Postings by BK's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 206: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > Nature's V ariety has brought back the raw medallions!
BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Wed Jan 21, '15 5:00am PST 
Good luck with the new version! Keep me posted on how it is!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Sun 5:40 am

BK

Purred: Tue Jan 20, '15 4:35am PST 
I'm not crazy about all those vegetables and that clay but it's still raw and it's still better than many other foods. Have you seen Radcat? It's all meat and they use eggshell for calcium. I know some people who are using it and it's great. Just another option to look into if you're interested.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Sun 5:40 am

BK

Purred: Mon Jan 19, '15 4:44am PST 
I wonder why they're lower in calories? I'd be curious to see if the ingredients have changed - can you let us know? Also, you probably have experience with this, but I've heard the NV is a little high in bone content and can be constipating. You can add a little plain meat to the medallion to avoid this.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Sun 5:40 am

Food & Nutrition > Cat's favorite "texture" of food

BK

Purred: Thu Jan 15, '15 4:28am PST 
One thing to keep in mind when choosing food is that the pate flavors are usually much lower in carbs than the "chunky" flavors. Of course we don't always have a say in what our cats choose, but the pate flavors are generally healthier!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Amber, Sat 4:27 pm

Behavior & Training > Inappropriate Urination - Sometimes!

BK

Purred: Mon Jan 12, '15 4:52am PST 
Catster needs a "like" button! So happy to hear the article was helpful and that it worked already - yay!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by BK, Jan 12 4:52 am

Behavior & Training > Inappropriate Urination - Sometimes!
BK

Purred: Sun Jan 11, '15 7:14am PST 
Peeing out of the box is rarely out of "spite". Here's a great website for all the reasons cats don't use the box: http://catinfo.org/?link=litterbox
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by BK, Jan 12 4:52 am

Raw Food Diet > Tough Question

BK

Purred: Fri Jan 9, '15 6:29am PST 
Both gizzards and hearts are good muscle meats so you can feed those as often as possible. My grocery store also marks down meats that maybe aren't that popular - I've seen things like pork neck bones for as low as $.99.lb. Yes, there's a lot of inedible bone but you could definitely get a meal from the meat. Also, check different stores - if you have a Chinatown or other specialty/international area you never know what you'll find! Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by BK, Jan 9 6:29 am

Raw Food Diet > Dragging food onto the carpet

BK

Purred: Fri Jan 9, '15 6:22am PST 
I don't see how to avoid that unless you sit and oversee everything. Is there a non-carpeted place you could feed? BK used to eat on top of my coffee table (it was a way to keep him in one spot where the fosters wouldn't bother him and although it might not have been pleasant for guests it was easy to clean) and I have a foster that now eats on top of a low cabinet with a placemat on top. I also have a small tiled floor kitchen where I can close the door if I have someone determined to drag bones around the house. Anything like that in your house? The only other thing I can think of is a bathroom. Or how about towels over the rug in the feeding area? They're easily washed and would give the same "grip" as a carpet.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by BK, Jan 9 6:22 am

Choosing the Right Cat > Have a one year old cat -- should I adopt a 12 week old kitten?

BK

Purred: Wed Jan 7, '15 5:05am PST 
I always recommend having young cats in pairs to keep them occupied. One year is still really young and he should do fine with a kitten. It may take a little while for them to adjust to each other though. If possible see if you can "foster with intent", which is like a trial period so you can make sure they'll be able to live with each other. I foster a lot and there are some cats that just won't tolerate another cat in the house. You don't want to be stuck without a backup plan if your male is one of these.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Amber, Sat 5:00 pm

Raw Food Diet > Tough Question
BK

Purred: Wed Jan 7, '15 4:57am PST 
Ugh, this is so tough. I *never* recommend dry food but at the same time I totally understand about your budget. Are there any other options? Could you lower the price of the raw? Are you making your own? Are there any alternative (cheaper) sources for raw meat? I've found that feeding raw costs less than premium canned but more than Friskies but if you can lower the cost of the meat somehow that might help. Of course there's no competing with FREE!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by BK, Jan 9 6:29 am

(Page 1 of 206: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.