin in a can, not the pie filling) and see if that helps.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Shade, Sep 11 10:52 pm

Cat Health > dental care/brushing teeth
BK

Purred: Thu Aug 28, '14 8:06pm PST 
Although a dental is expensive, it's usually necessary. It can lead to so many problems down the road if it's not taken care of. Plus the teeth start to hurt and your cat will probably stop eating.

My suggestion would be to get the dental done professionally and then start brushing her teeth so it doesn't happen again. I didn't do that and now my little girl needs a second dental only a little more than a year after the first one. I'll be brushing this time!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Aug 29 12:18 pm

(Page 1 of 203: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.