GO!

big appetite, big attitude, big everything!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Big Bubba- aka Fats- Domino

go big or go nap

Purred: Thu Mar 28, '13 6:50pm PST 
Bubba eats alot more dry food than any other cat I've raised. Bubba also wants to rule the house. Bubba is 16+ pounds and just turned 5 years old!
Bub makes a big impact, and we're forever giving him a pass (breaks things regularly) due to his amazing super fluffy tail.
Do other Weegies hasve such a ravenous appetite? Do they play too rough and get in trouble all the time?

what trouble?? should read his cat blog right here on catster
[notify]

Purred: Sun Apr 7, '13 6:42am PST 
We are trying to adopt a Norwegian Forest Cat into our loving home of 2 teenage daughters and 4 very sociable cats, so far she is resisting everything. Seems almost feral at times. Shes been rehomed twice already , I dont want to give up on her but need some advice.
[notify]

Big Bubba- aka Fats- Domino

go big or go nap

Purred: Tue Apr 16, '13 7:09am PST 
I hope the catster community can give you some solid advice
on introducing a new cat into your home. Since Bubba has
been with us since he was weened, we had very few issues
with introduction.
Most experts will suggest keeping the new cat seperate from
your established family until you see signs that they are feeling
secure.
[notify]

Purred: Fri Jun 21, '13 6:38pm PST 
So I just joined caster to be able to answer your questions, I just realized my cat Bianca that I have had for 5 years is a norweign forest cat. The thing I have learned about this bred is you have to be very patient with them especially when you have other animals. After I had her for about a year I brought her to my parents house, they already had 3 other cats and 2 dogs. She spent the next 2 years in the basement my father was convicted she was feral but she is not. You just have to give them time to feel comfortable where they are. I now live in a house with only one other dog and Bianca still hates him. She will only leave my room when he is not around. I adore my cat this breed of cats is an amazing beautiful breed but you just need to make sure you can be patient with them.

Now I do have a question I am thinking about shaving her not all the way but just a nice cut, because I feel with all her hair she is getting really hot. Does anyone have any advice for me on this?
[notify]