GO!

Helpp! What kind of cat am I!!??

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Vixi

Purred: Sat Sep 17, '11 2:23pm PST 
At first I thought Vixi was a maine coon but then my friend suggested she was a norwegian forest cat but I'm still not sure. Can anyone help me?
[notify]

Sophie

Purred: Sun Oct 30, '11 12:53pm PST 
I have the same problem. The people at the shelter said I was a Maine Coon, but I have short legs, a short-ish tail, a low-slung long body, and my fur is very poofy and has a coarse woolly texture. I weigh 17 lbs and have big bones and a heavy frame. I think I am a Norwegian Forest Cat. How can I be sure? hug
[notify]

Purred: Thu Nov 29, '12 9:36pm PST 
look at the paws.
if they about a 1/2" of fur sticking out in between the pads of their "palm" and "toes", its probably a norwefian.
i thought mine was, and once i read that norwegians had that furry paw that causes them to slip on slick floors, i knew mine was indeed a norwegian forest cat.
[notify]

Sterling

Saviour, be nice- to all

Purred: Tue Jan 29, '13 5:42pm PST 
i have the same problem like you too, Sterling I first thought was a Norwegian until my vet said he could be a marine coon, but i see most of the traits of a Norwegian because he has fur sticking up between the toes.. Please help me know him better!!kitty
[notify]