GO!

How big at 12 weeks?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Chibi

Proud mother of- the Gang of- Four!

Purred: Wed Jun 4, '08 2:07am PST 
Just an update...Chibi is now 8.5 pounds at 7 and one half months. Her sister Leila is 9.2 pounds at one year, a bit small for a female Maine Coon.
[notify]

♥- Roxy- ♥

Polydactyl Maine- Coons Rule!

Purred: Thu Jun 5, '08 8:27pm PST 
Thanks! I'm turning 7 months old now and I am around 7 pounds.
[notify]

Chibi

Proud mother of- the Gang of- Four!

Purred: Tue Jul 22, '08 5:35am PST 
Update: today Chibi (9 months) was 4.3 kg (she's gained 200 g in one week, and still has those big puppy-dog feet!), and Leila (1 year3 months) was 4.45 kg. Leila has a gorgeous looooong Maine Coon body, but undoubtedly Chibi, whose body is as yet shorter, is eventually going to weigh more. I'm hoping that Chibi will make it close to 5 kg, which is considered a good weight for an MC female.

By the way, forgive me if I'm repeating myself, but I've heard that the MCs in Japan are getting smaller and smaller, because the gene pool is becoming increasingly limited, due to stiff quarantine laws. That doesn't mean that all the cats are inbreeding, just that they need some big cats from the US or Europe to up their size.
[notify]

Loki

Loki the Maine- Coon Cat

Purred: Thu Jul 24, '08 4:44pm PST 
Loki and Maggie are 2 now, and they honestly seem to be growing still. I thought after about 18 months the growth woud be mostly muscle as in filling out...But Loki especially seems to just keep getting growth spurts. Like his legs are getting longer...Not sure how much he weighs, but I can easily feel his ribs and backbone. The other week I was looking at Maggie with him and I said I think Maggie is shrinking, well of course she is not, but she has shed some of her coat and seems a bit smaller with Loki's last growth spurt. She is longer though too, by a bit.
Not sure why the Japanese MCs would be smaller, generally cats closer to foundation are the ones who are smaller . Anyway really health is most important over size . We'd love Loki and Maggie no matter what size they were.
Do you know who the ancester cats were for your gang- where they came from in the US? You can look up ancesters on pawpeds
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Mon Jul 28, '08 6:58am PST 
Yes, I'll try that sometime when I've got a free moment. Also, right now I only have a three-generation pedigree which isn't from the CFA, and I'd like to order a five-generation one from the CFA sometime soon.

Harvey still isn't putting on weight, but he's become super loving and sweet. A year ago, he wouldn't look me in the eye or let me touch his feet. Now he's got one paw on my wrist as I write at the keyboard...

I keep the air conditioning at meat locker level in the summer so they won't lose too much fur in these semi-tropical Tokyo summers, but even so, Harvey looks markedly thinner now that he's lost some of his fur due to the change of seasons. I've got another show coming up this weekend (another trip to Osaka and a stay in a hotel!), and I'm afraid he won't be looking his best. C'est la vie!
[notify]

♥- Roxy- ♥

Purred: Mon Jul 28, '08 9:40pm PST 
Last time I weighed Roxy (~2 weeks ago) she was about 8.5 pounds at about 8 months old... In contrast my other kitten Church who is a "mutt" (feral rescue) was over 9.5 pounds, he's a few weeks older than Roxy. I think he's at 10 pounds now.

I thought Roxy's fur would have thinned out for the summer but instead it just seemed to be getting more fluffy!
[notify]

♥- Roxy- ♥

Purred: Fri Oct 15, '10 3:59pm PST 
Hey I just found this old thread I started when Roxy was still a kitten! So I wanted to give an update. Roxy will be turning 3 years old on October 30th and she is now 11 pounds.
I think she is still growing because I swear she is still getting longer-bodied all the time!
[notify]

Mowgli

large and in- charge

Purred: Mon May 9, '11 12:18am PST 
at 12 weeks mowgli was still pretty skinny!
i think around the time when you could start seeing a noticable size difference was about 7-9 months.
Mowgli is only 10 months old now but hes quite heavy and my 6 year old has a hard time carrying him around party
Id say wait till he is closer to a year - they are slow growers afterall
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2